2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may well be the only person that cares on this board, but here's a shot of the new Oxford United home kit in pre-season action against Ardley.

-mg-9345259-898626_478x359.jpg

Sponsor is supposed to be announced mid-week, so sadly this clean version can't be purchased. I still think the numbers on the shorts are too big.

I still think the numbers on the shorts are too big.

Standard Football League size, surely?

Unfortunate about the sponsor, it's a shame you don't have the choice to go brand free.

Since Southampton have had red and striped shirts for the vast majority of their history (http://www.historica...Southampton.htm has it starting in 1896) going to plain red for a more recognisable image seems counter productive. When i think of Southampton, i think of Matt Le Tissier scoring sublime goals in a red and white striped shirt with black shorts, and I doubt i'm alone in that.

In particular the Pony kit that had the red V on it as well as the stripes. That one's always stuck in my head for some reason.

I agree with the point, but Mr Cortese doesn't, and he's the one that gets to choose. I think his point was red and white stripes would be worn by Sunderland, stoke and Southampton. All red kit remains the province of Liverpool. Also there are plenty of other red and white stripped teams across Europe, fewer with plain red.

I think it's sad, and I would hope that one day the stripes will return, but it ain't happening next season!

It's also true that some of Southampton's more evocative kits have not been plain red and white stripes. The admiral irregular red and white stripes, the Patrick red shirt with white band, the Hummel half plain red, half thin red and white stripes The rather messy pony striped kit to name a few.

That Hummel kit you´re talking about was a template, I believe. Villa wore the same kits sometime in the late 80´s IIRC.

6fQjS3M.png

The new home shirt of the Netherland's top team, PEC Zwolle...

wtqx.jpg

Apparently the sponsor is a temporary one, to be worn until they get a megaEuro deal signed with someone or other.

Since Southampton have had red and striped shirts for the vast majority of their history (http://www.historica...Southampton.htm has it starting in 1896) going to plain red for a more recognisable image seems counter productive. When i think of Southampton, i think of Matt Le Tissier scoring sublime goals in a red and white striped shirt with black shorts, and I doubt i'm alone in that.

In particular the Pony kit that had the red V on it as well as the stripes. That one's always stuck in my head for some reason.

I agree with the point, but Mr Cortese doesn't, and he's the one that gets to choose. I think his point was red and white stripes would be worn by Sunderland, stoke and Southampton. All red kit remains the province of Liverpool. Also there are plenty of other red and white stripped teams across Europe, fewer with plain red.

I think it's sad, and I would hope that one day the stripes will return, but it ain't happening next season!

It's also true that some of Southampton's more evocative kits have not been plain red and white stripes. The admiral irregular red and white stripes, the Patrick red shirt with white band, the Hummel half plain red, half thin red and white stripes The rather messy pony striped kit to name a few.

That Hummel kit you´re talking about was a template, I believe. Villa wore the same kits sometime in the late 80´s IIRC.

Indeed. It was a variation of the kit Denmark wore in the 1986 World Cup, though IIRC the collar was slightly different. I think the wrap around went the other way. Coventry City wore the same template as well.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I still think the numbers on the shorts are too big.

Standard Football League size, surely?

Unfortunate about the sponsor, it's a shame you don't have the choice to go brand free.

Yeah, it's standard football league size, but the standard League Two number font always looks too chunky on shorts to my mind.

UA/Spurs have also revealed this year's training gear:

3g0cY28.jpg

Based on this, I think the third kit will be that bright green we see here.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

is that a sublimated pattern on the sky blue away kit for Spurs?

I don't think it is. There's another picture on the site and it doesn't have a pattern, it seems. We'll find out for sure in 15 minutes anyway.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived