Just in from my sources...

Puckguy14

I just noticed there are three shades of teal in that logo........cool!

And yes the shark is grey, not black.  A very VERY dark shade of grey.  (But then again, it's the same grey that every black logo is.)  I actually wouldn't mind a real grey shark.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah...  I really am digging that modified Sharks crest!  I just hope they don't screw up the new sweaters too much.  Personally, if they used that modified primary and modified alt on the original sweater design, I would be one happy dude.

Anyhow, here's my original concept from a couple days ago with the modified crest...

EDIT -- WTF???  I'm gonna have to repost this image later.  The logo is all wrong -- no orange in the stick.  Stay tuned...

NHLSJSX2.gif

Template and resources courtesy Roger Clemente, NHL logo courtesy TheSLE, and Sharks logos courtesy Puckguy14.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Frylock:  That is a great jersey.  It didn't work for the Ducks, but it looks good for the Sharks.  I can't say those biten numbers add much too it, but it's a nice touch.

Here's four ideas I made using the new logo (copy and paste):

http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx...s/Sharks-14.gif

http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx...s/Sharks-15.gif

http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx...s/Sharks-16.gif

http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx...s/Sharks-17.gif

I want really much for them to utilize more than one shade of teal.  I think I'd work.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

You guys are awesome!  All those ideas are great.  But according to how my buddy has been saying, I would have to believe that Frylock's jersey is probably the closest to the real thing.

BTW, i think the Shark is supposed to be black and just came out charcoal.  Assume that is black guys until I know for sure.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Wow, great work everybody. My favourite so far has been RC's 3rd one (Sharks-16.gif). I must say though that I don't think the lightest shade of teal works well on these jerseys. It's too... I don't know... light.

Anyway, great work Snow, RC, and Frylock. And btw, Frylock, leave the logo as is. So what if it's a bit grainy. Looks better without the burnt orange.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Having burned the midnight oil... and the 1 AM oil... and getting close to starting on the 2 AM oil... I present to you, my San Jose Sharks Logo Edit (copy&paste or click&drag).

sjshrksEdit.gif

I included most of the suggestions I made earlier. I personally like it better, you'll have to decide for yourself. And while I don't really like that really light teal colour at the top of the triangle, I couldn't think of anything better.

Comments? Criticisms? Suggestions?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

The new logo is actually a relief to all I'm sure. It's another one of those Eagles-49ers-Dolphins-Saints updates. Just using the modern technology to sharpen up the look of it...funny saying that about a 1991 logo. I like it, but how can you not if you liked the original?

In regards to Syphi'd logo:

looks like what I was also working on for a modified new logo, so, I like it.

things to change:

put some tape on end of stick

make outline all one color

reduce it to one shade of teal.  That's what really annoys me on the new logo.

Great work.

now that above is something I could live with. however I feel some sort of lighter teal piping could be added between the teal and gray panels on the home and white piping between the gray and black panels on the road. otherwise it wouldnt be worth buying a new jersey for just a different crest

Using same template as they now use, with some color swaps, I give you another Sharks design.  It uses two shades of teal.  I wasn't sure where to put the sleeve numbers, so I left numbers and shoulder logos off.

Sharks home and away.

BE SURE AND SCROLL DOWN TO SEE THE WHITE JERSEY!!

Roger, Puckguy, and SyPhi -- Thanks for the kind words!  It turned out better than I thought.  Personally, I can go either way with the stick color.  I like the burnt orange shades, as it makes this stick look somewhat "realistic."  However, the silver or gray stick utilizes an existing color in the logo.

For a more accurate representation of what I was trying to do (before my original .bmp file got screwed up in the conversion) click here.

Roger -- Really like striping on your #16 concept!  Don't know about the different shades of teal, though...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Hey guys!  I got home fromthe game and saw it.  Well, it's different.  I make it up on the template because ding song here forgot his camera.  It should be up tonight!  TTYL

i wasnt asked but i asked around section 210 today and they said no change.  although there is a contingency that would like a new black 3rd jersey.  im working on the home jersey, once finished i will post the official home jersey for next season.

Archived