Digby

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only time Seattle needs to switch from their home kit is when they're at Portland. The third kit is entirely superfluous within MLS play and there was no real reason for them to wear it for league games other than merchandising. In fact, when it was introduced, they said there were no plans to wear it for league play.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

PTFC 2013 kits:

TIM130_zpse86c1c43.jpg

That away looks VERY Ajax-esque.

Downgrade...From Arsenal to Ajax on the 2nd. I also see Adidas is moving from bra straps to suspender straps? Greeeeat...And while I'm being critical, the Timbers need to take a page out of RSL's book and put their alternate crest on the shirt.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Definite downgrade.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I wonder if they went away from the Arsenal red jersey look because of Colorado's partnership with Arsenal. This may be especially true since they actually introduced a shirt like Arsenal. The Ajax look is ok, but those stripes on the side of the green look awful.

Definitely a downgrade for Portland. I don't mind the Ajax-looking clash since, well, it's just a clash and it looks fine. Not a fan of the home shirt at all though. The white stripe going down the side of the shirt really takes away from the white sleeves on green shirt being the main feature.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I wonder if they went away from the Arsenal red jersey look because of Colorado's partnership with Arsenal. This may be especially true since they actually introduced a shirt like Arsenal. The Ajax look is ok, but those stripes on the side of the green look awful.

Yet Colorado has adopted the claret and sky blue of Aston Villa, West Ham, and Burnley. And Real Salt Lake, who have a partnership with Real Madrid, happen to wear the colors of Barça.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

PTFC 2013 kits:

TIM130_zpse86c1c43.jpg

That away looks VERY Ajax-esque.

Oof. That is several steps backward. Both templates are nothing special, they should have gone to the darker red for the change kit, and they've dropped the Rose Ball from the change kits, too. Nothing to like here at all.

And I'm assuming MLS will be using the same awful name and numeral font for the upcoming season.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Blech, and the contract with Adidas isn't up until 2018.

I can't believe that's the case, since the affiliation with Arsenal predates those Timbers shirts by several years.

No, this seems to me to be the inevitable downside of built-in expiration dates: change for its own sake brings an occassional massive downgrade

Yeah, those Portland kits would be miles better simply without the white stripe. Hoping they will look better in real photos instead of that unflattering pic, because right now... no thanks. I like the "You cannot stop us, we are the Rose City" detail inside the red collar, at least?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived