2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

I thought there were rules regarding the positioning and spacing of the numbers. It turns out from this graphic that Palace do not actually break the rules, as the rules only define the area the numbers can be within and not their actual placement/spacing.

lettering.jpg

Having seen the Palace shirts in action though, I would not be surprised if the rules were to change.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Halved shirts certainly haven't presented a problem in the past to Blackburn Rovers or Spurs, who have had a couple of change shirts in that style. Of course, they had the numbers spaced properly.

On an ever so slightly similar note, I've noted that this season our foraying Egyptian Elmohamady's shirt number is way lower down his back than those of his team mates. I suspect it's due to a combination of the length of his name combined the width of the '27' numerals - Tom Huddlestone has a similarly lengthy name, for example, but his number 8 shirt doesn't have this problem.

It's been like this in all three matches this season and is really starting to bother my kit OCD.

EDIT: Not the best of pics but demonstrating what I'm saying, courtesy of Manchester City's Tunnel Cam - Elmohamady's name and '27' is considerably further down his shirt than team mate Figueroa's printing.

ScreenShot2013-09-02at64226pm_zpsaf191d3

The away shirt is nice but the home kit needs a few tweaks. I don't like this shade of light blue and the bib doesn't fit well here. Also the three stripes on the socks should be white as on the shorts and the shirt.

And the 'Sydney' in the club crest of the shirt should be navy.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Halved shirts certainly haven't presented a problem in the past to Blackburn Rovers or Spurs, who have had a couple of change shirts in that style. Of course, they had the numbers spaced properly.

On an ever so slightly similar note, I've noted that this season our foraying Egyptian Elmohamady's shirt number is way lower down his back than those of his team mates. I suspect it's due to a combination of the length of his name combined the width of the '27' numerals - Tom Huddlestone has a similarly lengthy name, for example, but his number 8 shirt doesn't have this problem.

It's been like this in all three matches this season and is really starting to bother my kit OCD.

EDIT: Not the best of pics but demonstrating what I'm saying, courtesy of Manchester City's Tunnel Cam - Elmohamady's name and '27' is considerably further down his shirt than team mate Figueroa's printing.

ScreenShot2013-09-02at64226pm_zpsaf191d3

Even his name seems to start lower down though. That could be because of its length I suppose. But it just looks amateurish.you'd think the Premier League would have higher standards than that.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Even his name seems to start lower down though. That could be because of its length I suppose. But it just looks amateurish.you'd think the Premier League would have higher standards than that.

That was my thought too - however Tom Huddlestone's surname is a character longer and doesn't have this problem, and our barn door sparing striker Nick Proschwitz' shirt is similarly unaffected. You'd think you'd have a tad extra space on the shoulders as well.

I mean, we managed to deal with Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink's name the last time we were in the Premier League!

1.jpg

Everton lovesss blue for all three kits...

That is some of the worst PS I have seen from Nike. On second thought, I bet Nike wasn't even involved in this. 2 year old balls, all 4 players earing adidas boots. Not to mention the PSing of the jerseys on the players.

Just wow at how idiotic it is to have 3 mainly blue kits.

There will be more than a few clashes this season thats for sure.

It's a mindboggling choice that's for sure, and I'm not quite sure how they managed to get them past the League.

I suppose navy and white is enough to be different from Chelsea (especially if Everton wear the white shorts). And the yellow and blue should work against Man City and West Brom. Still all a little too close for comfort though. Cup competitions could be trouble, still -- what they would wear against QPR or Blackburn, I have no idea.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Just wow at how idiotic it is to have 3 mainly blue kits.

There will be more than a few clashes this season thats for sure.

Neither the away or third is mainly blue. The blue is only on the front of the jersey. That being said, I was expecting a more contrasting third kit. Everton and Nike are obviously keeping fingers crossed for kindly cup draws, given that they won't need to change kits too often in the league this season.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Worst comes to worst they can always use the away and 3rd kits from last year which are white and black respectively, I suppose.

We had to do an emergency re-issue of the previous season's away as a third a few years back, so it's an acceptable solution - however, it seems very silly that there could still be an issue when they already have two alternative strips to choose from.

I dont know what is a bigger issue, this whole Everton thing or teams not using alternates when they should do. For example Fulham v Arsenal in light-dark-light(ish) and Sunderland v Spurs in the Asia cup in light-dark-dark. I always thought there was a long standing rule from back in the days of black and white TV where this was not allowed. Obviously not.

177575792.jpg

article-2375827-1AF88C6B000005DC-461_634

Although black and white TVs are not around anymore, I watch a lot of games from internet streams (mostly legally) and the picture quality isn't always that great. Spurs v Sunderland was a difficult game to watch.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

The Premier League certainly appear to be a little more relaxed about these things than some other competitions (the Football League is apparently a fair bit tighter on their kit regulations). Ultimately though the referee can request a change on the day if he feels there's a problem, even if the kits for the match have been given the green light by the League.

Meanwhile, Brisbane Roar have unveiled their new clobber...

jemu.jpg

The orange one is the home, the plain/sash are the away and third respectively.

I can't stand the undershirt look. Not to mention the collar on the main layer is horrible.

The white version doesn't look too bad, but I wouldn't ever want to wear a Puma template kit.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived