Minnesota Vikings Concept Stadium

South of South Street

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great work! However as a landscape architecture student i cant help but be mad at your flat, static lawns! B)

All joking aside, awesome concept. I love the idea of having the stadium shell being the hull of the ship and exposing some of the structural support as the oars. very creative. Maybe a little cheesy but really, really cool

What kind of software are you using for the 3d modeling, rendering etc? Ive often wanted to try and build one of my imagined stadiums in rhino and render it but i just cant find the time. Great to see some really unique sports concepts on here that aren't just uniforms.

Thanks. I use a mox of Autocad / Autodesk Max / Photoshop. And I too think I need some work in the landscaoe department.

The only gripe I have here is whether or not the Vikings or their fans actually refer to them as the purple and gold. The Vikings are really more of a purple and white team that uses gold trim.

Any chance you could do the Raiders next? I smell an opportunity to bring the NFL its first colored field.

My first instinct is to grill you solely on what the material and structural system is for the skin. That said, the concept is fine, and its pulling itself off well aesthetically. As a precedent you should look at the Vikingskipet in Hamar, Norway (otherwise know as the place where Dan Jansen finally won a damn medal). It has the same concept, but executed in a much smaller stadium.

I'd take the time to truly figure the skin out. That should solve the issues that others have about some of the shapes resolving themselves.

(Also, I figured you had already looked at Ingalls, and wanted to give you another one)

I love the way the ceiling looks with the natural light coming in. One thing to think about with that is glare, especially on kicks. The Astrodome initially had glass window panes, but the players had a hard time seeing pop flies. They ended up painting the glass, thus killing the grass, and astroturf was introduced.

Still, a cloth retractable "drape" could be cool, if it worked in the cold weather. The other events there could enjoy the sunlight.

Nice work again!

The "glass" roof would be more translucent than clear. Thats just a rendering method to getthe natural light idea across.

First off, absolutely incredible! Stadium concepts are some of my favorites. The entire structure is layed out beautifully. I especially love the bowl seating, exposed roof support design, and the "Rows" on the exterior. There are two things that bug me though. I'm not a big fan of the Club Seating level being grey/silved seats. Either keep purple for all 3 tiers or use yellow if your looking for that contrast between sections. The silver/grey looks very strange with a gold/yellow accented team, which leads me to my 2nd point. The skin on the exterior of the "ship" (Which is another thing that I really enjoy about this concept, Vikings lived on their ships, a Vikings team should play in a "ship", perfect) is silver/grey. It would look much more ship like if it had more of a natural wood/light brown finish on it instead of the metallic.

That's just my 2 cents on it. Like I said, absolutely love the design of the stadium, would be perfect for the team.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Archived