Digby

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that I just wont get use to and like about all these.... I HATE that they can't have their own individual number style.

But I know, it's soccer, and they have their own thing going on.

Anyway, my favorite kit has to be Seattle's. The colors, they style, and even the Xbox sponsor. And speaking of sponsors...

ccdb202106d1667c4bf45338b00a9d23.jpg

is there anyone who agrees with me that Bimbo should have kept THAT logo instead of the one they have now?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

is there anyone who agrees with me that Bimbo should have kept THAT logo instead of the one they have now?

Agreed 100%

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

It seems like there is too much going on with Portland. It's like when you discovered filters on Photoshop fo the first time and go crazy messing around with your photos. Used judiciously they can really add appeal but when you start trying to just pack them all together, it doesn't go well.

It's like the jersey ad is trying to show how many little features they packed into the design...

"Hey! You want patterned piping???!?! We got it! Huge Jock Tag with a shade of green found nowhere else in the jersey? No problem! Neck taping on the inside AND text on the back of the neck? Why the F not?!?! If you buy now, we'll add a goofy looking dark staine V-neck free of charge!!!! And of course, all Portland jerseys come with stupid looking adidas stripes as a standard!"

I really think Portland went way overboard and ruined their really nice old design.

Please tell me Seattle got rid of the neon third kit.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'd like the Colorado kit, but contrast stitching is tacky.

Here's the latest pic from Sporting. Checker pattern?

5of1mv.jpg

Looks like it says there's a two-tone stripe over the heart to represent the state line. Shield on the front with the Sporting Club something on the back of the neck. Guess the tri-stripes are going to be checkered. Not sure how that'll look. Can anybody make a mock-up?

Why was there checkers patterns on this?

5of1mv.jpg

Looks like it says there's a two-tone stripe over the heart to represent the state line. Shield on the front with the Sporting Club something on the back of the neck. Guess the tri-stripes are going to be checkered. Not sure how that'll look. Can anybody make a mock-up?

The scarves that some of the supporter's groups wear have checkers on them.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Inside of collar...

skc_primary%28FORMATTED%29.jpg

Inside of collar...

I think he was asking more of why they decided to add the checker pattern to the jerseys. But good looking out anyways.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

The bright blue one? It's still for sale in the shop, and I'd imagine they still plan to use it against Portland, for one -- the bright green and the dark grey both kinda clash with the Timbers dark green. So keep your sunglasses handy if you plan on watching any Sounders matches.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Inside of collar...

I think he was asking more of why they decided to add the checker pattern to the jerseys. But good looking out anyways.

Gotcha. Figured it was an easy to miss aspect of their new kit. Nod to the supporters as you state.

P.S. - at least you have good taste in soccer clubs to support :P

Inside of collar...

OK!

No was asking why checkered patterns on the annoucement pic that was posted before. Now, its obvious.

The bright blue one? It's still for sale in the shop, and I'd imagine they still plan to use it against Portland, for one -- the bright green and the dark grey both kinda clash with the Timbers dark green. So keep your sunglasses handy if you plan on watching any Sounders matches.

radioactive-man-goggles.jpg

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Portland could always wear red instead of green. I think they did that for one game vs Seattle. The neon green kit is usually reserved for CONCACAF or Open Cup matches.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Seattles are definitely my favs so far. Houston is classy, so is Vancouver (that Brown & Powder blue kit is probably one of my favorite MLS alts of all time), and the new Colorado alternate kit i very much like. KC's is ok, the new chivas alt is pretty good but bland, I absolutely hate Portlands, they should have kept last years until they actually thought of something better. I'd personally just do hoops on Portland, hardly any MLS teams have hoops, and I think portland could rock it. Personally, I think Vancouver and Seattle have the best kits in the MLS with Colorado.

spacer.png

I absolutely hate Portlands, they should have kept last years until they actually thought of something better. I'd personally just do hoops on Portland, hardly any MLS teams have hoops, and I think portland could rock it.

Addias's contract with MLS requires new jerseys every two years. So they had to get new kits, they should have just designed something better.

Portlands owner doesnt like hoops so no hoops in the near future.

Archived