2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

If the rumors are to be believed though, FIFA are really pushing monochrome kits for the 2014 World Cup. Hope we keep the hoops though.

would countries like Brasil or Mexico ever go for monochrome for an entire cup? Not to mention some the classic Euro squads.

Well that`s hard to tell. France went with an all blue look since Nike took over the association. Rumours are there that Germany will play in all white in 2014.

Also England played a lot in all white the last years.

But I can't really imagine Brazil in all yellow. :oops:

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there will be less monochrome than some Internet rumours suggest. Although if I remember correctly the World Cup is one place where any clashes in kit colours means a change, so monochrome happens more than is really necessary. (Does it really matter if teams are wearing the same colour shorts? Really?)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

(Does it really matter if teams are wearing the same colour shorts? Really?)

It is supposed to aid the referee when spotting two players sliding in for a challenge. Same goes with the socks being different colours.

I don't think it has anything to do with how it looks on TV etc.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I think you may be confused. The Champions League does not have a standardized font.

Here's last year's final at Wembley:

roman-weidenfeller-2013-uefa-champions-l

And from this year, Arsenal's match at Fenerbahce (the only time the Gunners wore blue shorts with their red-and-white shirt):

2390392832-AP726939633073-Arsenal-hammer

article-2399211-1B6639EE000005DC-742_634

Most teams have a special CL font they use, but they're all different. Some are custom for each team, some are standard manufacturer fonts, but they're not mandated by UEFA.

It was attempted several years ago(2007-2008?). Arsenal wore it that year and Manchester City wore a UEFA League version as well. it had lowercase letters and the UEFA Champions League or Europa League logo on them.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Spurs 3rd kit to be released on the 19th. Hopefully it does not contain any of the green colour used extensively on our training wear this season.

BUXy86ZCUAEYEbN.jpg

I can't remember who asked when it was due to be out, I believe it was GeauxColonels. Well, now you know.

On clubs sporting special Champions League fonts, I'd prefer to see them wearing the same style that they do in their domestic leagues but I can live with it. What annoys me though is that the practice has started seeping into domestic cup competitions here and now a number of the higher ranked Premier league clubs sport their own style in the FA and League Cups as well as Europe.

Stop it, I say.

I think you may be confused. The Champions League does not have a standardized font.

Here's last year's final at Wembley:

roman-weidenfeller-2013-uefa-champions-l

And from this year, Arsenal's match at Fenerbahce (the only time the Gunners wore blue shorts with their red-and-white shirt):

2390392832-AP726939633073-Arsenal-hammer

article-2399211-1B6639EE000005DC-742_634

Most teams have a special CL font they use, but they're all different. Some are custom for each team, some are standard manufacturer fonts, but they're not mandated by UEFA.

It was attempted several years ago(2007-2008?). Arsenal wore it that year and Manchester City wore a UEFA League version as well. it had lowercase letters and the UEFA Champions League or Europa League logo on them.
Hmm. 2007-2008 is hardly "the past two seasons", but you've piqued my interest. I didn't get to see many Arsenal matches that season.

I'll take a look through the Arsenal archives, see if I can come up with a pic. Thanks!

BUYmPPdIcAA4FMz.jpg

The new number font looks good (certainly much better than the ones from the past 2 seasons), though like Jaffa I wouldn't mind everyone using their league number fonts.

Double stripes on the white socks would look much better it red (esp since they are supposed to represent the supporter's scarvesflag).

Spurs 3rd kit to be released on the 19th. Hopefully it does not contain any of the green colour used extensively on our training wear this season.

BUXy86ZCUAEYEbN.jpg

I can't remember who asked when it was due to be out, I believe it was GeauxColonels. Well, now you know.

Well it's about :censored: time!!! :angered: :angered:

Thanks for the heads-up. I saw a "rumored" third on Reddit the other day that was supposedly taken from the FIFA 14 demo. It was a navy shirt with a white HP logo...very plain. I can't imagine that's what Under Armour would go with for the 3rd kit though.

gYH2mW9.png

Holland WC14 Away:

netherlands-away-2014-world-cup-600x440.

If legit, I rather like it (other than the border around the lion).

Is this the first Nike WC14 leak?

Not if the previously leaked Portugal kit is legit.

Oh yeah, forgot about that one.

Here is a pic: PortugalWorldCup2014.jpg

Side vents, neck line, inside of neck, inside of sleeves and tags look the same. Could be legit and I really like both.

USA kits have been debunked by the reputable @EleteTSC on Twitter and the Colours of Football forum, so don't panic.

As for fonts, I like the European method. Hate how most leagues make all clubs wear the same numbering style now, even if it clashes with the style of the shirt. Everything in world football is so templated now, standardized fonts are just another ugly cog in that. Maybe it's just because I've grown up with that classic number font on the back of the Red Sox jerseys...

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Thanks for the heads-up. I saw a "rumored" third on Reddit the other day that was supposedly taken from the FIFA 14 demo. It was a navy shirt with a white HP logo...very plain. I can't imagine that's what Under Armour would go with for the 3rd kit though.

It does seem pretty viable. They are Spurs colours and in general our away kits cycle between navy, yellow, pale blue and purple.

BUUXzzwIMAA4ZTi.jpg

The presentation is typical of FIFA 14 so it seems official from that standpoint.

Only thing is, given last year's attempt from Under Armour, you would expect someone a little more 'wacky'.

It does seem pretty viable. They are Spurs colours and in general our away kits cycle between navy, yellow, pale blue and purple.

BUUXzzwIMAA4ZTi.jpg

The presentation is typical of FIFA 14 so it seems official from that standpoint.

Only thing is, given last year's attempt from Under Armour, you would expect someone a little more 'wacky'.

It's not like EA sports would just put a random kit in for no reason. And the UA third for Spurs wasn't that outlandish last season, it just wasn't a typical Tottenham kit. So who knows!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived