NWSL Team Logos and Kits

Brian in Boston

Excellent. Thanks for the answers guys.

I have to admit I am very interested in this league but haven't done my homework. Good on them for keeping costs down though, they need to do so in order to be financially viable (forget profit).

I heard that Toronto and Vancouver want in, that would be so great....as long as Toronto signs Christine Sinclair from Portland :)

They can keep the costs down all they want, but even with support from national teams, the salaries are still low for a five month season. Most teams are asking for families to "host" players with a private bedroom and bathroom like it was a junior hockey league of a summer baseball league.

Kansas City is paying that school district about $3,000/game for facility use. Who knows how much the average is spent (or in-kind) on coaching staffs, office space or practice fields/training facilities and those other costs.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard that Toronto and Vancouver want in, that would be so great....as long as Toronto signs Christine Sinclair from Portland :)

Somebody asked either Paul Bierne or Kevin Payne at Toronto FC and their answer was pretty much 'let us get our men's team in order first'. It's a bit of a wait and see approach, but I can't see MLSE letting this opportunity slip away. I'm surprised Vancouver isn't participating in the inaugural season though, they've always had a women's club.

Very true about Vancouver, and they just left the W-League this year too.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• 7 months later...

Archived