2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure whether this is the correct topic to post this in but Everton currently have a questionnaire on their website for fans to answer regarding a new crest for next season after this season's new design was heavily criticised by fans.

There is also the opportunity for fans to submit a sketch themselves at the following link: http://www.evertonfc.com/uploadyourcrest

Nice touch but seems like too little too late.

How so? They realized that the fans don't like the new crest, so they're only using it for the minimum one season while they come up with a new one. That new crest is being designed in consultation with the fans.

"Too little too late" means that the situation can't be rectified. This is actually the opposite of that.

Keeping the current crest for one season seems like an OK compromise but there are people who are adamant it should never have been used at all and that not enough was done to prevent the situation they got in where it was too late to undo. Perhaps "prevention is better than cure" would have been a more appropriate saying for what I was trying to describe.

It sets up for another potential headache though if the next new crest is not well received by the fans either.

It was too late for the rebranding to be rolled back, kits had been manufactured, stationary printed etc etc etc. it seems an intelligent move to find put what fans want in a crest. If the new effort is poorly received, they can say that they asked fans what ey wanted and gave it too them. Good for Everton consulting fans instead of ignoring them. Shows Everton as a good community club.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Not sure whether this is the correct topic to post this in but Everton currently have a questionnaire on their website for fans to answer regarding a new crest for next season after this season's new design was heavily criticised by fans.

There is also the opportunity for fans to submit a sketch themselves at the following link: http://www.evertonfc.com/uploadyourcrest

How so? They realized that the fans don't like the new crest, so they're only using it for the minimum one season while they come up with a new one. That new crest is being designed in consultation with the fans.

"Too little too late" means that the situation can't be rectified. This is actually the opposite of that.

Keeping the current crest for one season seems like an OK compromise but there are people who are adamant it should never have been used at all and that not enough was done to prevent the situation they got in where it was too late to undo. Perhaps "prevention is better than cure" would have been a more appropriate saying for what I was trying to describe.

It sets up for another potential headache though if the next new crest is not well received by the fans either.

It was too late for the rebranding to be rolled back, kits had been manufactured, stationary printed etc etc etc. it seems an intelligent move to find put what fans want in a crest. If the new effort is poorly received, they can say that they asked fans what ey wanted and gave it too them. Good for Everton consulting fans instead of ignoring them. Shows Everton as a good community club.

But marble's point (I think) is that they didn't do that in the first place when they could have.

6fQjS3M.png

But marble's point (I think) is that they didn't do that in the first place when they could have.

That is correct.

True enough, but that's not necessarily usual, for a sports team in any sport in any place, to consult a fan base on its corporate branding. So it would have been an incredible move to consult in the first place.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

That would probably be down to the fact we had an inept member of staff looking after it who has now, thankfully, left the club. A newish marketing team is in place including a new Director of Communications, Alan Myers ex Sky Sports News & a Blue, who is turning out to be our best signing of the summer.

He totally gets Everton unlike the last encombent who saw it as a toy for their ego. Fans are once again valued at the club. The badge was a farce and the club have acknowledged it. Just a shame Elstone didn't get his P45 aswell.

logo.png

Puma continues to disgust me. Gross.

What wrong with it? Other than the black pipeing

I just don't find anything about most of what Puma produce visually appealing. I can't be the only one, surely? The overall balance of the design elements is horrible. It just feels ugly to me.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

You guys can have it, lol. I hate the two layered collar/under shirt effect they have this season. It's always something tacky with Puma.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Most of Puma's output is ugly-as-sin, but that Dortmund kit is definitely an exception.

I agree that this particular version of this template looks really good. However, this underlines the basic problem with Puma - they, more than any other manufacturer, template the heck out of their teams. There are a few Puma templates out there that are being used by all Puma teams. There's no variety, It feels like they don't design anything original for any of their teams (except, maybe the Italian national team). I'm afraid this will be highlighted even more when the big Arsenal contract kicks in next season. Whatever the Puma template du jour for 2014/15 is will be what Arsenal wears and the same template will be circulated, with different colors, to the other Puma teams.

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

Archived