2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

How often are corporate graphic/logo standards applied to these corporate sponshorships though? Many of the logos you see on professional kits are in the teams colors, and I highly doubt that the team colors just happened to align with that companys graphic standards. Oh well, it is what it is.

Is that truly the case? Or is it more of a case of other club sponsors using wordmarks in white or black that are within a company's graphic standards? Samsung...Emirates...AON. But we've seen some of these gaming outfits that are sponsors with logos that clash.

As a spurs fan, I kinda wish they'd kept the traditional collar, but this one is still simple/clean and distinctive, so I don't mind it.

Same here. I prefer a collared shirt...but this is a satisfactory replacement.

gYH2mW9.png

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How often are corporate graphic/logo standards applied to these corporate sponshorships though? Many of the logos you see on professional kits are in the teams colors, and I highly doubt that the team colors just happened to align with that companys graphic standards. Oh well, it is what it is.

Is that truly the case? Or is it more of a case of other club sponsors using wordmarks in white or black that are within a company's graphic standards? Samsung...Emirates...AON. But we've seen some of these gaming outfits that are sponsors with logos that clash.

As a spurs fan, I kinda wish they'd kept the traditional collar, but this one is still simple/clean and distinctive, so I don't mind it.

Look at Liverpool's unis with Standard Chartered as the sponsor. They have the logo in gold or red, even though this is the company's actual logo:

standard_chartered.png

Liverpool-13-14-Kits.jpg

How often are corporate graphic/logo standards applied to these corporate sponshorships though? Many of the logos you see on professional kits are in the teams colors, and I highly doubt that the team colors just happened to align with that companys graphic standards.

Depends on the sponsor - from first hand experience some are quite open to adapting their colours to better suit those of the shirt, whilst others steadfastly refuse to budge even though it means the finished article loses legibility.

Pretty satisfied with the Spurs kits. Getting rid of that awful Aurasma wordmark was a victory in and of itself.

That said, the collar on the keeper kit is similar yet different from the home kit for some reason, and I kinda like the keeper collar more:

2013-2014-home-kit.jpg

Look at Liverpool's unis with Standard Chartered as the sponsor. They have the logo in gold or red, even though this is the company's actual logo:

standard_chartered.png

Liverpool-13-14-Kits.jpg

And here's an example where they don't touch the sponsor logo other than making the text white to show up better on the dark jersey:

Evonik_Key_Facts_and_Figures_in_brief.gif

PUMA-BVB-Home-2013-743555_01-front1-e1373040026466.jpgBorussia-Dortmund-BVB-Champions-League-Jersey-12-13.jpgBorussia-Dortmund-Away-Kit-12-13.jpg

As Jaffa said, I have no doubt that some of these companies are highly protective of their brand identity and have strict guidelines regarding the coloration of their logo.

gYH2mW9.png

I see where the brand identity argument comes in, but when you use half the color wheel except for the club's main color (well.. secondary with white being primary at Tottenham) for your brand I don't see where mixing in a different color hurts it. It doesn't hurt the jersey at all as it is with the light blue HP logo, but it could be improved just a bit more by matching it

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Best view yet of this summer's worst kept secret.

arsenal-2013-14-away-shirt.jpg

Proper Arsenal away kit. Could do without the buttons but minor quibble from me. Reminds me of the 03-04 away kit which is one of favorites.

Well nice.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

And, a propos to the discussion above, an example of the sponsor's logo being presented in the team's colors and not the company's.

Of course, the willingness of one sponsor to allow its corporate mark(s) to be rendered in the team colors of a professional soccer club it is sponsoring doesn't obligate all sponsors to do so. Companies are going to make their decisions on a case-by-case basis and, given the amount of money they're paying for these sponsorships, many are going to opt to have their corporate marks rendered in their corporate colors.

Frankly, if having its kit remain pristine with regard to the team's color scheme is of significant importance to a pro soccer club, perhaps said side should target potential sponsors whose corporate palettes fall in line with the team's kit colors.

Well, I think it's largely a matter of clout. Arsenal is worth enough to Emirates that they're willing to compromise on the colors; the Cosmos are not.

Historically, Spurs has been saddled with the sponsor's color, all the more humiliating when that color is red.

Agrees. Teams like ManU, Arsenal, Real Madrid definitely have a greater degree of leverage with sponsors. Again, though, in this case I don't think that the blue HP logo clashes with the rest of the kit.

gYH2mW9.png

Meanwhile, our efforts to sign Charlie Austin stalled last night apparently due to complications with his medical. Looks like he'll be wearing this away kit for Burnley next season, then...

otm2.jpg

Archived