Digby

According to the Whitecaps online store, jersey reveal day is Thursday.

I'd kind of like to see them lay claim to blue and white hoops, but from what we've seen so far, not gonna happen.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was the above not true? Here is a teaser from the Sounders and I'm not seeing enough green around the logo. Just me?

BDudFXjCIAEUAYj.jpg

The pattern fades out below the logo. You can see on the full jersey that there is a very sparse amount of green there, which is reflected on the logo close-up.

I kind of thought that too but when you zoom in it's definitely different. Could end up being more or less the same but just thought it was interesting.

ssfccompare.jpg

Maybe the the jersey in the close up of the badge is a replica?

Wow major downgrade for the dynamo. IMO the worst jersey they've had in their history, following what I would say was the best.

I'm sure someone will post a pic here soon, but it's orange with white Adidas stripes and then like big white areas on the sleeves that have the us flag and MLS jersey on them.

Its Jersey Week!!!! Here's the schedule for all the teams. Redbull, Dynamo, and Rapids today. Looks like they're mostly private events which I'm guessing means night time unveilings.

2013 JERSEY WEEK SCHEDULE

Monday, Feb. 25

New York Red Bulls (Primary Kit) @ Pier 59 Studios [PRIVATE EVENT]

Colorado Rapids (Primary & Secondary Kits) @ Lodo's + Jersey Caravan [PUBLIC EVENT]

Houston Dynamo (Primary & Secondary Kits) @ House of Blues [PRIVATE EVENT]

Tuesday, Feb. 26

Chivas USA (Secondary Kit) @ Home Depot Center [PRIVATE EVENT]

Philadelphia Union (Third Kit) @ Xfinity Live [PUBLIC EVENT]

Sporting Kansas City (Primary Kits) @ The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art [PRIVATE EVENT]

Toronto FC (Primary Kit) @ The Berkeley Church [PRIVATE EVENT]

Wednesday, Feb. 27

LA Galaxy (Secondary Kit) @ The Grammy Museum [PUBLIC EVENT]

Montreal Impact (Third Kit) @ New City Gas [PRIVATE EVENT]

Seattle Sounders (Primary & Secondary Kits) @ Cinerama [PRIVATE EVENT]

Vancouver Whitecaps FC (Primary Kit) @ Rocky Mountaineer Train Station [PRIVATE EVENT]

Thursday, Feb. 28

Portland Timbers (Primary & Secondary Kits) @ Last Thursday on Alberta Street [PUBLIC EVENT]

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Thanks, TFOA.

Looks like the big parts on the sleeves might be light blue, not white? Light blue would make them a little better... Either way looks a lot less special and tailored for them than that awesome pattern on the previous kits.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Here's a video of John Moncke, Sporting KC's VP of Brand Revenue talking a little bit about the new jerseys:

http://www.kctv5.com/video?clipId=8474288&autostart=true

Nothing too revealing, but it got my interest. The Kansas/Missouri state line motif will return, but with a bolder look. And the Adidas stripes will be completely different than any other Adidas jersey.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Archived