2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

I would have gone black socks for United's away kit if it was up to me.

Chelsea's black kit looks boring. And gawd I hate it when they do that stupid artistic weird photoshoot with the paint...it's tacky. I think it says a lot about the kit design that you need to splash in something else to catch your attention without just showing off the new kit design.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chelsea's black kit looks boring. And gawd I hate it when they do that stupid artistic weird photoshoot with the paint...it's tacky. I think it says a lot about the kit design that you need to splash in something else to catch your attention without just showing off the new kit design.

Doesn't make much sense to have the same color socks on your home and change kit. I might have gone with black shorts for the change kit, though.

Doesn't make much sense to have the same color socks on your home and change kit. I might have gone with black shorts for the change kit, though.

In the days of United wearing an all royal blue third kit, it was always all blue. (They wore that in the 1968 European Cup Final and many many times away to Southampton, or other teams in red and white) Maybe it's reflecting that tradition, even if the blue is darker.

Talking of dark blue, given the blue theme Chelski have in their kit promos this year, I wonder if the 'black' is actually a very dark shade of navy. Be interesting to see it in person.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I find the prices the Cosmos are charging for jerseys to be absurd, but I will admit that the throwbacks they are selling look sweet.

new-york-cosmos-tailgate-pele-short-sleeve-jersey-polo-green-1.png

new-york-cosmos-tailgate-beckenbauer-short-sleeve-jersey-polo-white-1.png

http://www.nycosmoss...gories-men.html

$99 for authentic? Isn't that pretty standard? I mean a bit more than others but not like double...

Not for the NASL

Atlanta Silverbacks - $55.00

Minnesota United - $55.00

San Antonio Scorpions - $65.00

Tampa Bay Rowdies - $70.00

The other teams I was unable to find the any jerseys either because they weren't there or I couldn't access the website. Having a jersey cost $99.00 is insane for a division 2 club even if they are the Cosmos. In my opinion Tampa Bay is even a little expensive but that can be debated.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Yeah, but they're selling their standard home shirt for $99, which doesn't include name/number.

Cosmos: All flash, no substance.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Oxford United release a teaser image (and sponsor) for their away kits which will be worn in their next pre-season match against Coventry City

away-kit-2-640259-946020_478x359.jpg

Kind of which the homes and roads switched sponsors. I think Animalates fading from red to orange would contrast with this blue better than with the yellow/goldenrod homes. And if Isinglass is willing to go one color on the away, they would on the homes too...

When you compare all the other NASL teams you are right it is way expensive. Scorpions are Nike too right?

I was comparing to other top division sides. Are lower division jerseys cheaper in Europe?

Yeah, but they're selling their standard home shirt for $99, which doesn't include name/number.

The thing about the jersey prices is that I thought, if anything, the prices of the throwbacks and new shirts would be reversed. The throwbacks have the names of Cosmos legends on them while the new shirts don't even have a name on them.

I would be able to grudgingly accept a Cosmos home shirt being priced at $79.99 because of the Emirates sponsorship, the Cosmos name, etc. Tampa Bay even though I am not a fan of $70.00 I can live with it.

Especially when that is the cheapest Nike template out there. Pretty sad. I thought the Pele and Beckenbauer kits were the pricey ones.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

You keep saying that, but we'll see on the pitch, laughing boy. :P

Seriously, though, I hear that complaint a lot, and it's a clever sound bite, but it's simply not true. From the academies to the youth outreach to sponsoring and expanding the local amateur tournament, there's a whole lot of substance along with the flash.

The Cosmos are already twice the organization that the Red Bulls are. And before you point out that's a low bar, it's still pretty good for a team that hasn't yet played a league game.

You keep saying that, but we'll see on the pitch, laughing boy. :P

Seriously, though, I hear that complaint a lot, and it's a clever sound bite, but it's simply not true. From the academies to the youth outreach to sponsoring and expanding the local amateur tournament, there's a whole lot of substance along with the flash.

The Cosmos are already twice the organization that the Red Bulls are. And before you point out that's a low bar, it's still pretty good for a team that hasn't yet played a league game.

I know the Red Bulls don't have the greatest history in the world (no Open Cups or MLS Cups) but you can't determine how good an organization is until they start playing. I do not care what kind of potential a potential club may have you still can't say that it has a better organization than a team presently playing. This goes for both of our clubs so I am not just picking on the Cosmos here. Let us just see how things play out first.

You're right about the on-field product, but there's no denying that the Cosmos have already done more to nurture the soccer culture in NYC than the MetroStars/Red Bulls have ever done.

There's plenty of "substance" there. I hope they're half as successful on the pitch.

Mind, I'm sure the grass is supposed to be green as well...

Moving over to Italy, Bologna's new kits from Macron;

eguc.jpg

From the left; the away kit, the home version, the third, and the goalkeeper.

I quite like the away shirt, but as anyone who knows me will tell you I'm a sucker for a sash.

Archived