XFL Resurrection

JCRGraphix

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, by popular demand, the Los Angeles Xtreme. I was going to change their name to the Los Angeles Royals, and do something in purple and gold, but keeping with the original intent of the project I decided to keep the Xtreme moniker. So here they are. The design is similar to their original jerseys, but changed enough to keep with the times.

xtreme_zps6e3ddbf8.png

Not feeling the Xtreme. There doesn't seem to have much of an intent to it, though I do like the number font.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

There's a lot of good ideas.

Let's just say that IMHO we must think how our concepts would show on TV. And, this is where things like yellow numbers on white jerseys or numbers on horizontal stripes would not work as well as dark logos without white borders on dark helmets. But I like people who try things say "diffferent". A few corrections and the set would be great.

Next up are the San Antonio Texans. I went with a very traditional look obviously based on the NY Giants/Ole Miss. If there was one team in the XFL with a very traditional design it would be the one from Texas.

texans_zps92e56caf.png

The design for the Texans, within a vacuum, is actually quite nice. However, 1) it's basically the Giants with a different logo and different sleeve striping on the away. 2) It's just not very XFL. When I think of the XFL, I think of uniforms that, while they may not be entirely outside the box, are at least modern. 3) Does this league exist concurrently with the NFL? If it does, I don't think they'd appreciate the use of one of their team's names in a competitor's league. 4) What happens if the player has a single digit for a uniform number? How is that number displayed on the helmet?

Next up are the San Antonio Texans. I went with a very traditional look obviously based on the NY Giants/Ole Miss. If there was one team in the XFL with a very traditional design it would be the one from Texas.

texans_zps92e56caf.png

In addition to changing everything else about this design so it doesn't look like exactly the Giants, you should put the helmet number INSIDE the star to avoid the singe digit/double digit issue that TedCunningham mentioned. It would also look better.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Here's the fixed Whalers one. The color has been fixed. I toyed with the idea of putting numbers on it, but when I tried it, it didn't really work. whalers_zps9fc60d90.png

And this is excatly the Jets uniforms, right down to the pants striping. Most of your work is really creative and unique, but this and the Texans/Giants are total ripoffs. How is this a concept?

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Today I have two concepts, since I've been busy with work the last few days. I took everybody's advice and fixed the Texans. They are now different than anything out there, while sticking to the original intent.

texas_zpsf18dc96e.png

Also, I did the San Francisco Demons. I used a Rams style helmet but only used the outline to create a demonic-looking design. I repeated this on the numbers. I also used some gradient on the piping.

demons_zps73946470.png

The XFL was a pretty sorry league with sorry logos, excepting the Demons and Outlaws. the rest of them:in the dump bin

I like what you did with the 2 USFL teams however i think the Philly Stars away mustard needs to be ditched and quick.

Do you ever think of doing of USFL series? I think that would be sweet!

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

what does the ram horns represents if their mascots a demon?

Most pictures I've seen depicting Demons have horns.

Mike_Demon_375x400.jpgdemon_1%20copy_lg.jpg

The only thing you need to go by to tell if they have horns or not is the logo. And while the logo shows they have horns, the style of horns on the helmet should match those in the logo.

Untitled.png

We're now finishing everything off with the Northwestern Division. First up in the Northwest are the Chicago Enforcers. I dumped the original color scheme for a more powerful Black and Gold. The Michigan wings give the whole design a traditional look while the gradient in the numbers makes it look modern. Thoughts?

enforcers_zps0443e9f5.png

I'll catch up on C&C now...

Texans- I'll echo everyone else and say it still looks too much like the Giants. However, you already tried to fix it and put time to that and also you are the designer so its your decision on whether to fix it.

San Francisco- Love the black. Perfect for the Demons. That type of horns need to go. Since that logo is so cool, put it on the uniform.

Chicago- Awesome!!! One of my favorites yet! Love the Michigan helmet stripes because they give a Midwestern feel even though the uni is very XFLish.

Next up are another expansion team. I am a huge craft beer enthusiast, so I've been looking forward to this design the whole time. I spent a decent amount of time on the logo. As you can see, it's quite obviously based on a beer label. The uniforms themselves are loosely based on Western Michigan. Their color scheme is a very unique one, and the colors fit a beer-based design perfectly. Also, for this design I invented a little league history.

logo-4_zps57fd43bb.png

stouts_zpsf399f229.png

We're almost done! Next up are the Salt Lake City Saints. For the design, I used a color scheme similar to the San Diego Chargers. I toyed with the idea of using wings on the helmet, but after the feedback from the Demons' horns, I decided against it. Here it is.

saints_zpsb97b1eca.png

Finally we have the last team of the whole project, the Vancouver Lumberjacks. For this design, I used the colors from the Vancouver Canucks. There's not much I can say about this design without actually showing you, so here you go.

lumberjacks_zps6e4656eb.png

I forgot, I have a little bonus design for the All-Star game. Enjoy.

xfl_zps28ea22ef.png

Archived