Digby

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yikes. Portland went from having the best kits in the league, to potentially the worst IMO.

We have seen kits in the past that did not have major changes, no idea why Portland went with a overhaul. I know the Adidas contract subjects kit changes every two years, but it does not have to be this drastic.

I really like the idea behind Jersey Week. Can't believe nothing like this has been done before in the majors (to my knowledge.) Would be shocked if the 4 other leagues aren't doing something like this in 5 years.

I disagree. Adidas MLS kits already have the feeling of farming out one template to all the teams. This makes the lack of individualism even more stark. MLS is at the point where the league can loosen the reins and let the clubs go free a little more; instead, it seems they're tightening up.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

A third Montreal Impact jersey to be released on feb 27th but if you go back a couple pages, you'll see it, or at least, you'll see what I believe it to be.

Timbers owner Merritt Paulson just leaked the back of the new PTFC kits on Twitter. (Nice of him!) I like the detail on the back of the home, not sure why the away has pinkish Adidas stripes...

TCgVzmS.jpg

zzwddTw.jpg

Is it a sun on the back?

What's the name of the team again? Portand Timbers?

Whats the link between a sun and a timber?

The Timbers and their supporters have long used the "rising sun" motif. Not exactly sure of the origins but there's precedent. It was on the previous home kit's jock tag too.

OK then it makes sense. Thanks.

It's a very nice detail, I was just wondering the reason.

Apparently the official launch of all the new MLS kits won't be until February, but there have been a few leaks so far.

Montreal Impact third:

A9xYp2kCYAAMGNP.jpg

I have yet to see anyone mention this, but this jersey is actually based on the jerseys the Impact apparently wore in the USL a long time ago, at least that's what Impact fans from the USL days were hoping for when the logo was unveiled before the jerseys were. That striping has been featured in the crest since day one.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The Timbers and their supporters have long used the "rising sun" motif. Not exactly sure of the origins but there's precedent. It was on the previous home kit's jock tag too.

fast forward to 3:05

Timber Jim's (the guy who signals what songs to sing during the game) daughter passed away in a car accident. This song was her favorite, so the Timber Army sings this song every game in her memory. That's where the whole sun thing came from

Apparently the official launch of all the new MLS kits won't be until February, but there have been a few leaks so far.

Montreal Impact third:

A9xYp2kCYAAMGNP.jpg

I have yet to see anyone mention this, but this jersey is actually based on the jerseys the Impact apparently wore in the USL a long time ago, at least that's what Impact fans from the USL days were hoping for when the logo was unveiled before the jerseys were. That striping has been featured in the crest since day one.

8465373721_d03b82d220_c.jpg

impact079.jpg

fast forward to 3:05

Timber Jim's (the guy who signals what songs to sing during the game) daughter passed away in a car accident. This song was her favorite, so the Timber Army sings this song every game in her memory. That's where the whole sun thing came from

Thanks for all info. I think its a very nice graphic to add to the jersey. Hats off. (It helps when you're aware of the story ;-)

Archived