2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Santos third:

Santos+13+14+Third+Kit+(3).jpg

Santos+13+14+Third+Kit+(2).jpgSantos+13+14+Third+Kit+(1).jpg

I wish this Nike template would fit players like it does the mannequins. I like the tight sleeves look, but pretty much very player that wears it looks like he got a size or two up.

I hate the way some fit tight (like Fulham's the last few years with Kappa. That being said, the authentic and on-field versions do fit noticeably tighter than the replicas.

Example: Antonio+Valencia+b-Z6vhl_sRFm.jpg

I like the Manchester city 3rd kit. Can't wait to see that in action.

Also, I think it's probably up to the player how 'tight' the want it. While the material may be tight, some players would rather have it tighter/looser, and get a different size accordingly. im guessing the Santos players were wearing a size larger then usual, making them seem bigger, because the size smaller was to tight. My team used to wear Puma 'tight fit' material and some players preferred it, others didn't. They'd get the next size up and it'd fit better on them. Now we wear Celtic F.C baggy Nike kits... I'm sure professional soccer players might have a little more range when it comes to sizes.

So, who wants to start speculating on what the US kits for the World Cup will look like?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So, who wants to start speculating on what the US kits for the World Cup will look like?

I have no guesses other than it won't look like what it should: something similar to the centenary kits.

I doubt they'll go with their throwback crest like in the Centenary kits, unfortunately. For the World Cup, they'll want to use their real badge, no matter how dated/bad it is. It'll probably be its final year anyway.

I hope they go with a stars & stripes theme. Red and white striped kit, blue kit with a few white stars or something. May sound """"girly"""", but it screams MERICA. As long as we do not get anything close to the Pageant kits we got in WC 2010.

I think we can come up with something good. The kits we are using now are sharp, but I doubt we'll stick with either of them for the world cup. I'm praying they keep the Where's waldo look-- and the Centenary kits, but that's highly unlikely.

USA has told the Supporters to wear RED for the past 5+ years, so they better not come out with a plain white jersey for the World Cup. They should keep the Red & White stripes forever. Its American, and no one else has that look. I would be in favor of changing the crest too.

I have no guesses other than it won't look like what it should: something similar to the centenary kits.

I doubt they'll go with their throwback crest like in the Centenary kits, unfortunately. For the World Cup, they'll want to use their real badge, no matter how dated/bad it is. It'll probably be its final year anyway.

I hope they go with a stars & stripes theme. Red and white striped kit, blue kit with a few white stars or something. May sound gay, but it screams MERICA. As long as we do not get anything close to the Pageant kits we got in WC 2012.

I think we can come up with something good. The kits we are using now are sharp, but I doubt we'll stick with either of them for the world cup. I'm praying they keep the Where's waldo look-- and the Centenary kits, but that's highly unlikely.

i hope they keep the same two kits, and add a blue that matches the centenary kit.

Archived