2013 Hockey World Juniors

FGM13

Well, it looks like nobody cares about this enough to make a topic about it, so I will.

Who will win? Who will be the underdogs?How will Canada fare?Answer these questions however you want, because it's World Junior Time!

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say I was very impressed by Team USA today. I know it was just Germany, but there is some filthy skill on that team and Galchenyuks line could dominate. Especially happy to see Caps 6th round pick Riley Barber on his line, he should be able to pile up points alongside that stud. Habs got a good one. Grimaldi and JT Miller have got some good hands too. Canada looks to have the team to beat but their goaltending is a bit suspect from what I hear.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I must say I was very impressed by Team USA today. I know it was just Germany, but there is some filthy skill on that team and Galchenyuks line could dominate. Especially happy to see Caps 6th round pick Riley Barber on his line, he should be able to pile up points alongside that stud. Habs got a good one. Grimaldi and JT Miller have got some good hands too. Canada looks to have the team to beat but their goaltending is a bit suspect from what I hear.

Malcom Subban should not be starting. He has tons of potential but he's been shaky in his pre-tournament game and on wednesday. Jordan Binnington is solid and made some huge key saves in his pre-tourney game.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

The Slovakian should have kept his head up, but it looked like Camara's elbow was high. I say Dirty.

America is going to win the Gold, because John Gibson is a beast.

It's hard to see at full speed, but any contact Camara made with Luza was with his shoulder. His elbows come up a bit once Luza is in the air though.

As far as Gibson goes, yes he is an absolute beast. Watching him play here in Kitchener these two years has been amazing. He's nothing the Canadian team won't be able to handle however :D

Well, guy shouldve had his head up. Camara didnt go for the puck at all, but i'd say its a clean hit.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Apparently after the hit one of the refs told Camara he thought it was clean. The only reason he was kicked out was because the player got injured, which really shouldn't matter if the hit is clean. I'm just glad that it didn't effect the end result of the game. So far this Canadian team hasn't really impressed me that much. Considering at least a half a dozen of these players would be in the NHL if it weren't for the lockout, they should not be getting a scare like that from Slovakia. While Subban hasn't looked like the second coming of Carey Price or Steve Mason, I think all the hate is unwarranted. He hasn't allowed a goal in the third period so far and keeps composed.

USA played terrible. Seth Jones was the worst player on the ice. I will give a lot of credit to Canada though, once they got the lead they trapped that neutral zone like nobodys business. Subban was outstanding, but so was Gibson. I think Phil Housley got Galchenyuk on the ice as little as possible after the 1st period. I didnt think he played well and maybe he was sending a message but when you need a win you need your best player out there.

Archived