Worst White Uniforms in Sports

BadSeed84

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20121223_jla_sh2_181.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Yeah, I went there. The idea is good in concept but fails in execution. There's a lot wrong with it.

Totally agree. Throw away the light blue/powder blue pants.

Switch back to the silver-gray pants that matches their helmets instead:

aaa-76224.jpg

Its a much meaner look in my opinion.

How did everything end up so mismatched to begin with?

Supposedly back in the day when TVs had much lower definition and the colors weren't as sharp, the Cowboys' shade of blueish-grayish pants would show up as gray on a regular TV. Now that TV color is much clearer, the real color shows up.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Supposedly back in the day when TVs had much lower definition and the colors weren't as sharp, the Cowboys' shade of blueish-grayish pants would show up as gray on a regular TV. Now that TV color is much clearer, the real color shows up.

These pictures indicate the change happened in the Aikmen era though.

Troy_Aikman_Photo3_mid.jpg

TroyAikman_display_image.jpg?1311232156

The Cowboy's jersey numbers and pants changed (for the worse) in the 90's.

Chargers.jpg

I find the Chargers' current uniforms very bland, particularly their all-white look. The lightning bolts on the pants and helmet are hard to see on my TV.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

20121223_jla_sh2_181.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Yeah, I went there. The idea is good in concept but fails in execution. There's a lot wrong with it.

By far the worst. It annoys me so much while watching a 'Boys game. The mismatched silver AND blue? Someone should slap whoever approves that (probably Jerry). And what bugs me the most is they own the right pair of pants because they wear them with the blue tops (which look great wish they wore them at home). Silver and navy blue are great together, but not grey/green, royal lue, silver and navy all tossed together.

220px-Demorrio_Williams.JPG

These things look like upside down tampons.

Well that's a visual we didn't need...

We might need to have a talk on the female anatomy if you think that would be upside down.

I was talking about more when it's out, getting ready to hit the trashcan in my bathroom. I mean "Our" bathroom.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

I flipped through all of the early games today and I know the Cleveland Browns uniforms have a historic value, but that all-white look with the orange helmet looks too bland and boring. I'd hate to see a classic team go with a modern look, but they need to do something. I don't know what that "something" would be, but they need to do something with that away uniform.

Jerry Jones is colour blind, which makes fixing the Cowboys' colours almost impossible. He won't sign off on the necessary changes because, as far as he's concerned, there's nothing wrong.

Wasn't Jerry Jones. From what I read, it was Tex Schramm.

From what I saw and did some research in the GUD website, seems that Schramm ditched the royal blue and the matching metallic cyan pants in 1981. Let me write that in bold print (Schramm ditched the royal blue and the matching metallic cyan pants in 1981).

So this weirdo decided to kind of darken the jerseys in 1981 with a dark royal blue and then use a silver similar to the helmets and even made the helmets match the silver from their dark royal blue jerseys.

Don't blame that yellow teeth bastard Jerry Jones. In 1981, it was all Schramm's doing.

You have to love the GUD website for this insite. I saw the looks by the years and you can pinpoint when something like this would happen.

Jerry Jones is colour blind, which makes fixing the Cowboys' colours almost impossible. He won't sign off on the necessary changes because, as far as he's concerned, there's nothing wrong.

From what I saw and did some research in the GUD website, seems that Schramm ditched the royal blue and the matching metallic cyan pants in 1981. Let me write that in bold print (Schramm ditched the royal blue and the matching metallic cyan pants in 1981).

So this weirdo decided to kind of darken the jerseys in 1981 with a dark royal blue and then use a silver similar to the helmets and even made the helmets match the silver from their dark royal blue jerseys.

Don't blame that yellow teeth bastard Jerry Jones. In 1981, it was all Schramm's doing.

You have to love the GUD website for this insite. I saw the looks by the years and you can pinpoint when something like this would happen.

True that was the start of the mismatch between the white and the dark uniforms - but the pants worn with the white jerseys weren't the seasick silver/green/blue of today they were still what you call the "metallic cyan" (even though they weren't really metallic back then). I believe it also took them until 1982 to move all the helmets to that "in-between" silver blue that wasn't as blue as in previous years but also wasn't as silver as the "true silver" pants but I could be wrong on that. You also can't look at a photo from that era of a player like Staubach who wore a clear-shell helmet - the Marietta/MaxPros and MacGregor/Kelleys always came out looking more "silver" than say a Riddell that was painted on the exterior of the shell. That current silver/green/blue came about on Jerry's watch; probably when they changed suppliers during the late 1980s/early 1990s.

Also the old silver blue was prone to some terrible fading. Some years (like 1975/76) they looked really "blue" - almost as blue as the Titans columbia blue pants - and other years (197/78) they faded to an odd almost purplish blotch by the end of the season. Check out photos from the Cowboys win over the Broncos in the Super Bowl at the end of that season.

I still blame Jones because according to what you said, Schramm ditched the royal blue and cyan pants, which suck.

How have we moved through five pages yet these haven't been touched yet? The numbers are muddled, the white looks plain...

091612-NFL-Miami-Dolphins-PI_20120916165617411_660_320.JPG

Completely remove all navy on the uniform and this is a perfect uniform for the Dolphins and southern Florida. I love FL teams in all-white. It's right.

Archived