NFL 2013 Part Two: NFC Redesigned (UPDATE 3/23,SEA UPDATE

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seattle Seahawks

-I really like Seattle's current theme, I just feel like there are a lot of pieces of it that are forced. The helmet detailing is weird, the pattern in the numbers is busy, and the lack of green in the white garments makes for some mismatched looks from look to look. For the concept, I wanted to fuse together the current theme with the wraparound Seahawk logo, which is a MUST on the helmet and echoed better in the sleeves with the same type of wraparound, rather than just being a tiny logo patch like it was from 2002-2011. I always changed the pants design around to become more swooping, streamlined and unique. The number font is slightly tweaked to look less bulky as well. As for the alternate, grey just doesn't cut it. And I really love that color green. The first time the Seahawks did green jerseys they did it really wrong. Here's the green done right.

path9736_zpsfac1c0d7.png

path9738_zps0964576f.png

Here's a bonus/keeper, as well. This is a toned down version. I left this one on the backburner, originally, because I felt like a lot of concepts had been done like this before, granted in different colors. Anyway, tell me if you prefer this version.

path9739_zps84c84101.png

path9740_zps30a0da34.png

Definitely use the first Seattle look. Your backup set certainly looks fine, but Seattle's set is meant to be more "out there" and your first set accomplishes that objective while toning down their current look somewhat. The wraparound Seahawk on the helmet is the way to go, Kudos on that. The nmbers you are using are more silver and less gray, which looks good as well. Great job on this and looking forward to the NFC North and East.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

I like everything about the first concept except for the curved stripe on th pants, its purely a matter of taste but i think they should be straight up and down the leg like they are on Seattles current set. that being said I think a combination of the two patterns might work. it could end up looking cluttered and busy but i think its worth a shot.

Agreed, go with the first one. It looks amazing. Also, where did you get the number font?

It's a tweak of Seattle's current font.

I know, but where did you get the current font? Or did you trace it from a jersey or something?

Oh, yeah I traced from a frontal photo of a jersey and then tweaked the nodes and curves

Rams and Cards look great...no complaints with the Rams, and my only suggestion for the Cards would be to flip the colors of the numbers on the home alt (someone else suggested this earlier).

As for Seattle, I like what you have going on in the first set. You toned it down pretty well while still keeping a modern feel. My only problem is the totum striping on the pants...it just does't look right curved. Straighten it out like on their current pants and you have a winner.

• 3 weeks later...

Green Bay Packers

-Everything here is pretty simple, but many changes exist for a Packers uniform. Stripes return to the socks, as well, the sleeve stripe on the current uniform looks way too skinny as a single. Doubling the stripe pattern really enhances the look and is a classic retrieval as well. As with every other concept in this series, the wordmark on the jersey is mandatory. Green pants are added as an alternate option for the road only, because the stripe style is intended to echo the away jersey, not the home.

Finally, since the Cardinals (charter member of NFL in 1920) got a "turn ahead the clock", "pride uniform" treatment, the Packers (1921) get a similar alternate. It's kind of a neat way to zaz up the identities of teams that are otherwise pretty timeless, and that implies the fact Arizona's modern unis from the real world are ditched in this vacuum.

path9745_zpsfdee7c19.png

path9748_zps6733aa7a.png

I would like a Dallas Cowboys concept next. Same Silver and Navy Blue across the board. Home whites/silver pants, Away Navy/Silver pants,Throwbacks, Home whites/Navy Pants, Away Navy/Navy Pants and alternate Silver Jersey/Navy pants

I would like a Dallas Cowboys concept next. Same Silver and Navy Blue across the board. Home whites/silver pants, Away Navy/Silver pants,Throwbacks, Home whites/Navy Pants, Away Navy/Navy Pants and alternate Silver Jersey/Navy pants

I don't think you understand how the concept forum works.

Archived