2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. FC Köln carnival jersey:

I really like this!

I think they got the balance just right with all of the elements on this. It is not too over the top, is definitely different enough from the regular shirt and the placement of the Koln crest in the centre to match the red band is very clever IMO.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

New home kit for Norn Iron...

6z8u.png

I think it looks rather nice although the green does look a tad darker than usual...

It's a lot darker than usual. The Northern Irishmen have generally worn a lighter shade of green,more similar to the trim colour.

That Arsenal 'leak' looks pretty good for an away short to me. IIRC Arsenal wore something similar in the 1950 cup final, without the shiny material and sublimation.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

^ oops. just posted that pic in the World Cup thread.

anywho, a possible Arsenal leak?

BYDGhEAIYAA-dvy.jpgArsenal-Puma-Gold.png

HELLLLLLO, 1990s!

Terrible PSing. Just look at the socks.

Yeah, the PS on the right has been around for a while now (the guy's home kit design is actually pretty decent), but leave it to some opportunistic manufacturer in Southeast Asia to put a fake kit, based on a fake design, on the streets as fast as possible.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

HELLLLLLO, 1990s!

Idl, nikes put out some badly photoshopped graphics for official uniform announcements.

Nothing even close to this bad.

HELLLLLLO, 1990s!

Idl, nikes put out some badly photoshopped graphics for official uniform announcements.

Nothing even close to this bad.

Those socks... good god.

Also puma wouldn't use such a prominent Nike logo on the ball in their ad.

I thought that too. Maybe Nike's deal with the EPL requires their logo to be shown on the soccer ball for all promotional pictures and advertisements?
We've certainly seen boots manufactured by someone other than the kit manufacturer feature in ads. That being said, that does look pretty similar to nikes promotional stuff from a year or two ago.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

We've certainly seen boots manufactured by someone other than the kit manufacturer feature in ads. That being said, that does look pretty similar to nikes promotional stuff from a year or two ago.

Clubs and manufacturers are sometimes a little more relaxed about players being shown in official shots with certain items that are made by another company - boots being the most obvious and visible example. For most other items though, you toe the club line when you're pictured on official business...

xb7g.png

Mind, that said if it's a Puma ad for a Puma kit I wouldn't be surprised to see boots made by Nike or Adidas or whoever to be photoshopped to look like a generic boot rather than one made by a competitor.

Archived