What 5 team rebrands would you like for Christmas?

VancouverFan69

89751210_display_image.jpg?133606671481346002.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548942C4A6BF941AF2655578FF9200C7A009A0E580C5DA01136

Los Angeles Rams or now St. Louis Rams look was brilliant. Look how it clashes with the Buffalo Bills look?

353754_display_image.jpg?1295899352RayfieldWright_display_image.jpg?1329342331

Does anyone remember when the cyan pants and the royal blue jerseys matched the white jerseys of current?

2015318_display_image.jpg?1288110165boo101302.jpg

Redskins look good like this. Just rid the grey facemask and make the facemask color burgundy (or should I say wine) instead.

11675440-large.jpgSipe_Brian5_Browns.JPG

The Browns were better with matching helmet and pants color. The sleeve stripes on the uniforms work out to help make this uniform a clean look. The white facemask also makes this uniform look super duper.

pittsburgh-steelers-uniform.jpgAmani_Toomer.jpg

I do not like the Steelers. But I would love to see a white version of this uniform with black northwestern stripes and yellow sleeves. I like the white pants and yellow helmet look. It's much better than their black helmets that is a cluster:censored: of three black jerseys in the AFC North.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... for approxamately 2 out of every 3 posters, "rebrand" means "go back to my favorite older look"?

I'm a return-to-an-old-look guy... one of the biggest. But please... stop calling it a rebrand!

How can someone rebrand something without returning or making a new look?

I mean, think about it. If I was to rebrand the Steelers, I would have them in athletic gold helmets instead of black. If I was to rebrand Dallas, I would remake the blue uniforms to match the white ones so instead of navy it would be royal blue.

Same with the Bills. They rebrand by changing the logo and uniforms in 2011.

So... for approxamately 2 out of every 3 posters, "rebrand" means "go back to my favorite older look"?

I'm a return-to-an-old-look guy... one of the biggest. But please... stop calling it a rebrand!

I mean, think about it. If I was to rebrand the Steelers, I would have them in athletic gold helmets instead of black. If I was to rebrand Dallas, I would remake the blue uniforms to match the white ones so instead of navy it would be royal blue.

And I would say that neither of those changes are "rebrands"... you're just redesigning the uniform. Not every change of uniform is a rebrand. Rebrand means the team has a whole new look... uniforms, colors, logos, new marketing scheme, a new direction as a visual entity. From a corporate standpoint THAT'S a rebrand. Out with the old, in with the new, and distance yourself from whatever it is that's causing you to rebrand.

In my mind, the NFL has seen only one true rebrand in the past few decades... Tampa Bay. Maybe Denver, maybe Seattle, if you stretch the definition slightly.

#1 My Alma Matter Central Michigan to take a more traditional look

#2 My other Alma Matter Romeo High School back to its '80s/'90s look

#3 Ottawa Senators - I'm fine with the logo, but they need a new template and the homes need to be black with red, not vice versa

#4 Minnesota Wild - Just Edge-afy the original set

#4 Calgary - Edge-afy the set they wore just before the change over.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

My List:

1: Louisville Cardinals basketball: They need to return to the 80's look with the modernized dunking cardinal on the pants.

2: Tampa Bay Rays: I really like most of the colors, but they need to use more of the light blue and yellow and stick to the sun ray for their identity

3: San Diego Chargers: Unlike many, I would actually drop the light blue and return to the style that actually got them to a Super Bowl and Tomlinson's record breaking season.

4: Georgia Tech: They need to get rid of that abomination and return to a more classic look of the Calvin Johnson era.

5: Arizona Cardinals: They desperately need to return to the Pat Tillman look, because now they almost look like the poor man's Falcons.

Unlike some, I think the Canucks look perfect and the Johnny Canuck looks busy. Also, I agree with Lights about changing the consistency with the Cowboys especially the gray.

Here's are some pics that I wish some teams would have:

Louisville Basketball

9275934-standard.jpg

Tampa Bay Rays

$(KGrHqZ,!iwE8MqY1R5OBPEC9th+cw~~60_35.JPG

San Diego Chargers

LaDainian%20Tomlinson.jpg

Georgia Tech

72798865_display_image.jpg?1311638864

>

157291453_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

Arizona Cardinals

pat-tillman-070109-lg-12222778.jpg

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

A little homerish but these are MY christmas wishes :P

#1 Minnesota Vikings... The look does not fit this team name. There is a great opportunity to go modern-classic and with the colors being a deep purple, steel grey, black and gold. The norseman logo does is in desperate need of updating. With a new stadium on the horizon and the amazing year of Adrian the timing is right to rebrand. Although the rumors of this already happening have piqued my interest!

#2 Minnesota Twins... Why did they retain the metrodump look? Trash it and go classic. The ball park is amazing yet we still hang onto faint reminders of the yesteryear. I would be in favor of dumping the straight blue/red/white and going with a navy/green/maroon/cream. The Twins could use a reinvention and they could come up with a more unique way of interlocking a T and C.

#3 Minnesota Timberwolves... Why did they become the step child of the Dallas Mavericks? Bring back the green... go with the howling wolf alternate or employ an Arizona Cardinals-like update to the classic look.

#4 Milwaukee Bucks... I would LOVE to see them with a logo in a similar vein to the South African Springboks. I think I speak for everyone with the need to bring back the Irish Rainbow!!! It also would be interesting to see them incorporate blaze orange as an accent color. Embrace the hunting aspect of your fan base and exploit it. I have seen a few concepts on these boards that have had similar ideas and they were intriguingly fantastic.

#5 Oklahoma City Thunder... I think it's time to establish an identity. Sky blue, brown, grey and an orange or yellow would make with an appropriate color palate to the name. Give us a logo that invokes something of relevance to associate their brand to. Weather, buffalo, old-west, oil industry... SOMETHING even if it has nothing to do with an actual Thunder storm. The streaking basketball, YMCA pick-up font is doing nothing for anyone, not even the fans in OKC. Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook are extremely marketable players, use a brand to get yourself even more sales and become a unique identity in a basketball hungry town. PLEASE!!!

Milwaukee Panthers

I must've made at least 100 posts about this. My alma mater doesn't even know what to call itself half the time, and our logo really hasn't aged well. It's time for a change... possibly one that involves a change of colors, nickname and even the school's name.

Colorado Rockies

The wrong '93 expansion team stuck with its original look. Sure, there've been tweaks here and there, but there's so much more they could do with that identity. Ideally, I'd love for them to drop black all together since they're the only Major League team that wears purple.

Milwaukee Brewers

The Miller jerseys have got to go, whether its bringing back 1982 en mass, a new look based on some of their old looks (preferably) or an entirely new direction altogether. Also, if any team in baseball should have a cream uniform, it's the one from Cream City.

Washington Redskins/Cleveland Indians

Nothing more needs to be said, so I'm gonna leave it right here.

#4 Milwaukee Bucks... I would LOVE to see them with a logo in a similar vein to the South African Springboks. I think I speak for everyone with the need to bring back the Irish Rainbow!!! It also would be interesting to see them incorporate blaze orange as an accent color. Embrace the hunting aspect of your fan base and exploit it. I have seen a few concepts on these boards that have had similar ideas and they were intriguingly fantastic.

YES on the Irish Rainbow, but people who hunt in Wisconsin generally hate things having to do with Milwaukee and the NBA.

What's the definition of a "rebrand"? New logos, new colors, complete change?

This right here really needs to be a thread unto itself. So many people misuse that word it's rudiculous.

Carolina Panthers - jank logo. dated uniforms. girly colors. time to grow up and become an NFL identity

I don't care for that half-strung-out-on-PCP-looking logo update, either. But the rest of that, though? Please explain (particularly the "girly colors" part).

1. San Diego Chargers - ditch the navy and make powder original pacific blue the primary color, and bring back the yellow pants.

Edit notwithstanding, I actually agree with this—especially the yellow pants part. The Chargers made this work in the '60s, and I believe they can do so in current day, as well. (Plus the idea of a white/white/yellow/white away uniform really intrigues me. It'd only work with white shoes, though.)

referring to the Panthers, its the blue. i think its a feminine color. and the white makes it worse (white jersey, white pants) and during october when everybody wears pink, forget about it

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

And I would say that neither of those changes are "rebrands"... you're just redesigning the uniform. Not every change of uniform is a rebrand. Rebrand means the team has a whole new look... uniforms, colors, logos, new marketing scheme, a new direction as a visual entity. From a corporate standpoint THAT'S a rebrand. Out with the old, in with the new, and distance yourself from whatever it is that's causing you to rebrand.

In my mind, the NFL has seen only one true rebrand in the past few decades... Tampa Bay. Maybe Denver, maybe Seattle, if you stretch the definition slightly.

you're a lot closer than SilverStar. but re-branding dosent have to be a 180 degree turn in what you were. the identity part is only a part of the strategy, rebranding is really about re positioning and redefining your values and brand promises. the Vikings rebranded with their new uniforms. they were a traditional team who had minor changes over their history to the identity and were positioned as a classic, timeless team. they got a superstar in AP and redesigned some things to make them a modern, younger looking team building on the future from that point in time on.

going back to an older look could be rebranding, i mean if you're changing the direction and focus of who you want to be and appeal to, then thats it. but just updating (or "down dating") a uniform dosent do it. Oregon changed their uniforms this year, but nothing about the brand changed. they still are who they are.

to make it simple for the sake of the thread, i'd just look at it like this: going back to an old uniform isnt a rebrand. like OSV said, if you blow everything up and start over with your identity, like the Bucs, then thats probably what the thread is intended to be for.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I could only come up with 4 total rebrands

1) Charlotte Bobcats - Always seemed like the opposing team in an Air-bud movie's identity. Really anything would be better

2) OKC Thunder - I don't hate the Thunder name per se, but a much stronger brand could be made with something else.

3)Florida Panthers - preferably a move to Canada would spur this on...but I just never liked it. I think they could come up with something more unique.

4) New York Islanders - I think as they move to Brooklyn they should adopt a new identity. Islanders name, look, and colors don't fit as well in Brooklyn. Plus getting new colors will help them standout from New York abundance of blue teams.

Now these aren't rebrands but for new re-imagining a current brand....or bringing back something from the past I have two that I care about.....

1) Philadelphia Eagles - Ditch Midnight teal, go back to kelly green, get a new number font, get an updated full bodied eagle logo, and introduce silver back in to the color scheme. There is no past uniform that they must go back to, a new design with those colors would be just fine.

2) Philadelphia Phillies - Go back to the Dark Burgundy, White, with a touch of Sky Blue color scheme. It is a great underused combo. As for uniform they don't need to recreate the old ones....I'd be fine with a new set in those colors.

I would start off with any team that has multiple uniforms and helmets in football, but to go along with the original post:

1. West Virginia University football

2. San Diego Padres/Tampa Rays

3. Miami Marlins

4. Seattle Seahawks

5. Philadelphia Eagles

Honorable Mention: Columbus Blue Jackets, St. Louis Blues and Nashville Predators. I chose these because I can put up with them, but they really need to tweak the uniforms to be good looking.

The thing is, I'm not saying they have to go back to one of their former looks that I like, but these are seriously some of the worst.

OK, here's my attempt at a list, though not necessarily in order:

1. Oklahoma City Thunder: I don't mind the uniforms (I actually quite like them), but generic Light Blue/Dark Blue (their primary colors) doesn't stand out in the NBA. Keep in mind that literally almost half of the teams wear some kind of blue, so dual blue really doesn't stand out--Red-Orange and Yellow do. Charcoal Gray would also stand out, being the main color people associate with storms. So, I'd definitely drop the navy, keep either light blue or yellow and drop the other, and then make charcoal gray the primary color. And, of course, the current logo has to go--it's far too abstract. Use something most people would visually associate thunder with, like storm clouds, lightning, or even herds of bison.

I'd even be OK with Black/Red-Orange/Yellow, as it would be kind of like a basketball version of the 1980s/early 1990s Vancouver Canucks.

2. San Diego Padres: Returning to Brown for their primary color would instantly cause them to stand out. I personally like their mid- to late-1980s Brown/Orange scheme, but they could go with one form of Brown/Orange/Yellow or Gold or another and I'd be fine with it, so long as it isn't the late 1970s/early 1980s uniforms. Perhaps go Brown/Orange/Gold and bring back the khaki roads. Another alternative is to go Brown/Light Blue with perhaps some Orange trim.

3. Dallas Stars: (Shameless plug alert) Apparently next season, the Stars are rebranding. I'd stay with Green/Black/Gold, either using the flat gold the current set has, or using yellow and slightly lightening up the green. I'd return to the star-patterned uniforms or some Edge-friendly version of it and use a "Dallas" (road) and "Stars" (home) script on it, with either a fauxback to the late Minnesota/early Dallas days, or use ColeJ's alternate concept (also a fauxback of sorts). Heck, you could base a set off of that alternate concept.

4. Anaheim Ducks: First of all, the Ducks' uniform designs aren't bad, but man, is their color scheme uninspired. This can be fixed with one change: replace black with a medium (not quite kelly, not quite forest, but somewhere inbetween) green. They'd be the only "Big 4" team to currently don green and orange in the same color scheme, and the gold (bronze, or whatever it's called) would compliment those colors well. They'd also need an actual logo--the shield-duck logo is a good place to (at the very least) start. A couple of other options could be to go with a Jade/Orange/Black or Eggplant/Black/(Gold and/or Orange) color scheme, or even revert to the Mighty Ducks primary colors, perhaps with some orange trim in there

5. Atlanta Hawks: Like the formerly Green/Yellow Sonics that became the mostly Light Blue/Navy Thunder, the Hawks ditched a Red/Yellow/Black color scheme for a more generic Navy/Red scheme--the only difference being that they didn't have to ditch their old colors. The Hawks can keep their current logos and uniforms, but they need to ditch their generic Navy and Red. I say return to the last set's colors if nothing else. They can, of course, go the way of the Toronto Blue Jays and Utah Jazz and go retro with the "Pacman" logo and set, or they can update/modernize it. The same can be done with the last set.

(Dis-)Honorable Mentions:

Colorado Rockies: While their identity isn't terrible, it's stale, generic, and either needs a major update or otherwise completely scrapped. I'd go with a cap logo that has a little character^ and emphasize purple. I also might drop black in favor of a dark, forest-like green, light blue,^ or maybe charcoal gray.

St. Louis Rams: Their uniforms match the drab and dull environment of the Edward Jones Dome. Whether they land a new stadium in St. Louis or head back to Los Angeles, they need to dump the gimmickly-named "new century gold" for their traditional athletic gold. Only an honorable mention because I wouldn't call changing one color a rebrand. I'm also OK with the uniform design, but the monochrome look the Rams have used this year has to stop--as if their set wasn't already drab enough.

Charlotte Bobcats: Every rebrand up to this point, they have taken a step back in one form or another.* If "sources" are to be trusted, they'll become the Hornets next year, and I can't think of a better way to stop that backward trend. In the (dis)honorable mention category because it looks like they're rebranding to the Hornets anyways.

*OK, design-wise, their last set wasn't bad, but they should've stuck with orange as their main color and have the denim blue be the alternate.

^Like some concepts on these boards.

EDIT: Swapped out the Bobcats for the Ducks.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

1. Oklahoma City Thunder: Your look is boring, the logo is something I could've made on Paint, and your new alternate is flat.

2. Sacramento Kings: Use these as your new home already and make a white road to match:http://www.nba.com/k...a/DMCOKC585.jpg

3. Anaheim Ducks: Bring back these:http://1.bp.blogspot.../ducks-home.jpg and this as your alt:http://content.sport...1/full/4732.gif

4. Minnesota Wild: Do I need to say more?

5. Colorado Avalanche: Another "Got it right the first time" team.

Honourable Mention: New York Knicks. Why? This should be there primary:http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/923/015/uqtgw9qh14n3fjdhvycpgbz79_display_image.gif?1304884230. The new one is just bad on the court.

On the bright side, everybody has brought life into this otherwise-moribund sub-forum.

1) Toronto Raptors. I hate their current look. Their uniforms do a nice job of representing the team though: boring and terrible. Bring back the purple, preferably the original set from the T-Mac years. If they're going to stick with the red/black color scheme, at least design new original uniforms for that brand. Not just a terrible recoloring of the previous set.

2) Jacksonville Jaguars. By far the worst uniforms in the NFL. I would bring back the previous set, but I'd be open to a completely new uniform design. Anything would top their current look. I suppose I'm going to get my way for this one, since apparently they're getting new duds next year. Oh and go back to just a black helmet.

3) Arizona Diamondbacks. Purple and teal.

4) DePaul athletics. Terrible logo(s), terrible wordmark. Time for a massive overhaul.

5) Anaheim Ducks. Terrible uniforms, logo, wordmark, and colors. Change everything.

90758391980.gif

Archived