Southern Miss

hailstateunis

I really liked the throwback uniform Southern Miss wore this past year, as did others around here. This concept takes the jersey from the throwback and adds a black version and a yellow version is added. The Logo is a slanted "USM" created from the wordmark used currently. The Helmets are both new. The first one is a black matte with a yellow "USM" logo, and the second is a yellow matte with a black "USM" logo on it.

ibw7iVb8PxBvf4.png

ibrHMaqkix4vbj.pngideLCVsN3XJ3H.png

i3ClbC4qRKM9f.png

ibfOy2SXFZVD0v.png

ijpDzRZUJVpgj.png

Cool. USM was the worst team in the FBS this year. They're probably looking for a change of some sort.

The numbers are cool and seem 'Southern,', but the helmet decal seems a little weird. They are the Golden Eagles, slap a wing or a eagle on there.

So. Miss put themselves in something of a quandry when they went to their current look...they went from vegas gold to yellow cus they're apparently unaware that tan t-shirts can be made (most of the time, tannish colors will be used in place of metallic gold when they can't exactly get the metallic part down)...and they can't put the current eagle head on their helmets without somebody saying they'll look too much like Iowa. On the other hand, USM is kinda like Boston College in that neither has a history of having eagles on their helmets (or much at all, in BC's case), so this fits right in in that regard.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 1 year later...

Mega bump here. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that when you google "Southern Miss Logo", the logo I made for this concept comes up pretty high on image search. Today, I noticed on Twitter that Southern Miss's baseball team got gloves with my logo today. So that's cool, I guess.

https://twitter.com/southernmissequ/status/535574948841259008

Pretty soilid, although I feel the inner-most stripe (closest to the neck hole) is unnecessary. I'd get rid of it and go white-black-gold from inside to out on the homes, black-gold-black on the roads, and black-white-black on the alts. I know USM used something similar to this in their past, but I think the way I suggested still evokes the throwback look white being easier on the eyes and avoiding the "fight" for your eyes' attention that usually happens when white and athletic gold are placed next to each other.

Archived