Bringin' the Buzz Back to Charlotte [NEW unis + court]

Conrad.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

I don't really think the carolina blue pinstripes work well on the home uniforms. I would rather try gray pinstripes here. The away unis are cool though. I would love to see a teal uniform, too.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Let me first say that this concept is incredible. Great work!

Anyway, do we know for sure that the dark purple will be the primary color for their road unis, since it is the first color shown in the leak (that none of us saw!)? I really hope they use their purple as their alternate, and teal as the primary - just like how it originally was. If it ain't broke - don't fix it!

With that being said, I'd love to see a teal one - although I think the teal in your last concept was more accurate to the one that we (ahem) didn't see leaked.

Also, a court with this color scheme would be great to see. The honeycomb pattern would be tricky to incorporate conservatively.

They have never had a primarily purple road uniform...

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but the reply above yours says "...purple as their alternate...just like how it originally was." Not road uniform.

I love the concept, Conrad! I'm hoping for something very similar!

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

They have never had a primarily purple road uniform...

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but the reply above yours says "...purple as their alternate...just like how it originally was." Not road uniform.

I love the concept, Conrad! I'm hoping for something very similar!

Caught me. Whoops! Guess I should double check before I attempt to sound like I know something.

That said, couldn't agree more! This concept is fantastic. Love that you returned the honeycomb pattern to Hugo's soles.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Nailed it Conrad! no pinstripes on Buzz City?? Actually works cause the side hexagonals.didnt want it too busy. Also love how you have the multicolored pinstripes on the new home and road. Dark purple looks nice.

Court you nailed 100%. Combination of the crown C, buzz city logo and white font to compliment the Hornets script on the baselines. Main logo center court is the cherry on top.

shado_logo.gif

I like these.

But I've heard that the away Unis are most likely gonna be Teal as the Main color instead of purple.
I also don't think they'll be able to have an alternate jersey yet, I think a team has to wait after it's first year to get them.

But I was wondering if you could make the Away jersey say "Charlotte" but be TEAL.

And make the alternate jersey say "Charlotte" and be PURPLE.

Also I'm not really feeling the hexagons on the sides of the jersey, they make them kind of tacky.

Honestly these jerseys that you've posted before....

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h296/THEc0nr4d/CHA-2013-home-uni-2.png

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h296/THEc0nr4d/CHA-2013-away-uni-2_zps884f7a7d.png

...are exactly the look that they should be going for.

But you should try that look minus the wordmark since they have a new one, and a new logo.

But that design was a modern-day classic that've you made it was simple yet gorgeous.

As for the Alternate as I said up there, it should just be another "Charlotte" in PURPLE, the whole nickname thing would be cool but I think that kind've jersey would be a gimmick kind of thing like with the NBA using short sleeve jerseys, I could see a silver version with BUZZ CITY across the chest.

Honestly, imo, although your work is always on point, I feel like this is lacking something. The jersey design is too traditional and the modern aspects of the whole Charlotte package don't fit well. I suggest maybe something more out-of-the-box? The third/alternative is like a good example of what of something I can see them doing maybe with pinstripes. I dunno. Most of the teams coming out with new unis, excluding Utah, lack old school uniform trends. It's not bad; it's just the side panels along with the word mark being so thin takes away from your design.

Something like BigDub81's design?....http://bringbackthebuzz.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/hornets-purple1.jpg

The court design, though, is great. A+ design....although the little swirl they had on their old school court wouldn't hurt...http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww11/67turkey142/Vector%20courts/Charlotte1998.png

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived