Minnesota Vikings Concept Stadium

South of South Street

I really like the updated images with the wood skin.

I can honestly say that I like this better than some of the other schematic concepts than have leaked out. As out there as some of those designs have been, I'm surprised that nobody was bold enough to really grab hold of a viking ship theme. An earlier design for the Metrodome site did have a very subtle play on this with wood paneling, but nowhere near what you're trying to pull off.

As literal as this design is from front to end, my eye REALLY wants to see a sail-like structure in the middle of it. I would love to see if something like this could be pulled off on some kind of a suspended roof design.

Absolutely love the fact that you went with Land O' Lakes on the naming rights. That would be a dream corporate sponsorship for this project! Unfortunately, word is that Target will make a strong run at this one too (because they really need a Stadium to complement their Field and their Center).

This design demands a nice sized reflecting pool on one end to really show this beast off as FOX returns from commercial break.

Vikings-on-verge-of-landing-new-stadium-0G1F7JGA-x-large.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the updated images with the wood skin.

I can honestly say that I like this better than some of the other schematic concepts than have leaked out. As out there as some of those designs have been, I'm surprised that nobody was bold enough to really grab hold of a viking ship theme. An earlier design for the Metrodome site did have a very subtle play on this with wood paneling, but nowhere near what you're trying to pull off.

As literal as this design is from front to end, my eye REALLY wants to see a sail-like structure in the middle of it. I would love to see if something like this could be pulled off on some kind of a suspended roof design.

Absolutely love the fact that you went with Land O' Lakes on the naming rights. That would be a dream corporate sponsorship for this project! Unfortunately, word is that Target will make a strong run at this one too (because they really need a Stadium to complement their Field and their Center).

This design demands a nice sized reflecting pool on one end to really show this beast off as FOX returns from commercial break.

Vikings-on-verge-of-landing-new-stadium-0G1F7JGA-x-large.jpg

I struggled with the concept of a sail. Its a tough one. And I could not make it work without looking "crazy".

I sure would like some one other than Target as a title sponsor and went with Land O Lakes because it is so Minnesota sounding.

And i do have a small reflecting pool (youll see a huge one in my up coming Dolphns Stadium concept) but I do agree that a larger one would be better.

Thanks for the comment.

Archived