Dogfights and Divas - Your Favorite Moments

pianoknight

This thread was inspired by some discussion about Kobe Bryant. Much was made of his post-draft demand to Charlotte; namely that he wanted to play in a prime-time big media market and essentially orchestrated his own trade to Los Angeles.

What are some of your favorite sports "diva" moments, or maybe a famous feud between players?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Some that come to mind:

• Eli and Archie telling San Diego to go to hell. It came off as spoiled and diva-like when it occurred, but years later it shows that Eli and Archie were right as rain.
  • Cutler demanding a trade out of Denver. It's taken nearly 3 years for people to stop being irrationally braindead about Cutler, and seeing how Josh McDaniels ran the Broncos into the ground in his brief tenure, who's to say that Jay wasn't ahead of the curve?
  • This moment: arod20slap.jpg
  • LeBron and the Trinity of Evil aligning in Miami. There's not much more that can be said that hasn't been already, but it was a total sideshow where two primadonna players opted out of integrity and loyalty in order to cop a few titles. Right or wrong, it's probably going to pay off handily.
  • Favre's inability to decide when his career was over, which contrarily made him the Tebow-Before-Tebow ESPN name-slut.
  • Manny Ramirez basically forever. He's a head case who requires an ungodly amount of "special attention" before he'll give a crap. "Manny Being Manny" is an unpleasant and head-scratching series of diaper changes that's marred his image and career since he was kindly asked to leave Boston.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

My LEAST favorites are all the summers ESPN dedicated to either the Favre or TO sagas.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Reggie vs. Spike Lee a.k.a. the choke-out. I'll never forget it.

Ewing vs. Mourning. The rivalry that existed between those two teams, at its height, is what I miss about the NBA. You knew when you looked on the schedule and saw Knicks/Heat it was finna be ON. Those weren't games; those were slugfests.

"Send in the National Guard, 'cuz we are KILLING the Patriots." -Shannon Sharpe

*SLAM!* "That's how I feel!"

[insert Kevin Borseth video here]

/just a few

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Ewing vs. Mourning. The rivalry that existed between those two teams, at its height, is what I miss about the NBA. You knew when you looked on the schedule and saw Knicks/Heat it was finna be ON. Those weren't games; those were slugfests.

When Thunder Dan was in Miami, I was a HUGE Heat fan. I loved the intensity of these games, even if the Heat generally lost. I still consider Alan Houston to be one of my least favorite NBA players of all time, probably because of a clutch three he nailed on an NBA on NBC Saturday game (cue that wonderful theme song).

Side note: I had a collection of jerseys of players from those Heat squads, all from their previous teams: Majerle (Suns), Hardaway (Warriors) and Mashburn (Mavs). I did have a Zo Heat jersey. I guess I was ahead of the throwback game.

I liked the Reggie Miller/Spike Lee feud. I enjoyed the ESPN 30 for 30 on it.

While it was a one-time thing, I liked the fight between Charles Barkley and Shaquille O'Neal:

It might not quite qualify as a feud, but I also remember when Jerome Bettis played against the Rams* and ran all over them. I'm no Steelers fan by any stretch of the imagination, but seeing highlights from that game was awesome.

*Was it the first time against his old team?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived