Digby

Adidas has been slowly improving the kit designs with the MLS and I think LA Galaxy had a new change this year if i am not mistaken. Hopefully its as good as the Sounders new kit that is a stroke of beauty

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I am the only person who doesnt like Seattle's kit.

Ha maybe! I think the reason it's getting a lot f praise and the reason I like it is because Seattle already has a busy badge and color scheme, not to mention Adidas tends to add unnecessary piping and color areas everywhere, and with this kit they stripped it down to a black jersey, and three stripes. And they only added a graphic stripe which works for a team like Seattle. Nothing more nothing less. No silver superhero bands no wavy lines on the side, no uneven as symmetrical sleeve cuffs. Just plain and simple and I love it!

Less is more! Nike and umbro have done a pretty good job of keeping it simple without overtemplating while still leaving room for unique designs.

It is certainly less busy but I am not a fan of sash's or stripes like that.

I just saw that and came straight to this board to spread the news. While it may be possible for a new sponsor to step in before the season starts, it looks likely that the Dynamo will go sponsorless on their uniform for a bit. I am sure someone will pick them up as their tv presence has increased in Houston.

It's disappointing. I like kit sponsors that stick around, it's good for consistency.

I'm curious, does anyone have any theory as to why the Canadian teams can attract first rate sponsors (BMO and Bell) while few American teams can? I guess there's more exposure for MLS teams in Canada where there are fewer pro teams overall? Anyways, the big name sponsors are good because they are less likely to end their deals after a couple years, IMO.

Actually I believe they just signed a deal with csn which if you haven't heard had upset a lot of rockets fans because it's not available to everyone. Mos of Houston doesn't get it iimn. I don't know the specifics of the deal but for some reason it's not a good thing.

Houston has a lot of cool companies that would look cool on a shirt IMO. I really didn't like the old one it was way too bid. Covered a lot of area.

In the meantime I would expect them to go the "dynamo" route the way they had it previously.

I just saw that and came straight to this board to spread the news. While it may be possible for a new sponsor to step in before the season starts, it looks likely that the Dynamo will go sponsorless on their uniform for a bit. I am sure someone will pick them up as their tv presence has increased in Houston.

EDIT: I'm lying I forgot it was green star and not amigo anymore. Green star looked fine.

the problem with the 2 Dynamo sponsors were that they were 2 "no name" regional companies. I never heard of Amigo and they are nowhere to be seen today. I think they got money as part of decentralizing energy provider contracts and got lots of money and kicked it into marketing. Greenstar had a small name and it looks like it paid off with them probably getting bought by Waste Management. the new stadium should bring in a bigger sponsor.

I'd be tempted on getting a new jersey now without the new sponsor.

But the thing is, I think with the MLS, aside from the galaxyan maybe rbny, no one really gets a lot of national attention. and Houston being a big market I would expect another local company. Maybe like gallery furniture or something.

Honestly I don't know too much about sponsorships and the league is growing so you could be totally right.

I'm in Houston and I had never heard of amigo or green star to tell you the truth but being in the title game consistently should get you a consistent sponsor regionally or nationally either way it should be someone stable and a strong name esp for the first soccer specific stadium in a downtown! Which it is a beautiful stadium with great site lines everywhere.

It's disappointing. I like kit sponsors that stick around, it's good for consistency.

I'm curious, does anyone have any theory as to why the Canadian teams can attract first rate sponsors (BMO and Bell) while few American teams can? I guess there's more exposure for MLS teams in Canada where there are fewer pro teams overall? Anyways, the big name sponsors are good because they are less likely to end their deals after a couple years, IMO.

Canadian teams have nothing to compete against (market wise) during the summer for the most part. They compete against the CFL which is a one day a week thing. FC Dallas has to compete against the Cowboys, Rangers, HS Football, College Football, amongst other things in the summer.

Canadian teams have nothing to compete against (market wise) during the summer for the most part. They compete against the CFL which is a one day a week thing. FC Dallas has to compete against the Cowboys, Rangers, HS Football, College Football, amongst other things in the summer.

Don't forget the Jays. Direct competition.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I get this feeling that's not going to look as bad on the pitch as it does lying like that... I'll reserve judgement until I see it on the pitch.

Agree. At least it keeps up w/ the uniqueness of their chevron laden inaugural uni's.

Hard to judge with it laying down. Once it's worn and we see it on a person, I personally believe it will looks really good.

My only concern after looking at it is, it looks legit, but look at the flag in the bottom left corner. (Bottom right looking on your screen) It looks shopped really badly. Unless it just perfectly folded that way..

All and all, my hated rivals to the South will look good this year, and most likely play good.

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

Hard to judge with it laying down. Once it's worn and we see it on a person, I personally believe it will looks really good.

My only concern after looking at it is, it looks legit, but look at the flag in the bottom left corner. (Bottom right looking on your screen) It looks shopped really badly. Unless it just perfectly folded that way..

All and all, my hated rivals to the South will look good this year, and most likely play good.

Could be a shop but @Kitnerd is usually pretty reliable. Agree w/ re: to the Flag. It is suspect and the word underneath is confusing. Could be my eyesight but looks like "Formation"???? or else it is "adimotion"??? no idea.

Could be a shop but @Kitnerd is usually pretty reliable. Agree w/ re: to the Flag. It is suspect and the word underneath is confusing. Could be my eyesight but looks like "Formation"???? or else it is "adimotion"??? no idea.

The reason the Portland flag looks "poorly photoshopped" or "folded" is that the flag is shaped as the state of Oregon.

Archived