2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The kits for Djibril Cisse's new club, Kuban Krasnodar...

42gd.jpg

Oddly, the numbering on this Adidas kit is very, very similar to that used by Barcelona on their Nike shirts...

No real surprise with the choice of template there. It'll be interesting to see what they elect to wear when they visit us next season, I'd assume white alternative shorts and socks unless they have a third kit available.

No real surprise with the choice of template there. It'll be interesting to see what they elect to wear when they visit us next season, I'd assume white alternative shorts and socks unless they have a third kit available.

...or red shorts on their (black and red striped) away. Which I would not be a fan of.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

...or red shorts on their (black and red striped) away. Which I would not be a fan of.

I'd think red and black would probably be too similar tonally to our black and amber. A quick scout around though reveals West Brom have worn white from the waist down when visiting us in the Premier League before...

dhxk.jpg

...white shorts were their first choice that season but they'll have an alternative set in that colour this season for sure.

There is also the question of what will they wear when away at Newcastle?

You would think that the clubs/manufacturers take this sort of thing into account when designing the kits. So there must be a white short option, or like you mentioned a third kit which is completely different.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

There is also the question of what will they wear when away at Newcastle?

You would think that the clubs/manufacturers take this sort of thing into account when designing the kits. So there must be a white short option, or like you mentioned a third kit which is completely different.

Funnily enough, we had a similar problem away at Newcastle during our first Premier League season which I was reminded of when I saw West Brom's away.

Our home kit that season was the one shown in my previous post, whilst the away was fancifully described by Umbro as 'flint' but was basically an all dark grey affair. We tipped up to St James' Park with the flint kit - a choice approved by the Premier League - only to be told by the referee that our ensemble was too similar to Newcastle's home. A compromise was eventually reached which saw us wear our grey shirts paired with Newcastle's white away shorts and socks, as worn here by convicted sex offender and woman beater Marlon King...

roh0.jpg

We thought that was the end of the matter, until the FA Cup draw meant that we'd have to make another trip to play Newcastle - we were told in no uncertain terms though that we'd have to come up with a proper alternative on this occasion. The solution was to reissue the previous season's all white away kit as an emergency one off third.

I would be surprised if Adidas haven't got a third kit waiting in the wings for the Baggies.

I just wish the US added a tad bit more red to their recent blue kits, I know that one may not be official.

But I know their new World Cup kits will most likely be released next spring, so I can wait for that, hopefully they use the centennial Logo!

Wolfsburg Away:

wolfsburg-neue-auswartstrikot.jpeg

reminds me of these: BO_HqrACYAAu3V3.jpg

Ballack! :upside:

Yeah, this years Wolfsburg set is definitely a reminder to those times. The white home kit got some similarities to this:

football_shirt_22879_1_376x450x0.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Archived