Worst White Uniforms in Sports

BadSeed84

It'd be a terrible design even without the unnecessary text as the colours and striping are the very definition of derivative. It's blue counterpart would come very close to topping the list of a "Worst Dark Uniform In Sports" Thread.

Aside from its comparisons to the Leafs and Red Wings, purely from an aesthetic perspective what's wrong with the jersey design itself?

OttawaSenators.png

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The runaway winner (loser):

image.JPG

As a stand alone jersey, I have no issues with these. However, when paired with the blue helmet and pants with blue stripes, this becomes one of the worst uniforms in the NFL. If the jerseys has a trace of blue, this wouldn't be that bad of a set, although I still don't like the Giants in gray pants.

image.JPG

As a stand alone jersey, I have no issues with these. However, when paired with the blue helmet and pants with blue stripes, this becomes one of the worst uniforms in the NFL. If the jerseys has a trace of blue, this wouldn't be that bad of a set, although I still don't like the Giants in gray pants.

Agreed. Grey and white should never be paired together. EVER.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

image.JPG

When paired with a matching gray/silver helmet, it doesn't look so bad. Detroit and Oakland look fine on the road. If Dallas had matching silvers (preferably the green-blue-silver), they wouldn't look so bad either.

image.JPG

When paired with a matching gray/silver helmet, it doesn't look so bad. Detroit and Oakland look fine on the road. If Dallas had matching silvers (preferably the green-blue-silver), they wouldn't look so bad either.

ok, ill bite. THAT is the picture you chose?

image.JPG

Manning says he'll bite as well.

image.JPG

I honestly didn't even pay attention to the details of the photo when I chose it. I just did a quick image search and chose a photo that showed the full uniform. LOL

image.JPG

Unpopular, but I've grown to love this look. In recent history it reminds me of the Pack losing in the playoffs twice to them in those unis, but I can't deny I love the look.

Agreed. I never understood why the Giants' grey pants get so much hate around here. Especially when everyone seems to love the Cunningham-era Eagles unis.

That said, I still say this is the best the Giants have ever looked.

2002_NYGiants.png

image.JPG

Unpopular, but I've grown to love this look. In recent history it reminds me of the Pack losing in the playoffs twice to them in those unis, but I can't deny I love the look.

Agreed. I never understood why the Giants' grey pants get so much hate around here. Especially when everyone seems to love the Cunningham-era Eagles unis.

That said, I still say this is the best the Giants have ever looked.

2002_NYGiants.png

I thought the Giants went with red socks with this white uniform?

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

1349399309_6102_aj%20green.jpg

These are actually the only Bengals unis that I find tolerable. That stupid white side panel on the black and orange jerseys kills the entire thing for me.

Yep, the original poster stated "Lets post pics of White uniforms we feel is definitely worse then the teams color or gray (for baseball) uniform!", so even if we agree that all the Bengals uniforms are bad, I can't agree that the white is worse than the black.

image.JPG

Runner-up:

steelers-hines-ward-superbowl-xl.jpg

You're crazy.

Are you referring to my choice of the Giants, the Steelers, or both? If it's the Steelers, it's because of the yellow pants paired with the black helmet. The Packers set works with yellow pants because the helmet and pants balance one another. The Steelers would be well-served to wear black pants with a yellow stripe when wearing the white jerseys.

image.JPG

You posted this in the wrong thread.

(on a sidenote... WTF is Eli doing?)

Quick protein shake?

I'm throwing in a late nomination for POTD.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

image.JPG

Runner-up:

You're crazy.

Are you referring to my choice of the Giants, the Steelers, or both? If it's the Steelers, it's because of the yellow pants paired with the black helmet. The Packers set works with yellow pants because the helmet and pants balance one another. The Steelers would be well-served to wear black pants with a yellow stripe when wearing the white jerseys.

You're still crazy.

No contest.

3kXQv.jpg

How appropriate these and their navy counterparts were worn during the franchise's darkest period.

Biggest downgrade from the introduction of the "EDGE" jerseys. Their identity before was so unique. No other team in pro sports looked like them. Ironically, their identity upon being "edged" was also unique, but for all the wrong reasons.

image.JPG

Runner-up:

You're crazy.

You're still crazy.

No he isn't. The Steelers look awful both home and away. They're in my bottom third.

PvO6ZWJ.png

image.JPG

Runner-up:

You're crazy.

You're still crazy.

No he isn't. The Steelers look awful both home and away. They're in my bottom third.

You can say that the road whites could be tweaked a little better. You can even say that the number should be a block font. However, saying that they look "awful" on both the home and away is quite the statement. Not even considering the history and success that is associated with the home uniform, the gold pants/black jersey/black helmet combo is a solid combination. Nowhere near the worst. I will say this though. There are a couple things that the Steelers need on both the home and away.

1) The aforementioned block number font needs to come back.

2) The Steelers need to tweak their shoulder stripes. I can't stand the way they cut off with the new template. They need to find a way so that every stripe is visible for every player.

3) Add a black pants option for the road.

4) Go back to this throwback set...

Steelers-34-Rashard-Mendenhall-Black-With-Yellow-Number-Authentic-youth-NFL-Alternate-Jersey.jpg

...but use gold pants like their 1953 set had.

ec8f8c89a62146283117d7ff5007e4e2fe96abd5.jpg?x=744&y=574&sig=4aa7035d0392c20e8c19e7b78388a793

0ea90730fa98012fe18b0651564f4ea7e59aa5db.jpg?x=313&y=450&sig=5a4600c783168bc6ff61401ea727b648

Archived