SD Chargers: Worst Uniforms in the NFL IMHO

Mitch B

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was so wrong with this look that they had to change?

494086_display_image.jpg?1306707940SeauJunior-Chargers-02-001.jpg

Nothing; it was a great look. I can only guess that they wanted to make all Chargers fans happy and tried to create a uniform that incorporated the classic powder blue and white helmet for one fan base and with the modern navy fan base. Sadly, you can't make everyone happy and the current mess was the end result.

What was so wrong with this look that they had to change?

494086_display_image.jpg?1306707940SeauJunior-Chargers-02-001.jpg

Like I said before, the white bolts don't stand out as much as the yellow ones. I didn't think they needed a complete redesign however. The set prior to this is nearly identical, but with yellow bolts. Looks so much better.

^ Have to disagree... the white bolts were executed perfectly with the off-set gold outline. The only time I've found the yellow bolts tolerable is when they're paired with powder/pacific blue.

^ Have to disagree... the white bolts were executed perfectly with the off-set gold outline. The only time I've found the yellow bolts tolerable is when they're paired with powder/pacific blue.

Then we'll have to agree to disagree.

yellow bolts > white bolts no matter what blue is used, though l am 100% partial to the light blue (collegiate, pacific, powder, whatever you want to call it). I remember when they switched in '88 to the white bolts, I was 10 and had gotten a jersey the year before with the yellow bolts. I was so disappointed they switched.

• 4 months later...

I agree that the yellow bolts are best and the uniforms that Seau wore were awesome...certainly didn't deserve a wholesale switch. I got bored at work and took what I could find on Internet and come up with what I think would be a cool look blending the uniforms of what Seau wore with the old school 60's stuff.

Couple things about this: yellow bolts, no side stripe on the pants (old school), no line in between the yellow trim around the numbers (again, more old school). Feel like it is a cool balance between the retro uniforms but also somewhat modern.

Uniform.jpg

I agree that the yellow bolts are best and the uniforms that Seau wore were awesome...certainly didn't deserve a wholesale switch. I got bored at work and took what I could find on Internet and come up with what I think would be a cool look blending the uniforms of what Seau wore with the old school 60's stuff.

Couple things about this: yellow bolts, no side stripe on the pants (old school), no line in between the yellow trim around the numbers (again, more old school). Feel like it is a cool balance between the retro uniforms but also somewhat modern.

Uniform.jpg

This concept with powder blue instead of navy, then call it a day.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Uniform.jpg

I agree with some slight modifications.

chargers2014.jpg

Anyway the Chargers have a disjointed, overly busy, dumpster fire of a uniform.

They don't, however, have the worst look in the NFL.

Which says something rather tragic about the state of NFL uniforms.

A. Nope, not even close. Not as long as Miami, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Arizona, Seattle, Jacksonville, Baltimore, Denver, and New Orleans in all black or the Rams in all blue or the Titans in all blue or the Texans in all blue (or red) are still around.

B. It really does. When a uniform as bad as San Diego's isn't even close to being the worst in the league, you know you've got some seriously ugly :censored: passing itself off as a football uniform.

BB52Big.jpg

I HATE (insert modern uniform) THEY SHOULD GO BACK TO (60's/70's uniform complete with sleeves), AND I'M ANGRY

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Uniform.jpg

I agree with some slight modifications.

chargers2014.jpg

sorry but you still have that hideous tribal pant bolt so -1 for keeping it.

Honestly, I don't get the hate for the Chargers' current set, and it sure as hell isn't the worst in the NFL. Just move the jersey bolts up a bit, put the numbers back where they used to be, and either find a way to make the two blues look better together or just pick one shade and boom, problem solved.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I HATE (insert modern uniform) THEY SHOULD GO BACK TO (60's/70's uniform complete with sleeves), AND I'M ANGRY

You forgot your GIF.

V4XcX.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived