NFL 2013 Part Two: NFC Redesigned (UPDATE 3/23,SEA UPDATE

Brave-Bird 08

NFC

NFC South

nfcsouthteaser.png

New Orleans Saints:New Orleans keeps a classy look, and possibly gets classier. I've never liked how plain the Saints jerseys are, nor have I liked the way the pants stripes don't match the helmet stripes. This Saints design brings some continuity to the look. The jerseys are inspired by the throwbacks the Saints have worn recently, and the number font has been changed to better echo the identity. The white numbers and white pants are a nod to the Archie Manning era, as well.

Home and Road

Alternates

Atlanta Falcons: Atlanta has a generic template to begin with, which was made worse when NC State and Russell Athletic copied it. The alternate red uniforms being the primaries has been a gimmick for too long, since 2004, and the unity of the overall design has not been there since the black jerseys and black pants were ditched. This uniform set brings back the home and road looks that were intended in 2003 when the new uniforms were unveiled. Also, silver pants are an addition as an alternate to resurrect the road look from the Dan Reeves era--arguably one of the best Falcons looks ever.

Home and Road

Alternates

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: These Buccaneers threads bring an entirely new attitude to the team. Instead of resorting back to creamsicle, I decided to keep one of the best color schemes in sport and try to enhance it. Tampa Bay's uniforms have been very plain and vanilla since being introduced in 97. I wanted to really bring out the orange accents in the jersey, as well as make a more intimidating uniform. I made a custom number font that is based on the practice-jersey font the team used to wear. I also want to warn--the alternates are not for the light-hearted.

Home and Road

Alternates

Carolina Panthers:k Panthers are black, and I wanted to make that an emphasis. I also really liked the concept helmet that floated around for a while of the oversized logo on a solid black lid, so that's what you get here! The number font is custom to add some character, and the jerseys are intended to be progressions of the current design. I also changed the shade of blue from electric to a more Carolina blue.

Home and Road

Alternates

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Saints seem a little too close to the Browns set, and I'm not a huge fan of the number font, but oh well. Panthers are perfect. For the Bucs, I would add pewter pants to the away, and change the "black" stripe on the black pants to red. I don't really like going away from a fairly underused color to black for the Falcons, but the uniforms look alright.

spacer.png

The Saints set is beautiful. It's so classic.

The Falcons silver pants are perfect.

I was hoping for a black Bucs jersey. Maybe you could replace the pewter with black.

The Panthers jerseys seem a little too dark. Try to maybe work some white into the set.

But, can't wait for the Rams' to roll out.

All are good, except the Buccaneers. I know I'm going to sound harsh, but the Bucs look horrible. The striping is bad, and the black pants look awful. I feel the same way about your Titans concept, excluding the black pants part. I'm usually a fan of your concepts, and sound nice when giving C & C, but I know you can take heat, so that's why I may sound rude.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

All are good, except the Buccaneers. I know I'm going to sound harsh, but the Bucs look horrible. The striping is bad, and the black pants look awful. I feel the same way about your Titans concept, excluding the black pants part. I'm usually a fan of your concepts, and sound nice when giving C & C, but I know you can take heat, so that's why I may sound rude.

Don't worry, I've already started tweaking the Bucs. They looked worse and worse the more I looked at them.

Saints: Fine, it's a good take on the classic set.

Falcons: Love the use of of black in the Home and Road. Not feeling the alternates in terms of legitimacy. If the silver is so good, why not use it throughout?

Bucs: Awful, sorry to be harsh but start over. Like above, terrible number font, bad striping, black pants are bad. And white pants? Why?

Panthers: It's take it or leave it for me. I'd use white numbers, but I like the font.

3 of the 4 teams here each have 3 jerseys and 3 pants, creating faaaaar too many combos. I haven't checked out the AFC thread, but if that's what you're going for, I guess that's a good thing. If not, I'd consider cutting back.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Panthers set is really great, I like the emphasis on black and the switch to the Carolina blue. The new number font also looks really good.

Saints is also good, I love the return of the white pants to the set. The new number font does a great job fitting with and adding to the brand they currently have.

The Falcons I could take or leave. I like the Falcons look in both black and red, I know as a Falcons fan you prefer the black from your days growing up with the team and that's fine by me. I am glad that you kept the red as an alternate option. I never knew they once sported silver pants, but those look good.

Unfortunately I'm with the others on the Bucs. I definitely wouldn't go creamsicle like everyone else does, I like the pewter/red/orange thing they have going. Also, I guess I'm in the minority but I really liked the white pants. However in expanding the brand you took it a couple steps too far. The number font in particular is horrendous, and the home alt has no contrast at all. Keep tweaking that one, and am looking forward to seeing the rest of the NFC. Any ideas of when it will go up...?

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Saints: I really like the uniform especially the numbering. It looks like something out of New Orleans.

Falcons: No more changes needed because it's perfect

Bucs: The set needs serious changes. I would lose the pewter uniforms, orange on the uniform, and add pewter pants on the aways.

Panthers: Just a solid upgrade over their real sets.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Atlanta's alternates should be primary. Tampa's numbers will be hard to read in game action. Saints black pants need stripes. Carolina is a definite improvement. I'd flip the stripes on the pants from bottom to top of the pant leg.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Saints - Love these, super classic and the white pants are a good addition.

Falcons - Love the black, dont see a need for silver/grey pants unless they are being used threw out (which would be fine). I dont really care for the striping, good idea, but it kinda looks off, and really i dont know how to fix it, sorry haha.

Bus - ... has potential.... looking forward to an update

Panthers - Love the all black, they should have been that way from the start. Needs white numbers on the homes, solid other than that.

Few things for updates:

A comment about Atlanta from me: The silver pants addition is kind of reinforced by what the Seahawks have done this year with their set. I initially didn't want to have three sets for Atlanta, but I really liked how those three sets of pants can help bring out the 2003-Present and 1990-2002 styles of the Falcons, all while keeping the uniform progressive. Thoughts on if that might justify it in some people's eyes?

For the Buccaneers, I definitely have a more subtle update in the works! I kind of wanted to push some boundaries and see how people reacted, lol. Anyone think the number font can be toned down even more without going block?

Saints might get a change too because, as someone pointed out, it's nearly mechanically the same as my Browns concept. I wasn't even thinking that. So far I think the product for Carolina is solid, but I have not gotten a lot of comments on the actual helmet. Is the helmet a go, or no?

Saints - I love the direction you are heading in here, but I agree that the first thing I thought of when I saw the sleeves was the Browns. I really like the new number font, although I feel like the NOB kind of clashes with it and the wordmark.

Falcons - Love this set, I think you should extend the pants stripe up as well, it kind of reminds me of UNC's pant stripe looks now which isn't a good thing. The rest of the set is great, although I'd love to see a red helmet as the primary instead of black. Their current throwback set is my favorite just because of the red/black/white combo, it would also separate them from Carolina in your series.

Buccaneers - The number font is just a little too extreme for an NFL team the way it is right now, I would like to see a toned down version of it as opposed to block though. I'm a fan of the home and way uniforms you came up with but I hate the pewter uniform, it looks like a cheap fashion jersey to me, I think you should go with orange/creamsicle as the alternate top.

Panthers - Panthers look great to me, no complaints, I'm not really sure the helmet would look any better with a white outline, I like the way it looks now, but I'd like to see a white outline just for comparison reasons.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Hey folks! So, I'm getting ready to begin the blog for this series. Each blog post will focus on one team and go in depth into why I made the decisions I made, as well as look at the current uniforms and what design flaws they may or may not have. I'm hoping you guys will follow it!

As for this thread, I've made some subtle changes to Atlanta's sleeve to make it more pronounced all the way around. The stripe starts off like the logo on the front, but as it wraps around to the back it becomes more of a traditional stripe, and conveniently echoes the old Falcons stripe on the primary, black jersey! Which was a happy accident! I also added a detailed sock pattern to the road uniform...it's actually kind of like the socks Atlanta released in 2003 to go with the black pants, though I added in red and grey. I also made the pants stripe taller, upon request.

Here's Atlanta on the photorealistic template! Expect more updates to the rest of the NFC South, and the next division, within the next few days! Also, I'll link the blog into the top of both the NFC and AFC threads as soon as I start it up!

Atlanta.jpg

HomeAlt.jpg

Road.jpg

RoadAlt.jpg

Archived