Notre Dame Cover Up?

Cola

CS85 is a Domer....we get it.

False. I don't really have a college football team, but I follow the Illini and Notre Dame's more than others. I wouldn't dare call myself a fan. The only reason I'm rooting for them to win the title is because I'm tired of the same fare winning national championships.

But thanks for boiling down my character to further reduce my arguments, I appreciate it.

edit: anyway, I'm tired of this bickering, since my attempts to broaden the spectrum clearly aren't welcome. Enjoy your communal witch-burning. I'll leave this thread alone.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

False. I don't really have a college football team, but I follow the Illini and Notre Dame's more than others. I wouldn't dare call myself a fan. The only reason I'm rooting for them to win the title is because I'm tired of the same fare winning national championships.

And you're cheering for Notre Dame?! Look, yes, this is kind of a "pick your lesser evil" game if you don't want to be cheering for "Meteor strike", but still....

Ramdog.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Remember this article tonight when we are praising Te'o's "moral character." He has to know or at least suspect which of his teammates are the guilty parties.

So what should Te'o do then?

So what is the ultimate outcome supposed to be here? We've established that my "THIS is a microcosm of college sports" argument is apparently not satisfying enough, and that rams80 is going to ride the "Brian Kelly is a Murderer" train to the bitter end. The only thing I've read from any of you is that this poor girl's rape/death needs to be properly avenged (which is true and right), since blaming the gross underbelly of NCAA football is not an acceptable response.

The vibe I get is that Notre Dame should forfeit/lose the title game because it's not right that an alleged rapist wins a championship with the university that swept his crime under the rug, yes? If that's what you're all implying, then that's pretty sad. That's not justice, that's spite. The re-emergence of this case is going to require more than just one reporter begging the question.

Calm down man.... I will say that you are right to a degree. The culture bred by NCAA football does hype up these kids into believing they are better than other people and they deserve to get what they want, but when other human lives and decency come into question, it goes above and beyond blaming the general landscape of college football in my opinion.

You want an end game to this: how about the culture bred specifically by Brian Kelly? When he was at CMU, he had to kick several players off the team for beating someone to death. How'd he handle the Michael Floyd DUI situation? How many players has he suspended this year alone? And that's not even addressing the situations that have already been brought up in the thread...

...unnecessary personal opinion follows:

The other issue for me personally is the Notre Dame superiority that flows not only from the football team but from the campus itself that I saw firsthand over my time living in South Bend. You're smart enough to realize that Notre Dame (and its football team) is no different than any other institution of higher learning (outside of their Catholicness and all their private money), but when you talk to a Domer, they just beam about how ND is this beacon of light to a dark place and how their football team is upheld to such standards that other large D1 schools couldn't dream of reaching. If you need an example and you can hold your breath long enough, read this ND thread for as long as you can: http://domerdomain.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40595. They are unable to comprehend that they're now paddling the same boat as every other school.

Hell, read some of the comments by Domers about Manzeil winning the Heisman over Teo.... They're going off about Manzeil getting arrested before the season started. Such a glorious double-standard.

I'm not saying the Irish should be punished for something that might or might not have happened or for anyone to single them out for not playing by the culture already existent in college football. No, I am saying that they have had 3 potentially MAJOR instances occur since Brian Kelly took over, 2 resulting in the deaths of young people in their community. They need to (1) come down from their golden palaces in the sky and take these matters seriously when they come up; and (2) take a long hard look at the culture now building up in Notre Dame football.

Very interesting article and even more interesting that I haven't seen even the slightest hint or mention of this on any other major news outlet.

Obviously, some things mentioned in the article will never be 100% proved as fact and maybe the truth lies somewhere in the middle, but I just can't believe this news has escaped me (and apparently a lot of others I have shared this with). Forgive me if already posted here or discussed in another thread.

Why I Won't Be Cheering For Notre Dame

Every football program is covering something up. Not surprised that ND is no different.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

As disgusting as this is, I'm not even surprised anymore. Same stuff that happens at plenty of colleges across the country. What ND did was horrible, but let's not kid ourselves by saying that Alabama is the more righteous team.

Brian Kelly also sent a T.A. up in a cherrypicker in a windstorm just to watch him die.

Johnny Cash shot a man in Reno for similar reasons.

-------

Oh yeah? Billy Joe shot a man while robbing his castle....Bobby Sue took the money and run.

Every football program is covering something up. Not surprised that ND is no different.

And the prosecutor trying to put away a murderer is probably cheating on his wife. So what?

When accusations like this are made against another program, then this conversation should be about that program. Until then, this is about what Notre Dame did or didn't do.

I'm sure Alabama is hiding a bunch of :censored: too.

There's a rather large difference between NCAA infractions, impermissible benefits, hushed up traffic violations or weed charges, and rape leading to a victim's suicide. To pretend that both are equivalent as an attempt to justify it under "everyone does it" logic is asinine bordering on offensive.

Remember this article tonight when we are praising Te'o's "moral character." He has to know or at least suspect which of his teammates are the guilty parties.

I'm not sure why "Go to the police with the names" is so frickin' hard to comprehend or think of for some, but yeah, do what I just said. The culture of team solidarity stops the second you deal with major crimes.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The biggest question is this: who the :censored: cares about which team some broad will be rooting for in the BCS National Championship?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I wonder whether this many posters would have the school's back if this story was about Miami.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm sure Alabama is hiding a bunch of :censored: too.

There's a rather large difference between NCAA infractions, impermissible benefits, hushed up traffic violations or weed charges, and rape leading to a victim's suicide. To pretend that both are equivalent as an attempt to justify it under "everyone does it" logic is asinine bordering on offensive.

I'm not sure why "Go to the police with the names" is so frickin' hard to comprehend or think of for some, but yeah, do what I just said. The culture of team solidarity stops the second you deal with major crimes.

Yep, that would be the right thing to do, no matter the person, but unfortunately, far too often, that isn't the case.

Assuming Te'o knows something, which we have no reason to believe.

I don't like college football, but it's wayyyyyyyyy too powerful.

Why should we believe Te'o doesn't know or suspect? Football teams are small and insular enough that it's hard to hide things from your teammates.

Today, we are all otaku.

Why should we believe Te'o doesn't know or suspect? Football teams are small and insular enough that it's hard to hide things from your teammates.

We don't know, but I don't have a reason to believe. Some :censored: raped someone; one could ascertain that you wouldn't exactly brag about that to anybody.

Also, I don't agree that you can hide everything from your teammates; ever hear of Wade Davis? He came out as gay after hiding it during his NFL career.

Which would lead me to counter, why should we believe Te'o does know or suspect? You may be right (or wrong) in your assumption, but I don't think it's fair to assume at this point.

EDIT: By the way, I usually don't watch college football, don't care about Notre Dame or their odds in the BCS Championship Game, and couldn't really be bothered with any praise or "praise" Te'o gets, regarding his character whichever way.

And you're cheering for Notre Dame?! Look, yes, this is kind of a "pick your lesser evil" game if you don't want to be cheering for "Meteor strike", but still....

Ramdog.jpg

Oh man, what was the first use of Puzzled BIchon Frise? I've seen it here before. Might've even been me!

Anyway, I'm struggling with the idea that an essay, as opposed to reporting, can be a "smear job." I also don't feel good about writing off the scissor lift death and the rape-suicide as "dated events" when they happened under this head coach just two years ago. I mean, lol at freakin' Domers who still have their perpetually besotted noses in the air over Knute Rockne writing off transgressions from Brian Kelly's regime as "dated." And while yes, every college program has a certain amount of fixed-up misconduct as the price of doing business, the enormity of raping a girl and scaring her silent till she kills herself + sending a kid up in a scissor lift in a giant windstorm is categorically undeniable. Furthermore, no other school traffics in football-transcending, all-encompassing sanctimony the way Notre Dame does. Compared to Notre Dame, Penn State was the U. You don't get to say "welp, them's college sports" when your fandom is built on at all times championing your moral, academic, socioeconomic, and religious superiority, and that's before we even get to talking football. I'm tired of ways that bad people can do bad things while hiding in the Catholic Church.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This isn't just a Notre Dame problem, it's an everywhere problem. Being a college student I have visited a few different college campuses where freinds attend. I have seen first hand football and basketball players get away with things most regular people would be arrested and sent to jail for.

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

This isn't just a Notre Dame problem, it's an everywhere problem. Being a college student I have visited a few different college campuses where freinds attend. I have seen first hand football and basketball players get away with things most regular people would be arrested and sent to jail for.

/OhioState

Archived