Anyone else having trouble with Inkscape lately?

Whittier S

I'm posting here because the Inkscape boards are in techie gibberish and I don't begin to know how to tell them what my issue is because I don't speak techie.

My rectangles are coming out with rounded angles. No matter what corrections I make editing the nodes, I can't square them off. Making ellipses is also difficult due to similar issues with the nodes, but I can get "close enough," unlike with the rectangles. This started happening a few weeks ago, out of nowhere. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling in case there was a bug, and that did nothing.

Does anyone know anything I can do?

Thank you

rATMcmK.png

I'm using the rectangle tool, and I'm sliding the Bezier points as far as I can to make corners, but it's not letting me slide them all the way that I would need to square off the corners.

I did not used to have this problem, it only started a few weeks ago out of nowhere.

rATMcmK.png

Also, it is acting really weird when I try to resize ellipses, it jumps from one size to the next even though I'm using it so that it should transition smoothly.

In the past I had different issues with rectangles and ellipses. When I drew them, they were completely invisible, with no properties whatsoever. The only way I could tell they were there was to drag around them, and they would show up, but they were completely without properties and uneditable. My workaround was to hand-draw rectangles with the Bezier tool and just hope that my angles would square off, and to create ellipses by typing the letter O in a font that made it a perfect circle and then converting it into a path. After my computer died and I replaced it with my current one, I installed Inkscape on my new system and did not have issues with rectangles and ellipses until recently.

rATMcmK.png

I went to the Inkscape forums. Other people are having the same troubles with getting the Bezier points to work properly and with resizing ellipses, but not enough people are having the problem for them to do much of a fix right now. So I'm guessing the problem depends on what computer someone is running. I'll soldier on the best I can in the meantime. I can always convert Wingdings to paths.

rATMcmK.png

When you have the black arrow selected, there are 4 options on the tool bar that appear at the end after the word 'Affect:' One of these buttons might apply to your issue, I'm not sure. That's all I could think of that's not been mentioned yet.

When it comes to scaling the objects such as elipses, yes I've had similar problems at times and it's pretty frustrating. I've also recently had trouble with the gradient tool and getting it to apply to the stroke or fill I have selected. It often doesn't want to cooperate.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived