5 sports venues you want to visit

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Lambeau Field- Because of the history and everything

2. Ben Hill Griffin Stadium (The Swamp)- Even on TV, the atmosphere there seems incredible. I also want to be able to do the Gator chomp somewhere other than my living room, where my siblings look at me like I have two heads :P

3. Dodger Stadium- I've been to the two oldest stadiums in the majors, it's now time to make it the three oldest

4. San Siro- Home ground of my beloved Rossoneri

5. TD Garden- I've been inside, but I want to go to a game there

Active venues:

The Palestra

Lambeau

Fenway

LA Coliseum

CenturyLink Field (for a Sounders match)

Defunct venues:

Polo Grounds

Memphis Pyramid Arena (no longer an arena since seats have been removed, becoming a Bass-Pro Shop)

Sportsman's Park/Busch Stadium I

Alamodome for a Spurs game with the giant curtain

Chicago Stadium

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

1. Ben Hill Griffith Stadium, Gainesville Florida- Huge Gators fan, never been to Florida, let alone to The Swamp

2. Budweiser Gardens, London Ontario- Largest arena in the OHL, passionate junior hockey fans and lots of them.

3. Old Trafford, Greater Manchester England- Second largest football stadium in England, and football fans can get crazy.

4. PNC Park, San Francisco California- Always wanted to go to a baseball stadium with a view.

5. Nationwide Arena, Columbus Ohio- Want to see the cannon go off in person.

PAST:

1. Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto Ontario- Still exists, but not the way it was. Would still like to see a game there now, though.

2. Canada Hockey Place, Vancouver BC- Obviously now GM Place, but I can't imagine what it was like when Crosby scored.

3. Barton St. Forum, Hamilton Ontario- Home of the Hamilton Red Wings when they were actually good. Apparently an amazing rink.

4. Wrigley Field, Chicago Illinois- For a Bears game.

5. Old Yankee Stadium, New York City, New York- Duh.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Being that I like teams nowhere near where I live, I've only ever been to one home game of my favorite teams (Ford Field). That said:

1. Joe Louis Arena...this would probably be #2 but with the new arena coming, I definitely want to go.

2. Angel Stadium..I've seen the Halos in Baltimore and Philly but never in Anaheim.

3. US Airways Arena...I've never been to an NBA game, but if figure if I'd go, it might as well be in Phoenix.

4. Comerica Park...I've been there, but just outside and in the team store. It looked like a gorgeous park.

5. Wrigley Field/Fenway...basically for history's sake.

Current venues

Been to Fenway, MSG, Old Yankee Stadium

1. Wrigley Field

2. Lambeau Field

3. Notre Dame Stadium

4. Cameron Indoor Stadium

5. AT&T Park

Past Venues

1. Ebbets Field

2. Polo Grounds

3. Montreal Forum

4. Boston Garden

5. Orange Bowl

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Present Venues:

1. Cowboys Stadium. Home of my favorite team and it's an engineering marvel.

2. Lambeau Field. I've always wanted to visit the NFL's version of Wrigley, Fenway and Yankee Stadium.

3. St. James' Park. I don't care what they renamed it, it's St. James' Park to me.

4. Fenway. I hate the Red Sox, but I love the historical significance of this stadium.

5. Wrigley. Same as Fenway minus the hatred of the Cubs. I don't hate them, I actually like them.

Past Venues:

1. Texas Stadium. This stadium is hallowed ground for Cowboy fans.

2. Old Yankee Stadium.

3. The Great Western Forum. I know the Forum still exists today, but I wish I was old enough to go to the Forum when Showtime played there and the Forum was THE place to be.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

There's not too many domestic stadiums that interest me that I haven't been to, but I was able to see Allianz Stadium in Munich (from the outside at least) and I might be fortunate enough to get to see and possibly tour Beijing Olympic Stadium this spring.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Listed 10 cause I couldn't narrow it down to 5

Celtic Park for an Old Firm game

Old Trafford for a Machester Derby

Bell Centre for a Habs playoff game

Rexall Place for an Oilers playoff game

Air Canada Centre for a Leafs playoff game

United Center

MSG for a Knicks or Rangers game

Fenway Park for a Red Sox/Yankees game

New Yankee stadium for a Red Sox/Yankees game

Dodger Stadium

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Currently Standing: Fenway Park, Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Augusta National, Royal St. Andrews, MSG, The LA Coliseum and Dodger Stadium. Historic: Ebbetts Field, Polo Grounds, Shibe Park, City Stadium in Green Bay and Borchardt Field here in Milwaukee. For S's and G's any of the Cookie Cutter Stadiums just to see what they were all about, guess I'd come close at Oakland Coliseum. Locally I've been to all our stadiums and arenas pre renovations but not since then, would be cool to see the after.

packchampionslfroh.png

My List in no particular order

1.) Daytona International Speedway for Speedweeks

2.) Indy 500

3.) Wrigley

4.) Cowboys Stadium

5.) Wherever The Super Bowl is being played...

Places I have crossed off the Bucket list

2006, Yankee Stadium

2009: Fenway Park

2010: Talladega Superspeedway

2010: Camden Yards

2011: Bristol Night Race....

I know...such a broad range...What can I say, I'm a simple man

Archived