Just in from my sources...

Puckguy14

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if this were a hoax, why wouldn't i like it.  this is just horrible.  another excuse for fans to run out and get new merchandise for a team that is "supposedly" losing $15 mil a year and that's WITH playoff revenue

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

This is such bull.  Why would someone go through the trouble of redrawing new logos just to leak "breaking" news?  Nice try, though.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I don't think this is a joke, but if it is, don't think of puckguy as trying to really hoax us. It is April Fools day, and although YH tried to get this stuff in a seperate thread as a contest, it is ok to have a little fun. I wouldn't be surprised if this is true though. We will know by tommorow though, right? So don't get to upset...

I'm keeping an open mind.

Either Puckguy's gone to a lot of trouble (which he has anyway), or this is some quality breaking news. Better than CNN, I tell you. This is where the real news breaks. :;):

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

thats nothing, syphi. you should have heard the april fool's prank two morning jocks on 107.7 FM pulled this morning.

they had everyone listening convinced the Sharks ownership group was about to sell to an investment group that would relocate the franchise to of all places....get this...WINNIPEG!  :laugh:

they even went through the trouble of having a sportswriter from the SF Chronicle call in and talk about the "pending move".

I about made BROWN in my drawers until I began to realize that it was a bunch of BROWN STUFF!  :D

LOL at the 107.7 Bone morning jocks... Lamont and Tonelli are awesome. I remember a few years ago when they prank called some of the Dallas Stars during the playoffs... classic stuff.

As for the Sharks logo, yeah nobody should change that thing. Maybe touch up the jerseys and get rid of that darned 3rd they have.

Paul

Gonzaga University

GO ZAGS!!!

sanjosesharks.gif

they had everyone listening convinced the Sharks ownership group was about to sell to an investment group that would relocate the franchise to of all places....get this...WINNIPEG!  :laugh:

That's nothing to joke about.  :angry:

They sure would be appreciated here unlike some of the other southern U.S. hawkey teams they've got down there (and by this I do not mean San Jose, one of the southern cities that does support their team, props to them).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

hee hee

My gut says prank...and a pretty good one too! The only reason I doubt it is because the shark fin logo looks like a raster cut and paste. Or it's just very rough vector art. If I'm wrong than I'm the fool.

Way to get the community going Puckguy, we're all hanging on the cliff now!

The guy who is now nameless, fixed them up so they would come out better.  Originally they were small scans and fixed them up.  Hence why the teeth on the typeface isn't dead on.

I'm pushing him to find the primary logo.  When he sends it, I'll post it.

BTW, on a somewhat similar note, my Teal Town Zone logo will be here on April 6th, when the Sharks season *sobbing* is over!  Oh wait, it was over before you even said Training Camp.

Subj: Team Teal logos

Date: 4/2/2003 12:50:36 PM Pacific Standard Time

To: Puckguy14

Erik,

On Sunday for HP Fan Appreciation Day the Tank Patrol will conduct a survey on fans to see if they would like a new logo or stay the same.  If you're coming to the game, I'll be at the Silent Auction table with the concept the team is working on.  As for colors, pacific teal, darker grey, and a darker burnt orange to the current colors.  Have a good one, and go Sharks!

To put what he said in English for those who haven't experienced Sharks games at the Shark Tank, the Tank Patrol are the ones who give away items and do "semi-crazy" antics with the self proclaimed "hardest working fish in the NHL" SJ Sharkie.  And yes, our fan appreciation day is sponsored.  UGH!  This sounds like a 3-d logo ala the flyers.  I'll keep ya posted.

the sharks don't need to make any changes, their current logo is one of those rare ones they got right on the first try.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Verrrrry interesting...

Like others, I thought this was a prank.  But this is obviously taking a turn for the factual.  Amazing...

I'm also disappointed in the change.  I thought the original Sharks sweaters were way cooler than their current duds.  If they were to change, it could only get worse, IMO.

But, that being said, I thought I'd throw a little concept together using some of the clues shared by Puckguy's source.  Using the modified fin logo as a crest, and the old Anaheim alts as a guide, this is what I'm seeing as the potential new Sharks white or "road" jersey:

NHLSJSX.gif

Hmm...  ???

Thanks to Roger Clemente for the template and modified resources, TheSLE for the NHL and shoulder logos, and Puckguy14 for the fin crest.

EDIT -- Aw crap!  I forgot to edit out some of the junk on the side there.  It's too late at night for me to screw with it and fix it.  Oh well...  You guys can see some of the ideas I was messing with and laugh!  :D

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

That has to be the idea, although I think the primary Shark logo would be out front.  Now that I see that fin logo on a jersey, it doesn't look TOO bad.

It doesn't look TOO bad, I agree, but it doesn't look as good as the current logo. It's a classic in a modern kind of way. They haven't even begun to unlock the potential jerseys (both bad and good) that logo could spawn.

Didn't AvengersHockey (was that the name) make a Sharks logo? I seem to remember something like that, with a full body shark encircling San Jose text. Could somebody give me a hand with that one?

It'd be interesting to see a head to head comparison of Frylock's jersey using the fin and using the current primary.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived