1980s NFL Captain Patches

illwauk

Because the fans wanted them to ditch it.

Of course, the fans thought that meant adopting the throwbacks full time. But since navy blue is Spanos's only substantive contribution to the team's legacy, it wasn't going anywhere. So asking for a change, the fans got this mishmash of throwback and modern, not entirely either and not very successful in the effort.

Because the fans wanted them to ditch it.

Of course, the fans thought that meant adopting the throwbacks full time. But since navy blue is Spanos's only substantive contribution to the team's legacy, it wasn't going anywhere. So asking for a change, the fans got this mishmash of throwback and modern, not entirely either and not very successful in the effort.

I love the current helmet. What I would have done with the rest of the uniform is take the 1985 set and add in the collegiate blue accents. Then the collegiate blue jersey alts would be nearly identical to the throwbacks or it would also leave the door open for the alts to just be the throwbacks because the template would have been the same. But instead we get this mess where the bolts don't look right except on the helmet. I especially can't stand the bolts on the pants, they look like a bad tribal tattoo or something.

I don't think the new unis are quite that bad, but they do represent a huge missed opportunity. Just take the throwbacks, and replace the black accents with navy blue ones... problem solved.

So asking for a change, the fans got this mishmash of throwback and modern, not entirely either and not very successful in the effort.

I agree. The navy jerseys work with the navy helmets. The white helmets work with the powder blue jerseys. Today's white helmets with the navy jerseys are a very bland look and in my opinion, the worst uniform in the NFL.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I agree. The navy jerseys work with the navy helmets. The white helmets work with the powder blue jerseys. Today's white helmets with the navy jerseys are a very bland look and in my opinion, the worst uniform in the NFL.

I agree. The thing that really kills the powder blue jersey for me is the white collar.

Archived