Worst White Uniforms in Sports

BadSeed84

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, I'd argue the other way against that. Setting aside the whole hatred of black nonsense that too many people spew, sometimes a limited burst of color (well, a "real" color that is) can actually help enhance the overall aesthetic...because it makes your eyes work a little bit harder to see them, and in turn, you begin to notice all the little subtleties.

This works best with eye-catching colors like red...and the Carolina Panthers' uniform set ia another good example. (To me, anyway.)

I mentioned the Red Wings, but differentiating the Hawks from the Devils and Hurricanes seems like a good idea, too. They do red over black on their white uniforms, and it works for them (well, for the Devils, at least. The Hurricanes look like garbage), but black over red works quite well for the Hawks. You just can't trust Vancouver on matters concerning the Blackhawks, though (just as I am to be discarded on the aesthetics of the Cannots).

Yeah, that electric blue the Panthers have is a good accent color, not such a good base color. I changed my mind a while ago on their blue alternates being full-time home uniforms. The Pirates are another one. I love the black/gold/grey combo on the roads.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

image.JPG

You posted this in the wrong thread.

(on a sidenote... WTF is Eli doing?)

Quick protein shake?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Having a less-attractive white uniform than your darker counterpart =/= worst white jersey.While the Blackhawks or Canadians white jerseys are a notch below the red uniforms, they are still miles above a white Stars or Penguins jersey.

team_photo_470x440.jpg

It doesn't help that they've worn it for like 75% of their games the last few seasons.

Unpopular opinion alert: This and their brown over white are two of my favorite looks in the NFL. I actually prefer them over the orange pants.

Seconded. I think the brown pants look better than the orange pants.

Sigs are for sissies.

Ugh, those look like some cosmic slop. That is just the paragon of ugliness right there—like college football's model of perfection of what ugly is supposed to look like...almost like Flavor Flav in that way. What Flav is to human ugliness, those are to football uniform ugliness.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

32-42267-J.jpg

This would be miles better without the useless Tampa Bay text. We know they're from Tampa Bay. The city name, in fact the whole team name is already on the shoulder patch. The announcers on TV will be saying "Tampa Bay" over and over again. The announcers in-arena will also be saying "Tampa Bay" on occasion. Not to mention the majority of NHL fans know that the team with the lightning bolt on their jersey is from Tampa (Bay).

The text isn't on the home jersey, so why should it be on this one? The Bolts wanted their new look to be "simple and iconic", but the text both clutters up the jersey and takes away from the simplicity of the uniform, which sort of defeats the purpose.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Actually, I'd argue the other way against that. Setting aside the whole hatred of black nonsense that too many people spew, sometimes a limited burst of color (well, a "real" color that is) can actually help enhance the overall aesthetic...because it makes your eyes work a little bit harder to see them, and in turn, you begin to notice all the little subtleties.

This works best with eye-catching colors like red...and the Carolina Panthers' uniform set ia another good example. (To me, anyway.)

You shouldn't have to struggle to see red on the team's away jersey when the home consists primarily of the colour. The pants are already black so the shade was going to be dominant anyways. Making the stripes and numbers pre-dominantly black is just overkill. Looks black and white on the ice which is why it's an unsuccessful design

To be fair, I thought the white jersey from this Miami Hurricanes set looked pretty damned good paired with their green pants. Orange pants made it look like crap.

RTRR2NI2.jpg

EDIT: Upon further thought. I'll go out on a limb and say that all of Miami's white jersey/orange pants combos over the years sucked. The U's white jerseys always looked better paired with green or white pants IMO. Maybe white-on-orange would look better if they reversed the colors of the number (orange with green outline).

Hotter Than July > Thriller

32-42267-J.jpg

This would be miles better without the useless Tampa Bay text. We know they're from Tampa Bay. The city name, in fact the whole team name is already on the shoulder patch. The announcers on TV will be saying "Tampa Bay" over and over again. The announcers in-arena will also be saying "Tampa Bay" on occasion. Not to mention the majority of NHL fans know that the team with the lightning bolt on their jersey is from Tampa (Bay).

The text isn't on the home jersey, so why should it be on this one? The Bolts wanted their new look to be "simple and iconic", but the text both clutters up the jersey and takes away from the simplicity of the uniform, which sort of defeats the purpose.

It'd be a terrible design even without the unnecessary text as the colours and striping are the very definition of derivative. It's blue counterpart would come very close to topping the list of a "Worst Dark Uniform In Sports" Thread.

To be fair, I thought the white jersey from this Miami Hurricanes set looked pretty damned good paired with their green pants. Orange pants made it look like crap.

RTRR2NI2.jpg

EDIT: Upon further thought. I'll go out on a limb and say that all of Miami's white jersey/orange pants combos over the years sucked. The U's white jerseys always looked better paired with green or white pants IMO. Maybe white-on-orange would look better if they reversed the colors of the number (orange with green outline).

I agree even though I'm a Miami fan. Only with those pants do I agree though. The shiny/metallic orange pants looked weird, and the pants stripe didn't work on those, but the way the new material is, it looks much better IMO. I also feel like the green pants paired with the current set make it look a bit too dull, because of all the green in it.

132483633_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived