Fort Worth Outlaws (NBA concept)

29texan

I think the above is nicly designed but i have a concern ... and this might be because i know nothing about Ft Worth but is a W really that big a part of their identity? Like.. in New York its NY not NY if that makes sense. just seems to me like ur putting a lot of emphasis on the W when it should be more like OKC or maybe StL. However if I'm wrong the the "Worth" part of the name is a bigger deal that the Fort part then I guess leave it.,

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I think the above is nicly designed but i have a concern ... and this might be because i know nothing about Ft Worth

Don't sweat it. A lot of people don't. In fact, several people think of Fort Worth as just an extension of Dallas... which isn't true.

but is a W really that big a part of their identity? Like.. in New York its NY not NY if that makes sense. just seems to me like ur putting a lot of emphasis on the W when it should be more like OKC or maybe StL. However if I'm wrong the the "Worth" part of the name is a bigger deal that the Fort part then I guess leave it.,

It's already been explained above.

A lot of what you'll see with this uniform is inspiration from things in this city, like the "FT W" pays homage to the Fort Worth Cats, the first pro sports team in the city. Also, putting emphasis on "W" can also be used to for winning. Like the Twins.

I'll explain more a little later...

And the name of the team will be the "OUTLAWS".

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I like the uniforms. I like the original choice of palette. My only concern is that, in real life, the text across the front would be too wide, wrapping halfway around the player.

The logos have some issues, though. The rectangular shape of the primary has no dynamism or motion, so it doesn't feel like it fits the NBA. There are too many things going on in the primary. Make some choices and edit out what isn't necessary. I don't understand what the spikes in the secondary are supposed to represent.

rATMcmK.png

I like the uniforms. I like the original choice of palette. My only concern is that, in real life, the text across the front would be too wide, wrapping halfway around the player.

The logos have some issues, though. The rectangular shape of the primary has no dynamism or motion, so it doesn't feel like it fits the NBA. There are too many things going on in the primary. Make some choices and edit out what isn't necessary. I don't understand what the spikes in the secondary are supposed to represent.

I guess I did put TOO much symbolism in the primary. As for the secondary, since the team is named "Outlaws", the spikes are used to represent a few images of the old west and rugged Texas (like tumbleweeds, barbed wire, cacti....)

I'll touch up those uniforms as well.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

I'm sorry but I'm not gonna sugarcoat it; none of this works. The uniforms are poorly constructed and repetitive. The font is way too thin and just doesn't look good at all. The primary logo is a hot mess. I mean, you have a half ball/half head logo in a giant rectangle, half red/half white with a giant, vertical Northwestern stripe covering up most of one side. All the other logos are sloppy. Then you add in no white home (mandatory in the NBA), you mimic the colors of a team in the same state (Rockets) and you place them, unnecessarily I might add, in the same market as another team (Mavericks). Dallas-Ft. Worth is not a 2-team market, in any sport.

I'm sorry but I'm not gonna sugarcoat it; none of this works. The uniforms are poorly constructed and repetitive. The font is way too thin and just doesn't look good at all. The primary logo is a hot mess. I mean, you have a half ball/half head logo in a giant rectangle, half red/half white with a giant, vertical Northwestern stripe covering up most of one side. All the other logos are sloppy. Then you add in no white home (mandatory in the NBA), you mimic the colors of a team in the same state (Rockets) and you place them, unnecessarily I might add, in the same market as another team (Mavericks). Dallas-Ft. Worth is not a 2-team market, in any sport.

Well, someone didn't get into the Christmas spirit. :lol:

While I respect your opinion and criticisms, I will respectfully disagree with most of it. Especially that last bit.... I live in Fort Worth. You think I care about what Dallas has?

.... but just to respond to your points:

- I'm keeping the font, like it or not.

- I'm keeping the uniforms, while only making a few minor changes (to the script on the front)

- I'm thinking of what else to do with the primary, but it's not going to look professional.... especially considering it really doesn't have to seeing how it's not happening anyway.

- The "Northwestern stripe" is there for a reason (the basketball is supposed to look hidden or skewed).

- Thinking of what to do with a white jersey

- As for the Rockets..... meh. They may have red and silver now, but who's to say they'll keep it?

- Refer to that comment about Dallas and the Mavericks above.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

The secondary with some work could be a pretty good logo the rest not so much.

The problem with the font is when scaled down will not show up really well.

Overall this will need a lot of work like McCall said to be considered a good package regardless of whether it would actually happen.

Archived