Indianapolis Colts

BrandMooreArt

This isnt quite a finished project and ill be adding more pieces over time, but i've been working on this for a while off and on and thought it was time to share. any feedback/crit is welcome.

Behance Link: http://www.behance.net/gallery/2013-Indianapolis-Colts-Re-Brand-Proposal/6301123

454950cb2c1bad07df319901637dee34.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Very nicely done. I love that you went all out with the marketing campaign in addition to the new identity. Your presentation is fantastic.

The only thing that bothers me is that the horseshoe logo shouldn't have the topmost nail holes.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

I love everything except the field. The Endzones are ok I guess, but I would ditch the white outline on the mid field logo. It's totally unnecessary, and I think a giant horseshoe would look better.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I love everything except the field. The Endzones are ok I guess, but I would ditch the white outline on the mid field logo. It's totally unnecessary, and I think a giant horseshoe would look better.

The endzones are one of my favorite parts of this. Everything is great. Job well done.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

This concept is awesome but I have two small issues:

1. The helmet stripe. There's so much emphasis on the double stripe, so why not finally change the helmet to match? It's not like the Colts have been in Indy that long. It would also tie the team's most identifiable uniform part with the rest of the campaign.

2. The all-blue socks. I know this is your concept but that kind of takes away from what is otherwise an extremely realistic and well-done piece.

The endzones are one of my favorite parts of this. Everything is great. Job well done.

i think the field design is where most are torn, and i understand that. i do have a more normal version with "INDIANAPOLIS" in both endzones and a horseshoe at midfield. im not against that look really, but i wanted something that was 1.) different from everyone else 2.) a consistant logo application. the problem with the horseshoe at midfield is it requires a white stroke (always wanting to keep the logo blue) to make it work. and that would be the only application of the logo where it was stroked. the circle i know is a bit off-putting at first, but its grown on me and you get that consistant clean horseshoe look and replace the cheesy helmet graphic.

This concept is awesome but I have two small issues:

1. The helmet stripe. There's so much emphasis on the double stripe, so why not finally change the helmet to match? It's not like the Colts have been in Indy that long. It would also tie the team's most identifiable uniform part with the rest of the campaign.

2. The all-blue socks. I know this is your concept but that kind of takes away from what is otherwise an extremely realistic and well-done piece.

1. you can have unity without everything being exactly the same; variety is just as important and thats what i see with the single stripe. and the double stripe puts the helmet design 1 step closer to the Jets. im not saying the double stripe would be wrong, but theres nothing about the single that makes me want to change it. and because theres so much emphasis on the double, i think thats a good reason to keep the single on the helmet rather than make every element the same.

2. i agree, almost all of my concepts include solid colored socks just because thats how i want things to be. the Lions have done it with their throwbacks, but if i'm working within standard NFL rules, they should be 2-tone socks. as much as i hate to do it, i think i will anyway just so it looks more like an NFL uniform.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The horseshoe logo seems too rigid. IMO its a down grade. My only real gripe design wise though is... you have 2 stripes on the jersey, pants, and socks, but one stripe on the helmet. Looks careless.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I love this. I'd say for your photo models use the newer Nike model. These guys look like their cloud watching. The other model looks like he's ready to get out of the tunnel. As for the end zones, I'd say keep Indianapolis in one and Colts in the other. I think your font is better than their current. And I loved that you included media pjotos as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived