Digby

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah, I forgot they did kelly green for the Portland third kit, which I think will be back this year.

11107240-essay.jpg

Meanwhile, here's another jersey that could use bespoke colors -- Colorado Rapids third would look a lot better with yellow numbers instead of white here, it's the only spot of white on the whole kit.

522762_10151482281668887_640287530_n.jpg

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

It's a fan/ cheap alternative to buying actual team gear. MLS authorized these when adidas wasn't the sole kit provider.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

ooh dat fancy

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Oh yeah, I forgot they did kelly green for the Portland third kit, which I think will be back this year.

11107240-essay.jpg

Meanwhile, here's another jersey that could use bespoke colors -- Colorado Rapids third would look a lot better with yellow numbers instead of white here, it's the only spot of white on the whole kit.

522762_10151482281668887_640287530_n.jpg

And this is why I hate sublimated patterns in uniforms. Despite knowing it's there and actively looking for it, the state flag pattern in Colorado's jersey are still pretty much invisible.

SKC third leak

mGmlyVH.jpg

I really like this. Was thinking of getting a long sleeved version of the primary, but may go with this instead.

The primary should have used that same design with light blue replacing navy.

It looks black to me

And this is why I hate sublimated patterns in uniforms. Despite knowing it's there and actively looking for it, the state flag pattern in Colorado's jersey are still pretty much invisible.

Its just there to make fans by the authentic jersey instead of saving money and buying the replica.

Looking at those pictures, I think the sweat from the players is what makes it hard to see the sublimated pattern on the jersey. It looked pretty clear in the unveiling pictures when the players were just standing around. I'm still not a big fan of those jersey, I think they would be a lot better if the flag design on the front was in color.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Looking at those pictures, I think the sweat from the players is what makes it hard to see the sublimated pattern on the jersey. It looked pretty clear in the unveiling pictures when the players were just standing around. I'm still not a big fan of those jersey, I think they would be a lot better if the flag design on the front was in color.

Agreed... wonder if they kept it tonal just in case they finally get a shirt sponsor mid-season.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Maybe so. My problem with sublimated patterns is that they're either almost invisible and therefore pointless, or they're too noticeable and look tacky. Just seems better to never put it there in the first place.

Maybe so. My problem with sublimated patterns is that they're either almost invisible and therefore pointless, or they're too noticeable and look tacky. Just seems better to never put it there in the first place.

I know what you mean. Montreal's primary has a great sublimated cross made up of fleur-de-lys, but I always forget its there because you can never see it. In the end their kits just look plain and boring.

The Sporting 3rd also looks good in that photo because you can't see the stupid adidas stripes. It does look pretty classy, I like how the Ivy Funds is just a font and doesn't have a logo to compete with the SKC logo like on the home kit. Never bought two SKC/Wiz kits in one year but I might just have to this season. Afters years of boring snoozers I like what they have done this season although I wish they would use the homes exclusively with the indigo shorts, I think they look a 1000% better...the light shorts is way too much Sporting Blue for my taste.

Archived