Best White Uniforms in Sports

Mitch B

The Panthers white uniform is ruined by the silver helmet (or white pants, depending on your view.) Silver / gold / yellow helmets require matching (or darker) pants, as the light colors clash with the white, IMO. Silver dome with white pants just isn't done much, especially at the pro level. Their black pants would be OK in this case.

I would humbly argue that the silver helmets and the bright panther blue striping and socks make the white on white stand out.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. The Panthers white uniform is ruined by the silver helmet (or white pants, depending on your view.) Silver / gold / yellow helmets require matching (or darker) pants, as the light colors clash with the white, IMO. Silver dome with white pants just isn't done much, especially at the pro level. Their black pants would be OK in this case.

I would usually agree, but the white on white looks so nice together that the helmet isn't as bad. And the black pants would be even worse, being so much darker than the silver helmet and white pants. A white helmet and jersey over black pants wouldn't be as bad, but a different colored helmet throws it off. In the all-white, a darker helmet, even just silver, looks fine.

Well matching helmet and pants is usually the best option, but I like the Patriots roads and Boston College's old roads with gold helmet and maroon pants.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The definition of a modern classic. Such a shame this couldn't be properly translated to the edge format. The current one is atrocious.

72307049crop650x440.jpg

It could have. Reebok gave them the option. The team decided to go with the newer look.

geoffrion-canadiens.jpg

Genius in its simplicity. I love this more and more as I get older.

Major props to the Bruins' whites and the Red Wings' whites, too.

IMHO, all of the original 6 NHL teams have great uniforms.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

The definition of a modern classic. Such a shame this couldn't be properly translated to the edge format. The current one is atrocious.

72307049crop650x440.jpg

It could have. Reebok gave them the option. The team decided to go with the newer look.

Where did you hear that? RBK claimed the all star pattern for Dallas wouldn't translate and those two striping patterns are very similar.

I'll do it by sport.

Baseball - Dodgers, Cubs, Yankees, Cards.

NBA - Celtics hands down. It's crisp, clean and simple.

NFL - Colts.

College Football - Texas and BYU.

NHL - Red Wings, Kings, Rangers, Oilers.

72307049crop650x440.jpg

Where did you hear that? RBK claimed the all star pattern for Dallas wouldn't translate and those two striping patterns are very similar.

I think the team came out and said it.

Archived