NBA court database

kodrinsky

Kodrinsky, superlative work as always on the latest 17-18 additions to the NBA court database. Thank you for posting them.

By my count you're up to 68 designs for the season, with all 30 franchises represented (and in a number of cases - the Warriors or Kings, for example - well represented).

My question is, at this point and to your knowledge, are there any other court designs for this regular season left to release, and if so, whose? If so, will these designs present a "fresh" look that differs significantly from pre-existing team designs (e.g. the Golden 1 Center '18 court above), or rather simple differences such as baseline team or sponsor logos/verbiage added or subtracted (e.g. the Wells Fargo '18 court above)?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, yowzersus said:

Kodrinsky, superlative work as always on the latest 17-18 additions to the NBA court database. Thank you for posting them.

By my count you're up to 68 designs for the season, with all 30 franchises represented (and in a number of cases - the Warriors or Kings, for example - well represented).

My question is, at this point and to your knowledge, are there any other court designs for this regular season left to release, and if so, whose? If so, will these designs present a "fresh" look that differs significantly from pre-existing team designs (e.g. the Golden 1 Center '18 court above), or rather simple differences such as baseline team or sponsor logos/verbiage added or subtracted (e.g. the Wells Fargo '18 court above)?

I expect only minor changes (for ex. the one above). I will stay frosty, though.

Your queen is just a pawn with some fancy moves.

On 2014-05-13 at 3:07 AM, kodrinsky said:

Target Center (1990/1993)

14175886155_303dd49763_z.jpg

This was used from 1991 to 1993. 

During the 1990-91 season, the Wolves' home floor looked similar to the previous year (the Metrodome floor), with two key differences.

1. New baseline used - same as picture above 

2. Different "Target Center" logo - Blue text and black logo (See 3:01 of video below)

So the floor you have there was used from 1991 to 1993. See this video below.

On 2015-04-07 at 4:11 AM, kodrinsky said:

Miami Arena (1988/1990)

16815857419_f11a1212f0_z.jpg

This floor was only used for the Heat's inaugural season. They removed the white circle in the middle the year after. See 7:07 of video below.

Kodrinsky, thanks for putting up the courts. However, re: 1990-91 Wolves' home floor, there a few minor corrections that needed to be done.

1. There weren't any white NCAA court marks on the shaded area.

2. The pair of lines under the scorer's table was actually an outlined box - similar to the floor from the previous season (see the Metrodome floor for reference). 

3. Flip the position of "TARGET CENTER" wordmark on lower right portion. 

See 0:13-0:17 (for corrections #1 and #2) and 1:02 (for correction #3) of the video below.

Here's another reference - an image this time around.

target-center-3.ashx?h=451&la=en&w=680

All in all, the Wolves' floor for that year resembled that of the previous year, except "TARGET CENTER" wordmark was added, "MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES" wordmark was stretched, and of course, the light shade of grey on the center court logo. My bad. Wish I specified it earlier. Thanks in advance. *peace*

• 1 month later...

Hey Kodrinsky... what's the next step with the 2017-18 season?

Presuming there's no more regular season court variants to post between now and April 11, do you intend to present playoff courts all the way through the Finals?

Thank you, sensei!

14 hours ago, kodrinsky said:

I'm so deep into NCAA courts, IDK. Once I finish them all I will try to add some teams that need updates. Also Royals, Phila Warriors, Nats...

That's also want I really want.

I don think NCAA court designs are much better than NBA.I'll keep waiting for your great work.

uV8YYsp.gif

On 2018-03-28 at 9:00 PM, kodrinsky said:

I'm so deep into NCAA courts, IDK. Once I finish them all I will try to add some teams that need updates. Also Royals, Phila Warriors, Nats...

Kodrinsky Are you planing to finish updating courts timelines for the last 5 teams such as Jazz, Royals/Kings, Warriors, Lakers and Spurs? i know you had mention them before, but didn't touch them yet. Also what about all of the nba all star courts timeline from past to present, when do you planning to release them? Really wish to see that.

Archived