NASL Virginia Team Name

raysox

Rebels. Something to play up the old military history of Northern VA and its linkage with generals like Washington and Lee. Maybe Rebellion?

Or perhaps Tide(s) or Breakers, depending on where exactly this team will be located.

Loudoun County is about 30 miles west of Washington, D.C. and it's currently the top ranked county in the U.S. based on medium household income.

I'd be happy if the club was named Loudoun County FC or FC Northern Virginia; however, I would be even more ecstatic if the club is named in honor of the farms and vineyards within the county.

Squires.

/thread

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Could use the nicknames from Washington teams past: Diplomats and Whips. They could also use names that were proposed if Northern Virginia had been awarded an MLB expansion team: Virginia Fury or Virginia Generals.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

• 2 weeks later...
The final 3 choices are.... Calvary, Dominions & Stallions

The final three choices in the NASL Virginia "Kick the Vote" team naming campaign are, in fact:

* Cavalry, not Calvary - The first denotes an army component either mounted on horseback, or - in modern warfare - moving in motor vehicles or helicopters. The latter is the hill outside of ancient Jerusalem on which Jesus was crucified, or a sculpted, outdoor depiction of said crucifixion.

* Dominion, not Dominions

* Virginia Stallions

Of the three, I'd prefer Virginia Dominion FC, or Virginia Dominion SC.

The final 3 choices are.... Calvary, Dominions & Stallions

The final three choices in the NASL Virginia "Kick the Vote" team naming campaign are, in fact:

* Cavalry, not Calvary - The first denotes an army component either mounted on horseback, or - in modern warfare - moving in motor vehicles or helicopters. The latter is the hill outside of ancient Jerusalem on which Jesus was crucified, or a sculpted, outdoor depiction of said crucifixion.

* Dominion, not Dominions

* Virginia Stallions

Of the three, I'd prefer Virginia Dominion FC, or Virginia Dominion SC.

I really need to check my spelling, my mistake :unsure:

baltimoreravens.png

Those three options are not at all good choices IMO, they have no real appeal to people who are either looking at flashy new out there images or the retro crowd.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Those three options are not at all good choices IMO, they have no real appeal to people who are either looking at flashy new out there images or the retro crowd.

I agree completely.

I would struggle to live with either Dominion moniker that Brian in Boston provided since it easily reminds of me Dominion Virginia Power and not "Old Dominion" or other dominion related references.

In addition, Cavalry invokes the University of Virginia Cavaliers.

That leaves the only logical, and regrettable, choice to name the club Stallions due to all the equestrian stables in and around Northern Virginia. However, there once was a club called the New Jersey Stallions.

Therefore, I think they need to go back to the drawing board on this.

I don't think an amateur squad with the same name disqualifies "Stallions".

Actually i think Mindless is correct, if this Club wants to forge it's own image and eventually hit the MLS it will need something that does not remind people of a two bit Ammo team.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Archived