Maps with sports logos on them

RoughRiders99

One of my favorite promotional pieces, ESPNU's "Divided States of America"

espn-poster-500px.jpg

Of course, it's not an accurate description of fanhoods, but it is a really cool piece none the less

I was searching for a larger image of the Divided States of America and came across videos on this website that feature them: http://cargocollecti...om/steele/espnu

Tf9TG.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

espn-poster-500px.jpg

Of course, it's not an accurate description of fanhoods, but it is a really cool piece none the less

I was searching for a larger image of the Divided States of America and came across videos on this website that feature them: http://cargocollecti...om/steele/espnu

world's largest free-standing letter ever fabricated

WTF? no way that's true... the A in Anaheim has to be 10 times bigger

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

espn-poster-500px.jpg

Has anyone been able to find a larger image?

espn-poster-500px.jpg

"FREE STANDING" Though? That means without any supports.

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

• 1 month later...

They should have it so the Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, and Phillies have stakes in Florida, and then the Marlins have one little tiny piece belonging to one fan. The Diamondbacks don't have THAT many fans either.

Even from a pure geographical standpoint, the Marlins shouldnt go above Orlando, let alone the Panhandle or southern parts of Georgia. I know people in the Panhandle (that aren't northern transplants) are usually Braves or possibly Rays fansb but Marlins, that's a stretch.

As a native Jacksonvillian and FSU student, the main teams here are Braves, Yankees, Red Sox, and Cardinals. Rays fans have popped up quite a bit in the past few years, and there's virtually no Marlins fans. Pretty much anywhere north of Lake Okeechobee is Rays or Braves territory. Most people in North Florida despise South Florida, so we tend to root for the non-Miami teams.

k0n60Gj.png

floridastateseminoles_sig1.png

No, the Blue Jays most definitely aren't supported by all of Canada. In the Maritimes, there are a lot of Red Sox fans, the Twins are very popular in Manitoba, and BC mainly supports Seattle, and even in Southwestern Ontario, the Tigers have a large fanbase.

In Halifax, it's the Blue Jays and Red Sox are #1 and #1A, while the Yankees have a decent sized fanbase. Plus, lots of Expos hats can still be seen around town.

They should have it so the Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, and Phillies have stakes in Florida, and then the Marlins have one little tiny piece belonging to one fan. The Diamondbacks don't have THAT many fans either.

Even from a pure geographical standpoint, the Marlins shouldnt go above Orlando, let alone the Panhandle or southern parts of Georgia. I know people in the Panhandle (that aren't northern transplants) are usually Braves or possibly Rays fansb but Marlins, that's a stretch.

As a native Jacksonvillian and FSU student, the main teams here are Braves, Yankees, Red Sox, and Cardinals. Rays fans have popped up quite a bit in the past few years, and there's virtually no Marlins fans. Pretty much anywhere north of Lake Okeechobee is Rays or Braves territory. Most people in North Florida despise South Florida, so we tend to root for the non-Miami teams.

There are more Yankees fans here in Miami the Marlins fans... (Me being Mets :D)

True2OB.png

For what it's worth, I think the United Countries of Baseball was inspired by this map. Not sure what the Common Census map looked like when the UCoB map was created though. That temporal difference may account for any discrepancies.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

A map I would be interested in seeing, unlike most of these, would be one for RSN carriage, which as Iowans know all too well is not necessarily congruent with the baseball territory map. It would probably be pretty hard to do, you'd have to do it like zip code by zip code, but it'd be a cool resource. I bet you could crowdsource it to the 506ers.

I kinda found it!

cache_2852890804.jpg

Should be bigger and more detailed, though.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 months later...

Heh, Coincidentally before I saw this thread I just finished up making a map for the 2013 US Open Cup teams for the fun of it...... (2 teams still haven't qualified and will be added when they do)

usocmap_zpsd3a1db2f.jpg

Things get a little cramped in some spots unfortunately....

USMNT-1.png

I printed this out on thick photo paper for my (then) 4 YO son so he could learn the teams. He still has it up in his room and grabs it every game day to see where the Skins' opponent is from or where the game is being played.

nfl_2011map_b.gif

87Redskins.png

When I see the fanbase maps, I always notice something. In New York, the "secondary" teams are basically relegated to Long Island, while the big dog gets the entire rest of the state. The Islanders I can understand, obviously, but how come the Jets and Mets have such limited and specific spheres of influence?

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived