2013 Pantone color of the year: Emerald

Joshawaggie

http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/index.aspx

Discuss. Green is my favorite color, I can dig this. It's funny hiw this effects the 'fashion world'. Walk into Macy's, Nordstrom, etc at your mall and there'll be a section dedicated to this color, just like there was for tangerine this year.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I think its a really cool shade of green. I've always thought a color like this would look really good in mainstream sports. It's similar to what the Grizz used to wear in vancouver. Thinking about it tangerine really did/does seem to be all over the place, I can't wait to see emerald all around.

As a native of the "Emerald Coast", I can dig this.

(And yes, more green is always good.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a snapshot of the specs for Emerald - Cotton:

PTX_17-5641_TCX_SRGB.png

...and on Paper:

PTX_17-5641_TPX_SRGB.png

...and here's a display of all of the "Pantone's Color of the Year" colors - Cotton (note: some of the color descriptions are getting cutoff on this report):

PantonesColorOfTheYear_OFF_9999_TXC_SRGB.png

...and on Paper:

PantonesColorOfTheYear_OFF_9999_TXP_SRGB.png

2009-2011 formed the alternate Spurs logo.

Not quite, but close...and it was the primary logo, not an alternate:

SanAntonioSpurs_FRC_2002_SCC_SRGB.png

Hey Colorwerx, is there a site or something where you can browse pantone colors? Been looking for a good one, havent found anything :/

Do a Google search on "pantone color chart" ...there's plenty out there, but I'll admit that most of them aren't using current specs.

2009-2011 formed the alternate Spurs logo.

Not quite, but close...and it was the primary logo, not an alternate:

SanAntonioSpurs_FRC_2002_SCC_SRGB.png

Hey Colorwerx, is there a site or something where you can browse pantone colors? Been looking for a good one, havent found anything :/

Do a Google search on "pantone color chart" ...there's plenty out there, but I'll admit that most of them aren't using current specs.

1. Thanks for the correction

2. I'm glad to know it's their primary

3. I'm glad I didn't come away looking too stupid

4. ...on second thought...

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived