2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crystal Palace in the EPL are wearing what appear to be Nike uniforms, but there are no logos on the jerseys The trainer's shirt has a Swoosh though.

Their kits are manufactured by Avec which is a brand of Nike's.
OK. That explains it. Why no logo on the jersey though. Is it a situation where Avec isn't an approved brand of the EPL? Similar to Adidas in the NFL where players have to cover up all Adidas logos on their cleats?

Palace market their kits as being their own brand, rather than by a manufacturer - however, they outsource the production to Avec.

Avec's parent company isn't actually owned by Nike (I think I'm right in saying) but they're comfortably in bed with them and supply their gear, hence Palace have training wear carrying the swoosh.

Although the Premier League has a supply deal with Nike, this just covers stuff like balls and official's kits - teams are free to wear kits by any manufacturer, and players have the same freedom when it comes to their boots and certain other items of equipment.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

No comments yet on Italy's WC shirt?

Hard to make out detail under the watermarks. And with Puma, names/numbers frequently make or break a kit. I don't like the metallic Puma logos, feel like they should be white like the other kit detailing.

Apparently Arsenal are going to be wearing a mash up of their home and away kits against Fenerbahce this evening - pairing the home shirt and socks with the blue away shorts.

Or, in other words, they're going to be impersonating York City.

Apparently Arsenal are going to be wearing a mash up of their home and away kits against Fenerbahce this evening - pairing the home shirt and socks with the blue away shorts.

But isn't Fenerbahce using white socks?

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Palace market their kits as being their own brand, rather than by a manufacturer - however, they outsource the production to Avec.

Avec's parent company isn't actually owned by Nike (I think I'm right in saying) but they're comfortably in bed with them and supply their gear, hence Palace have training wear carrying the swoosh.

Although the Premier League has a supply deal with Nike, this just covers stuff like balls and official's kits - teams are free to wear kits by any manufacturer, and players have the same freedom when it comes to their boots and certain other items of equipment.

crystal-palace-home-shirt.pngcrystal-palace-home-shirt.jpegcrystal-palace-away-shirt-front.jpegcrystal-palace-away-shirt-600x379.jpeg

Even has the side ventilation holes like Nike shirts.

But isn't Fenerbahce using white socks?

A bit of clarification on the Arsenal OWS...

Arsenal will be wearing their red and white home shirt, and red socks on Wednesday evening, blue shorts will replace the usual white ones. This is due to a colour clash with Fenerbahce's kit.

So it sounds like the Turks will be fine with their regular home socks.

Even has the side ventilation holes like Nike shirts.

Hmm - as do Doncaster Rovers' shirts, which are also by Avec (and are badged as such, as opposed to Palace's 'own brand' kit).

Looking at their site, Avec are down as being owned by the Just Sport Group who reckon that they're an independent company but are very closely affiliated with Nike - they describe themselves as being their 'Official Preferred Partners' and as such supply Nike kits to a number of pro clubs in the UK, and run some club shops as well. Whether Nike do have any ownership of Just Sport though despite their claims of independence, I dunno.

So, it would seem that Palace market their shirts as being 'own brand' but outsource their production to Avec, who in turn have them manufactured for them by Nike - who in turn may or may not own the company who own Avec. That clears that up then!

Archived