NFL 2013 Part Two: NFC Redesigned (UPDATE 3/23,SEA UPDATE

Brave-Bird 08

Your Falcons set looks fantastic on that template. As for the other sets, I love the numbers for the Panthers and Saints. The Bucs don't blow me away like the rest of the teams but they are still nice. Great job all around.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, here are my two cents on each NFC South team:

Saints: I really like what you did with this set, and the number font would have to be the best part of the unis.

Falcons: This is a pretty good set which is a much cleaner look than what Atlanta wears now. No complaints here.

Bucs: As most of everyone else is saying, the Bucs need fine tuning. I can get past the orange accents, but the unis just look tacky (The pewter jerseys in particular). No offense, but there is room for improvment.

Panthers: I would add a gray outline to the Panther head logo on the helmet so it doesn't blend in as much with the black background, but the rest of the set is pretty solid, and I like the addition of Carolina blue as well.

So, this looks like a promising series! Keep up the good work!

Alright people, I took everyone's comments into account with the Bucs. Some things brought new light to my opinions, while others I walled up because of my own personal preferences. Here's Tampa Bay V.2. I really, really love the current color scheme for the Bucs--including the orange--and made sure to keep the scheme. Also, I decided to keep the number font. I like it...you will just have to do a concept yourself if you hate it, haha (all in good fun, that comment).

To tone things down, I knew the two-toned yoke was too much, as was the clutter on the back of the jerseys. I simplified the jerseys, but also added the current sleeve logo back onto them. Also, I couldn't get orange or pewter jerseys to work, and black would make four black jerseys in one division, so I left that out. Instead, I added red and white pants to offer some new combinations.

Here's the final set for Tampa. A Saints update and the NFC East are on the way! Expect a name change for Washington!

Bucs1-1.png

Bucs2-1.png

Here's San Francisco. I'll have everything put into the presentation on the OP when it's completed, but I have not given you guys another team in a while so here's one!

For the 49ers I kept the helmet and pants the same but changed the facemask color. Grey facemasks only work when grey is the color scheme in my world. I went with a stylized font that echoes the wordmark and logos. The wordmark is on the chest (as it will be for all 32 teams in the series. Kind of a consistency thing). Obviously the biggest fix is the sleeve stripes, which are now true, not truncated. And, black drop shadows are added to again echo the logo and balance it into the set as well. No alternates needed here, either.

Keep your eyes peeled for more teams!

49ers.png

Regarding my Niners:

Love: Correct stripes, red facemask

Do not want: Number font, nameplate font, drop shadow.

I think on the current real-life unis the player name font is fine but could be larger like it was in the 80s. The number font is classic varsity and I'm reluctant to mess with it. I still haven't gotten over the Steelers changing to that silly italicized mess they have now years ago.

That said I could warm up to the number font when I see it on your 3D renders. This project is awesome and I look forward to every update.

mainescarf.png

The bucs update is flawless!! I love how it gives the illusion of a yolk without one really being there.

49ers look pretty good. Like the stripes, and love the facemask (I also cant stand grey masks when there is no grey)

Cant wait to see my Lions!!!

Archived