Digby

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently the unpopular opinion: That TFC shirt looks like ass.

Mark it on your calendar: you and I actually share an unpopular opinion. That pattern is excessive and gaudy. Clown suits for a circus of an organization.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Mark it on your calendar: you and I actually share an unpopular opinion. That pattern is excessive and gaudy. Clown suits for a circus of an organization.

I'm sure it's well known that I love TFC...but I agree with you guys. Just an ugly look.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I'm sure it's well known that I love TFC...but I agree with you guys. Just an ugly look.

I'm with you guys. The TFC shirt blows chunks. I can't see enough of the Vancouver shirt to make a call either way.

galaxy.png

SKC's leak from the draft, including a sponsor

DL%20Option%201.jpg

Just an FYI, on their twitter SKC has said that this is a prototype. On the final version the Ivy Funds wordmark will be about an inch lower and won't crowd the SKC logo so much.

As far as sponsors go, I like it. It's clean and doesn't distract.

DL%20Option%201.jpg

Just an FYI, on their twitter SKC has said that this is a prototype. On the final version the Ivy Funds wordmark will be about an inch lower and won't crowd the SKC logo so much.

As far as sponsors go, I like it. It's clean and doesn't distract.

Will it just be the sponsors' wordmark on the front? Or the sponsors' wordmark and their logo?

If it's the first option, then that's great!

However, if it's the second option, then dear god, that's terrible!

Hmm, did they just rotate the stripes on the Vancouver jersey from horizontal to diagonal?

Yes, the Whitecaps have moved from horizontal striping on their jerseys to diagonal striping. Maybe as part of their next kit update they'll move to vertical striping. Then, two seasons after that, they can shift their jersey striping to running diagonally from the other shoulder. Finally, two seasons after that, they can return to horizontal stripes... and begin the cycle all over again.

;)

Count me as one who doesn't mind SKC's shirt sponsor. I think it looks good.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Sporting's new home and away jerseys will be unveiled on Feb. 27th. The dark blue with the sponsor is the same one we've had the past 2 years.

Three years with the same jersey? Bizarre by MLS/Adidas standards... not to mention that it's one of the jerseys most in need of a refresh IMO!

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

DL%20Option%201.jpg

I have no opinion on the jersey, but I'm loving the simplified crest on the guy's blazer.

That's our CEO Robb Heineman. The crest on his blazer is the logo of the team's ownership group/membership organization(I guess that's the best way to put it), Sporting Club. A lot of Sporting fans prefer it. Also, there is a lot of merch at the stadium with that logo.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

Archived