Joshawaggie

2013 Pantone color of the year: Emerald

I think its a really cool shade of green. I've always thought a color like this would look really good in mainstream sports. It's similar to what the Grizz used to wear in vancouver. Thinking about it tangerine really did/does seem to be all over the place, I can't wait to see emerald all around.

As a native of the "Emerald Coast", I can dig this.

(And yes, more green is always good.)

Next time you're at a clothing store, walk by the women's sections. Crazy how everything that's being displayed as "in" right now is green... and all the orange :censored: is on clearance. You're a clever lady, Pantone.

A video about the history of Pantone (starts at 1:00) and the Color of the Year selection process (starts at 3:40):

Here's a snapshot of the specs for Emerald - Cotton:

PTX_17-5641_TCX_SRGB.png

...and on Paper:

PTX_17-5641_TPX_SRGB.png

...and here's a display of all of the "Pantone's Color of the Year" colors - Cotton (note: some of the color descriptions are getting cutoff on this report):

PantonesColorOfTheYear_OFF_9999_TXC_SRGB.png

...and on Paper:

PantonesColorOfTheYear_OFF_9999_TXP_SRGB.png

Indigo is my favourite colour. It looks like 2008 was my last chance for a while.

Hey Colorwerx, is there a site or something where you can browse pantone colors? Been looking for a good one, havent found anything :/

2009-2011 formed the alternate Spurs logo.

Not quite, but close...and it was the primary logo, not an alternate:

SanAntonioSpurs_FRC_2002_SCC_SRGB.png

Hey Colorwerx, is there a site or something where you can browse pantone colors? Been looking for a good one, havent found anything :/

Do a Google search on "pantone color chart" ...there's plenty out there, but I'll admit that most of them aren't using current specs.

2009-2011 formed the alternate Spurs logo.

Not quite, but close...and it was the primary logo, not an alternate:

SanAntonioSpurs_FRC_2002_SCC_SRGB.png

Do a Google search on "pantone color chart" ...there's plenty out there, but I'll admit that most of them aren't using current specs.

1. Thanks for the correction

2. I'm glad to know it's their primary

3. I'm glad I didn't come away looking too stupid

4. ...on second thought...