NFL 2013 Part One: AFC Redesigned (Titans V 3.0, More action shots to come!)

Brave-Bird 08

Merry Christmas everyone! NFC will be up soon!

National Football League 2013 Redesign: The AFC

Part one of this project includes redesigns for all 16 AFC teams in the NFL. Some concepts are very tame, while others are hopefully something you've never seen before. I remastered my concepts onto Andrew Harrington's template, and used the svg. helmet template that is available at the Logo Asylum forums, so please, go to those places if you want a template.

You will see all of my personal taste here. I dig jersey yokes. Sometimes tradition bugs me and sometimes I have to have it, it just depends on the team. I also tried my hand at a few subtle logo redesigns. That does not mean I'm claiming the designs as my work, as many of the logo tweaks are off unused logos, or are alterations. All in all, I tried to be as creative and clean as possible with each of these. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them!

AFC East

Eastteaser.png

Toronto Bills: Yes, I moved the Bills across the border to Toronto. Instead of trying to perfect the classic look they have now, I wanted to try to make the color scheme introduced in 2002 of navy, royal blue, scarlet and nickel, actually work. Because this is the first Canadien football team in the NFL, I wanted to give them a very CFL vibe. The Bills red streamer is echoed in the logo, sleeve and pants. This is the first blue lid for the Bills as well.

Home and Road

Alternates

Miami Dolphins: Navy blue is out in Miami. Dolphins fans will get a little '72 vibe with these uniforms, which feature a simpler logo, which is intended to be less cartoony and also give a subtle retro feel. The cuff stripes are moved to the sleeves to be more pronounced, and the number font is now classic block. The designated home uniform is all-white, while the road features the aqua britches. Alternate clash jerseys are included as well.

Home and Road

Alternate Clash

New England Patriots: This new get up for the Pats includes an element from just about every era of Foxboro football. The new helmet nods to the original Boston Patriots, and includes a new hat logo that goes along with Flying Elvis. The jerseys let the streamer from Elvis do the sleeve work, while the pants design terminates from a flag into the stripe design that is seen in the socks and sleeves. An alternate red jersey is now in the mix. Also, don't miss out on the return of the spangled banner jerseys.

Home and Road

Alternates

New York Jets: These Jets uniforms are designed specifically for the style they've worn through the years, making the jersey cut issues disappear. The custom sleeve design is intended to create the loop-illusion with truncated striping, which also is a stylization of the new logo. The new JETS crest is a combination of the old script logo and the oval. Overall, it's an updated look.

Home and Road

Alternates

AFC South

southteaser.png

Houston Texans: For the first time in team history, the Texans will have redesigned uniforms. The sleeves and pants designs are abstractions of the Texans logo, featuring the star and a banner type pattern that represents the Texas flag, to some extent. These uniforms simply scream Texas.

Home and Road

Alternates

Jacksonville Jaguars: I'm sure most fans were underwhelmed with the Jaguars' last redesign, as it took away a great identity and left a generic and cheap looking design. The old number font and color scheme returns, and the uniform style is a progression of the current piping. The teal-flake black helmet is kept, but the Jaguar logo on the helmet is now much larger. These uniforms make gold a focus, once again, and balance the color scheme.

Home and Road

Alternates

Indianpolis Colts: The Andrew Luck era is issued in with new uniforms that feature a darker blue and a simple update of the jerseys. The sleeves now include the Colts logo. Blue pants are also an added option, and the facemask has been changed to blue to make for a more complete look.

Home and Road

Alternates

Tennessee Titans: The Music City's NFL team will finally have a little bit of flare in the uniforms. The sleeve design has been updated to mock the flames in the Titans logo. Red is now included in the overall color scheme, and while the jersey style is simply updated, the pants have been changed from traditional stripes to a design that complements the overall look.

Home and Road

Alternates

**Update

**Update No. 2

AFC West

westteaser.png

San Diego Chargers: Navy blue is out of the Chargers color scheme. This new uniform set focuses on a variation of the classic powder blue and yellow. The new helmet includes numerals, which is a style of the older uniforms. Also, yellow pants are a special addition that will make for, once again, one of the more unique looks in pro sports. This uniform is simpler and more vibrant.

Home and Road

Alternate

Denver Broncos: Denver gets an update to the swoosh unis. I returned the primary jersey to blue because of preference. The new uniforms feature a modernization of the 1997 uniforms that became trademark for the team's look. The logo on the helmet is now larger. The logo is also now in the sleeves. The side panels are on this presentation are widened ever so slightly to be more visible for the sake of the concept.

Home and Road

Alternates

Kansas City Chiefs: Kansas City has one of the best NFL uniforms in my opinion, and that includes the logo on the helmet. I didn't touch much here. The sleeve and sock patterns are now stylized into a Native American pattern, while, from a distance, keeping sync with the current look. You will notice the addition of a wordmark as well.

Home and Road

Los Angeles Raiders: The Raiders move back to Los Angeles to satisfy the masses. With the move comes different uniforms for one of the few times in team history. The new jerseys feature a stripe that not only mimics a sword, but also is a nod to the USC Trojans uniforms. Wordmarks and trim are added to spice up the look a bit, too. And, the facemask is now black.

Home and Road

**Update

AFC North

northteaser.png

Pittsburgh Steelers: The Steelers new uniforms will feature an addition of grey trim to implement the notion that they are, in fact, the "Steel" ers. The sleeve stripe is simplified to solve the jersey cut problem, and the wordmark is added onto the jersey front.

Home and Road

Cincinnati Bengals: This could be the most progressive design in the series. Whenever I see Bengals concepts I see a return to the design from the 90s. I wanted to try something different and carry on the whackiest uniform in the NFL to new heights. The helmet now is designed to mesh with a black-orange-white color scheme, and ultimately make the Bengals look more like actual Bengal tigers. I've always actually liked the way the Bengals colors work with eachother, including the white in the jerseys, but it just isn't done with purpose in the current set.

Home and Road

Alternates

Baltimore Ravens: The Ravens get an update that includes the inevitable implementation of the Maryland flag into the design. The sleeves feature sublimated flag features. The gold is now more vegas gold. Sock stripes help rid of the leotard look that has haunted NFL viewers for years, and the pants get a fresh set of stripes as well.

Home and Road

Alternates

Cleveland Browns: Finally, the Browns helmet gets a logo. Also, you will notice is very brown. I wanted the new helmet to kind of give off an old, leather helmet vibe. The logo is also on the pants stripes as well. Not much changes in the jerseys, but the pants stripe on the whites are reversed back to the more sensical order. The orange britches are back too.

Home and Road

Alternates

**Update

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some good things are happening in this series. Miami, Denver, KC, and Tennessee look really good. One thing I noticed was the amount of outlines that aren't really needed due to how close the colors are. I would take them away from Pittsburgh, Indy, and Oakland just because the silvers are too close to white. I would bring back the orange helmet on Cleveland, and add some navy to help bold the colors used.

But you still have some great ideas, I would just make a few tweaks.

Whoa!! Great creativity. Most NFL rebrands turn out to have very minimal changes, but not this one, the Patriots, Dolphins, Bengals, Bills, Cheifs, Browns and Jaguars are my favorites. I don't really like the Texans and Titans additions on the sleeves, but that must be your personal preference. Also, you should probaboy have a Canadian flag on the back of the Toronto Bills' helmet. All in all, great work!!

Bills and the Pats are my favorites. AFC East is probably your strongest division, IMO.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I really like most of the uniforms you did. The Pats, Dolphins, Chiefs, Jets, and Chargers are my favorites. If there is a black sheep there it would be the Bills. The current color scheme is just fine and adding the navy ruins it.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Whoa!! Great creativity. Most NFL rebrands turn out to have very minimal changes, but not this one, the Patriots, Dolphins, Bengals, Bills, Cheifs, Browns and Jaguars are my favorites. I don't really like the Texans and Titans additions on the sleeves, but that must be your personal preference. Also, you should probaboy have a Canadian flag on the back of the Toronto Bills' helmet. All in all, great work!!

...You're probably right. haha

A lot of good stuff here. Ravens black alt is mean in all the right ways. The Bengals two tone helmet is an interesting take but I think the orange should dominate more, to better match up with the team history and to better match how white only appears of a tiger's underbelly.

Not feeling the Bills or Jets. The Texans looks nice but, after seeing your Pats concept, it looks like you repurposed a scrapped version of your Pats look for the Texans.

Love the Bills set! I always wanted to see how someone could incorporate the dark blue into the uniforms and you did a very good job! I'm also really digging your Raiders set, not too overboard with it. Overall great job!

@ New_Member I actually did the Texans concept first. It does have a very patriotic vibe to it, which is why I wanted to continue mimicking the bull logo by abstracting the horns on the sleeve/shoulder cut.

So far I'm going to have updates for the Browns, Titans and Raiders. And put the Canada flag on the Bills helmet, lol

I'm in love with that Denver set! Fantastic set of uniforms there. I know there has been some talk about the Cincinnati helmet, and my opinion is that it looks really nice. I think it goes well with the uniform you made for them.

@ jayjackson3

I originally started the Bengals set with the standard helmet, then started adding the white element into the jersey sleeves and saw a perfect opportunity to make the helmet crazy. When I initially did it I was kind of laughing at myself and preparing to delete the two-tone piece. But, the more I looked at it the more I realized it was something I could see HGI throwing up today or tomorrow. I decided on keeping it because it's something we've never really posted before, so no matter how many people yack it up I'm not changing it!

So, I'm glad some people like it! I knew I'd be in the minority

I like the Ravens, Colts, Chargers, Jets, Jaguars, and Broncos (Broncos in an odd way)! But, I do not like the navy on the Bills. I hate, HATE navy as a color on some teams.

But everything else looks decent. Try to stay away from some reverse lines (Baltimore's mustard gold before the purple is a good example. And too many shoulder yoke creations (Tennessee and Houston is a prime example).

I love everyone of these concepts except for the Bengals, Browns and Patriots as I would keep the orange helmet for the Bengals and Browns and change the logo on the Pats helmet. My favorite uniforms out of the AFC are the Chargers, Colts and Titans. Excellent job!

spacer.png

AFC East

Toronto Bills: Being that this would be their incarnation in Canada, I like your direction with the set, but something about the navy blue does not have me sold completely. I just wonder how it'd be with a red jersey in the mix.

Miami Dolphins: Absolutely perfect is this set! This is an untouchable look in my eyes.

New England Patriots: I can definitely appreciate the blend of eras within the set & I love the red alternate. Nothing bad to say.

New York Jets: I love that you made that Jets logo return & there is a nice cohesiveness among the whole thing.

AFC South

Houston Texans: You weren't lying went you mentioned that it screams Texas. I love this style for them & would really like to see them use this for real.

Jacksonville Jaguars: Definitely nice to see gold & the other old elements back. This set speaks for itself and it says "Excellence!"

Indianapolis Colts: Nice classy update, but as said before, I'd remove the silver. Just simple blue & white is needed. Other than that, this is nailed.

Tennessee Titans: I really like the minimal addition of red to the uniforms and the update itself.

AFC West

San Diego Chargers: Again, I love the mesh of modern and classic into one. This definitely works for the Chargers.

Denver Broncos: The set is nice, but I'm not to fond of the yoke on the away jersey; it might grow on me though.

Kansas City Chiefs: Like that you didn't go overboard on the tribal pattern and kept it to a minimum. Nice touch.

Oakland Raiders: The USC nod w/ the stripes is interesting, I like. Nice little touches on the Raiders, good look.

AFC East

Pittsburgh Steelers: Not feeling the grey too much on the set, but I like the idea. I did like it in the wordmark and number outline, just not on the stripes.

Cincinnati Bengals: I love the uniforms, but I'm not sold on the helmets, although I like the idea. I'd have to see them in live action. I'd suggest to keep toying with the helmet idea.

Baltimore Ravens: I love everything you did with my Ravens! Definitely enjoyed the set. I'd suggest making the black helmet with a purple flake, although I know that idea is pretty redundant.

Cleveland Browns: I like the idea to make the Browns brown, but I can't imagine them without orange helmets. I also feel the pants need stripes. But, nice idea to go beyond the typical.

I, personally, can't wait for your NFC rendition. Great stuff right here!

Archived