Britain WBC Concepts (Republic of Ireland Added, Project Complete)

BigRed618

When I heard that Great Britain would be participating in the next WBC, I wondered what that would be like if they played as four different states, like their FIFA counterparts. Here's a concept for England I just finished...

engbaseunis.png

I plan on doing the other ones too, Scotland, N. Ireland, and Wales. C&C appreciated, as always. Should I continue with this?

I like the idea, but I'd make the gray a bit more gray. It's too blue.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

No logos on the hats, yes, that was intentional. I couldn't come up with anything that would look good, so I left it blank. Some baseball teams in the early 20th century had logoless hats and pulled off the look nicely, and I'm sure I don't need to mention a certain NFL team who's famous for their blank helmets.

No logos on the hats, yes, that was intentional. I couldn't come up with anything that would look good, so I left it blank. Some baseball teams in the early 20th century had logoless hats and pulled off the look nicely, and I'm sure I don't need to mention a certain NFL team who's famous for their blank helmets.

OMG!!! CLEVEJACKED!!!11!!11!

Just playing... I actually think plain hats with piping is very fitting for England. Can't wait to see Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

OMG!!! CLEVEJACKED!!!11!!11!

Just playing... I actually think plain hats with piping is very fitting for England. Can't wait to see Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

Thanks. Also sorry about my post. I'm having some browser trouble atm. :x

I'm back with the next part of my project. Here's Scotland:

scobaseunis.png

I thought about using a secondary color, like red or gold, which appear on the Scottish crest, but none of them looked as good as this blue/white version. At least I think I made a good choice on the cap logo. C&C, please and thank you!

Here's Wales:

walbaseunis.png

I went with Hathaway's advise and tried using Wales' floral symbol, the leek, but it didn't turn out too great, so I used their other symbol, the daffodil, as their cap logo. "Cymru" is actually the Welsh name for their nation, and the resulting script logo lends tribute to the Cubs' and Reds' style, kinda like how Italy is inspired by the Dodgers. C&C appreciated, as always. Northern Ireland is next, and as a bonus, I plan on doing regular Ireland, too.

Norn Iron is up:

nirbaseunis.png

To be honest, I didn't know what to use for a logo until I was in the middle of making the concept, so I came up with the "Ni" on the fly. I wasn't going for any particular look, but in hindsight, I might have subconciously been inspired by the Montreal Expos or the old Minnesota North Stars emblems.

Republic of Ireland is next. C&C, please and thank you.

To be honest, I didn't know what to use for a logo until I was in the middle of making the concept,

Easy. The Red Hand of Ulster. Maybe modify it to hold a ball, or use a red glove.

You shouldn't use green for a Northern Irish team. Both green and orange carry heavy-handed religious overtones that will alienate big chunks of the population and remind everyone of the Troubles. Sadly, I'm probably forcing you toward something that looks a lot like England.Scratch that,as the national soccer team uses green.

To be honest, I didn't know what to use for a logo until I was in the middle of making the concept,

Easy. The Red Hand of Ulster. Maybe modify it to hold a ball, or use a red glove.

You shouldn't use green for a Northern Irish team. Both green and orange carry heavy-handed religious overtones that will alienate big chunks of the population and remind everyone of the Troubles. Sadly, I'm probably forcing you toward something that looks a lot like England.Scratch that,as the national soccer team uses green.

I didn't use the hand because it already appears on the flag on their sleeve, the same reason I didn't make a dragon logo for Wales.

Now, here's the Republic of Ireland:

roibaseunis.png

Heh, finally found that logo I was looking for. Turns out the rugby team uses it more than the soccer team. Who knew? Anyway, C&C appreciated, as always.

I love the NI logo, retro but still modern. And the RoI set is pretty decent too, although personally Eire perhaps should be together as one wordmark rather than two.

It was meant to be one word, but it's separated by the buttons on the jersey. I'm thinking of making another version of this with "Ireland" instead of "Éire." What say you?

Archived