Digby

The Earthquakes pull that same "1974" stunt on the rear neck of their jerseys, and it's even more egregious in their case.

Pluse, while the Caps' is an open-to-interpretation "Since 1974", the Quakes' actually reads "Est. 1974", and I mean, come on.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

n7sM6ZA.png

Preview shots of the new TFC kit somewhat confirm the leaks we saw a few months ago:

bn3sSTW.jpg

The maple leaf thing worked for TFC before Vancouver and Montreal joined the league. They really need to get away from it now that they're not MLS' only Canadian organization. The Academy badge is rather sharp. Something like that would be nice.

n7sM6ZA.png

Preview shots of the new TFC kit somewhat confirm the leaks we saw a few months ago:

bn3sSTW.jpg

The maple leaf thing worked for TFC before Vancouver and Montreal joined the league. They really need to get away from it now that they're not MLS' only Canadian organization. The Academy badge is rather sharp. Something like that would be nice.

Agreed 5000% I would love for TFC to adopt that as the primary.

I am a huge TFC supporter, but I just hate the current crest. It's so damn random and has no meaning.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

n7sM6ZA.png

bn3sSTW.jpg

Agreed 5000% I would love for TFC to adopt that as the primary.

I am a huge TFC supporter, but I just hate the current crest. It's so damn random and has no meaning.

I just realized we see a bit of a Whiteface jersey on the right. I don't recall seing these lines before.

^ When I got my half season renewal e-mail I was like "What the hell? Isn't this supposed to be a secret?". I opened the e-mail later last night and suddenly, it was a pic of Torsten Frings instead. Weird.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

No kit news in this post, but isn't it bizarre that MLS is asking people to pre-order the jerseys sight unseen? Who'd drop $100+ on a mystery shirt?

To tell you the truth, no.

I completely see your point and I'm sure that most people (as in casual fans or people with little interest) that probably holds true for.

A supporter usually is a different case. I've seen the TFC kit, but even if I hadn't I would have pre-ordered it. I just support the club no matter what. Maybe that's stupid, maybe that's passion. I don't want to start a debate about that line. I'm just saying that most supporters will go ahead and pre-order because it's their team.

No kit news in this post, but isn't it bizarre that MLS is asking people to pre-order the jerseys sight unseen? Who'd drop $100+ on a mystery shirt?

To tell you the truth, no.

I completely see your point and I'm sure that most people (as in casual fans or people with little interest) that probably holds true for.

A supporter usually is a different case. I've seen the TFC kit, but even if I hadn't I would have pre-ordered it. I just support the club no matter what. Maybe that's stupid, maybe that's passion. I don't want to start a debate about that line. I'm just saying that most supporters will go ahead and pre-order because it's their team.

I'm in the same boat. I've already pre-ordered my SKC shirt.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Welp -- ok!

I'm a Timbers supporter but I'm not planning to buy either of the new kits. Maybe a new hat, and probably a Timbers Army shirt or two, but love isn't blind. :)

lol honestly, what is your franchise thinking? From best jerseys in the league to the worst. TFC, and other teams have shown, the jersey changes don't have to be super dramatic.

On the bright side, this will be the last year for Montreal's kits.

Any Cosmos jersey will be bought by me

idk if you have a ROSS nearby but they always have a bunch of really cool umbro Cosmos gear really cheap too, that im sure will look nicer than whatever adidas will come up with. Im actually wearing some shorts i picked up right now!

Welp -- ok!

I'm a Timbers supporter but I'm not planning to buy either of the new kits. Maybe a new hat, and probably a Timbers Army shirt or two, but love isn't blind. :)

I'm with you on this. I'll keep wearing my old Timbers kit. This new one -- the front anyway; the back is nice -- is pretty uninspiring.

Welp -- ok!

lol honestly, what is your franchise thinking? From best jerseys in the league to the worst. TFC, and other teams have shown, the jersey changes don't have to be super dramatic.

On the bright side, this will be the last year for Montreal's kits.

Trouble with soccer's practice of changing kits so frequently is that sometimes clubs change even when their current kit is perfect and they have no better ideas...

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Look on the bright side: at least the MLS hasn't gotten to the point where the European clubs are at. We get two years with every kit instead of just one.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived