Sign in to follow this  
ESTONES6

Bret Bielema Leaving Wisconsin Badgers for Arkansas Razorbacks

this is pretty big news though. he's gone to the rose bowl the last couple years at wisconsin and he goes to arkansas? i don't get it considering they were bad this year.

this is pretty big news though. he's gone to the rose bowl the last couple years at wisconsin and he goes to arkansas? i don't get it considering they were bad this year.

Does the phrase "Get out while the gettin's good" mean anything to you. He's not going to another Rose Bowl as long as Urban Meyer's at Ohio State.

New coach, new era.

Can we finally get rid of the motion-sick-W now?

Yeah. That thing is hideous. Does anybody else think this move by Bielema is a lateral move at best?

New coach, new era.

Yeah. That thing is hideous. Does anybody else think this move by Bielema is a lateral move at best?

Maybe I am biased, but it strikes me as less-than-lateral. Unless he REALLY wants in the SEC. But in a division with LSU and Bama? Best of luck.

It's such an odd move that I am bracing myself for the idea that he left Pete Carrol style and there are about to be a bunch of NCAA sanctions and vacated wins, etc.

Does the phrase "Get out while the gettin's good" mean anything to you. He's not going to another Rose Bowl as long as Urban Meyer's at Ohio State.

your obviously true about ohio state :) , but i think he'll have a better shot at wisconsin then at a conference with alabama, florida, lsu, georgia, and texas a&m

I'm guessing its one of those deals where the money is just too good to ignore. If I recall, the B16 TEN isn't necessarily on board with paying coaches a ton of money - Urban being the exception last year. Sure, Ohio State and Michigan are the odds on favorites for the foreseeable future, but I don't see how going to the SEC gives you a better chance to play for the BCS title. Like it has already been mentioned, he is going against LSU and Alabama. I would think that battling Ohio State and Penn State every year is a lot easier than the Tigers and the Tide.

Now, there was some discontent in Bielema's camp when Meyer was hired by Ohio State. Apparently the coaches within the B16 TEN had a gentleman's agreement that a coach wouldn't recruit players that have already verbally committed to another school. If memory serves, once Urban got hired, he came to win. I think Urban actually got a few of Wisconsin's better recruits to decomit and comit to Ohio State.

Maybe its an F-U to the B16 TEN. Personally, I never thought he was that great of a coach, and frankly, underachieved at Wisconsin. If he can go in to Arkansas and beat up on LSU and Alabama, I'll gladly eat crow... but I don't see that in the cards for Mr. Bielema.

"We (the B1G) don't want to be anything like the SEC." - Guy who just jumped to the SEC.

That was the best part of this entire thing. The guy is basically a B1G lifer (went to college at Iowa) and now left a Big 10 power for a middle-of-the-road SEC team. That is hilarious.

New coach, new era.

Not as long as Alvarez is AD. He's (delusionally) convinced that the Badgers football uniforms are as iconic as Alabama, Texas or Nebraska.

"We (the B1G) don't want to be anything like the SEC." - Guy who just jumped to the SEC.

That was the best part of this entire thing. The guy is basically a B1G lifer (went to college at Iowa) and now left a Big 10 power for a middle-of-the-road SEC team. That is hilarious.

Was just going to post this. It's hilarious. I think this had a lot to do with Bielema not liking how Urban Meyer went about recruiting. Well, he's in for a treat going to the SEC now.

And I hope Nick Saban and Les Miles run up the score and put up 70 on Arkansas after Bielema inevitably does it to someone like Kentucky.

New coach, new era.

Not as long as Alvarez is AD. He's (delusionally) convinced that the Badgers football uniforms are as iconic as Alabama, Texas or Nebraska.

I think he's close to right, except that awful logo.

Just wanted to say that Bielema looks a hell of a lot like that cop from the Hangover.

7340519.jpg

Just wanted to say that Bielema looks a hell of a lot like that cop from the Hangover.

7340519.jpg

That's the guy who replaced Frank Caliendo on Fox NFL Sunday.

7340519.jpg

That's the guy who replaced Frank Caliendo on Fox NFL Sunday.

Interesting. I wasn't aware people actually watched the FOX pre-game show.

Yeah Fox Pregame is terrible, the one on CBS is much much better.

As for the move I always regarded Wisconsin as a better job than Arkansas, which to me at least is a bit instable in football.

I just heard on our local news (FOX 6) that Barry Alvarez will coach the Rose Bowl at a special request from Seniors on the team.